Author Topic: Snoop's MnW does another 10k, moving up to no.42 this week  (Read 1212 times)

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Snoop's MnW does another 10k, moving up to no.42 this week
« on: January 23, 2010, 01:13:31 AM »
CHART DATE: 01/18/2010
LAST UPDATE: 01/19/2010 14:54:20
NOW IN: FINAL

13   19   YOUNG MONEY   CASH MONEY/UNIV MOTOWN   20,522   -17%
WE ARE YOUNG MONEY

15   25   EMINEM   SHADY/AFTERMATH/INT   15,165   -38%
RELAPSE

22   27   JAY-Z   ROC NATION/ATLANTIC   14,688   -23%
BLUEPRINT 3

39   38   GUCCI MANE   WARNER BROS.   11,439   +1%
STATE VS. RADRIC DAVIS

46   42   SNOOP DOGG   PRIORITY/EMI   10,683   +8%
MALICE 'N WONDERLAND

« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 01:19:19 AM by ironmike »

V2DHeart

Re: Snoop's MnW does another 10k, moving up to no.42 this week
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 04:28:36 AM »
Snoop is the 'King'. 10,000 units in a week speaks words beyond belief. He keeps this up, and not only will he be the King of the West, but the king of Hip Hop, and the highest selling Hip Hop artist of all time
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 06:30:14 AM »
str8 westcoast!!!!!

lol

Snoop is the 'King'. 10,000 units in a week speaks words beyond belief. He keeps this up, and not only will he be the King of the West, but the king of Hip Hop, and the highest selling Hip Hop artist of all time
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 10:17:26 AM »
its not bad considering that nobody ,who listen to that kind of music, buys cds these days

Allpaul

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 11:47:57 AM »
 This is what he needs to do. Keep working the record slowly, and it will eventually get to the sales he's used to. It happened with No Limit Top Dogg, although it had way stronger 1st week sales...

snopafly

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 02:43:29 AM »
This is what he needs to do. Keep working the record slowly, and it will eventually get to the sales he's used to. It happened with No Limit Top Dogg, although it had way stronger 1st week sales...

its not only snoops sales that look like a joke, damn the rest look kind off messed up also. Omarion first week sales 19000  :laugh:

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 07:19:22 AM »
i cant believe how much gucci mane is still sellling! it shows how many retards are in the world today!

fabtoxicp

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 07:22:40 AM »
i cant believe how much gucci mane is still sellling! it shows how many retards are in the world today!

LMAO, well put   ;D
+1
ur talkin about the new generation, homie - the future of the world

MediumL

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 07:28:49 AM »
The album was shit and had no big single so its not like I wasn't expecting these sales. Snoop aka one of the west coasts biggest rappers struggling to sell 300k is a bad look.

I wonder how much people with a lot of buzz like Drake and Nicki Minaj will sell when Gucci flopped (saying that gucci didnt make too bait chart songs even though spotlight was soft).
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

fabtoxicp

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 07:36:39 AM »
the single is big as hell - "I Wanna Rock" is the next "A Milli"-beat

i'd say dat one of the reasons it didn't sell, is because of the fact dat it is a physical CD released in 2009.

MediumL

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 09:08:57 AM »
the single is big as hell - "I Wanna Rock" is the next "A Milli"-beat

i'd say dat one of the reasons it didn't sell, is because of the fact dat it is a physical CD released in 2009.

why are jay, drake, 50, jada etc selling more than snoop? Snoops albums sellin shit cause it was shit
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

fabtoxicp

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 09:55:54 AM »
50 Cent doesn't sell records anymore -  and Drake hasn't released an album yet (so u can't b in a position to say if he sells or not  ::)

like i said, one of the reasons Snoopy shit wasn't sellin - is NOT because of the lack of a hittin single-presence. "I Wanna Rock" is the biggest hiphop-single in a long time, so ur incorrect. Yeah, it was "the shit".

one of the BIGGEST reasons (i believe), dat it's not sellin is because it was released in 2009, and plastic records aren't really sellin nowadays - NOT even Gucci Mane, one of the current poster-childs in Hip Hop, wit one of the biggest fan-followings right now (teenagers) - sold dat many records..

i really think ppl should lighten up on their judgments of an artist after seein some low first-week sales and instead try to understand the aspects of the music-industry in it's whole - most of these artists AREN't sellin any records NOT because of the lack of quality or beacuse dat they fell of - rather due to the current situation in the record-business --- PEOPLE JUST AREN'T BUYIN FUCKIN CD'S, IT'S SO FUCKIN SIMPLE  ;)

and if a record sucks or not, doesn't really mean shit.. wack albums are sellin just as much as dope albums. people aren't giving a fuck if an album sucks or not, if they are a fan - they are still buyin the abuum. i don't think there is ONE living person out there - dat is justfiiying their purchase of a cd, because of a fuckin XXL- or a fuckin 5-mic rating in a magazine.. magazines and critics were NEVER in a postion of power, concering records sellin or not. NEVER
if you are a fuckin fan, you are a fuckin fan - and he or she is ridin wit his or her favorite artist, regardless.

Example: "Da Game Is To Be Sold, Not To Be Told" one of the WORST hiphop-records of the 90's (Snoop's worst album, quality-wise) sold waaay better than "Malice In Wonderland" --- because it was released during a time when ppl actually still were buyin physical cd's

To say dat "Malice In Wonderland" doesn't sell because it is wack, IS FUCKIN BULLSHIT. And the album doesn't even suck (at least not through a media-perspective - it got GREAT ratings everywhere) 8)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 10:24:34 AM »
Snoop,s album isnt selling for a couple of reasons Marketing being one of them. I do not know who takes care of Snoops career but they are doing a very bad job. Snoop may be the most loveable Rapper/artist in the world.. but musically he is a joke now, and I think this is why some places are giving his album good reviews, simply because of the relations he got with the magazine or website. Ghetto cheap ass videos, cheap promotion, wack ass album, all this is to blame.

I do not get why they are afraid to spend money on major & proper promotion . they rather have dahdah  as video director to do cheap ass videos. instead of having a proper ad, they rather have Snoop doing Wake N Bake Shows.

Instead having someone like Dre. Quik or Even Soopafly to serve as the musical mind of the album, he rather put old songs together just because he is lazy.. Lyrically Snoop is also done, and he proved it with this album.  Snoop Dogg used to be the trend setter but now he follows everything just to stay  in the spotlight ... but this isnt working.. he might stay in the spot light but will be a joke just like Flava Flav is

fabtoxicp

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 10:46:19 AM »
i dont believe for a second dat the media is in favour of him.. no way José - if anythin, Snoopy is one of the most bashed-on characters in hiphop musicaly, as far as bein picked on by media-personalities. the last few albums were all wack critically.. but they were all feelin this one - i don think Snoopy went up to Rolling Stone Magazine and offered the critics some weed in favour for a good rating. no, dat's not hapening.. i dont even think dat the media-world is corrupt like dat, and i dont believe in those  crazy assumptions..

i dont agree on the marketing tools bein wrong, either. i saw it everywhere, and u did too.. c'mon...
the adds were there, the "talk" where there - the stupid "youtube"-breakdown clips were there (my favorite was the one wit the big media-darlings shoutin out Snoopy's new record like it was the next best thing ever)..
and 4 of the album-songs were also havin big fancy music-videos created for 'em ("Protocol"-video bein the best)

what i do agree on, is the non-exitent feel of a new "trendsetting" for his new album - but "trendsetting" is kinda irrelevant when it comes to recordsales (at least when u are already a relevant artist wit fans, dat isn't washed-up)

« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 11:09:28 AM by fabtoxicp »

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2010, 10:51:09 AM »
Snoops album isn't selling because it's horrible.

Using the cd excuse is bs.  U think Detox won't sell?