Author Topic: Snoop's MnW does another 10k, moving up to no.42 this week  (Read 1211 times)

fabtoxicp

Re: Snoop's MnW does another 10k, moving up to no.42 this week
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2010, 10:56:20 AM »
Snoops album isn't selling because it's horrible.
Using the cd excuse is bs.

oh for christ sake, i cant believe this
read my previous posts again, please..

like i said:
"quality" isn't fuckin RELEVANT when it comes to music-sales.
and i will buy u a cheeseburger, if u can prove the opposite..

snopafly

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 11:12:48 AM »
Snoops album isn't selling because it's horrible.
Using the cd excuse is bs.

oh for christ sake, i cant believe this
read my previous posts again, please..

like i said:
"quality" isn't fuckin RELEVANT when it comes to music-sales.
and i will buy u a cheeseburger, if u can prove the opposite..

Actualy with first week sales with 64000 i actually think his sales are okay right now, He has the hottest single out right now i wanna rock. So he has good chances to stay on the charts. Digital the album has sold well also, in the top 100 on amazon.the only reason why his album sold 64000 copies first week was becouse none of his singles have peaked yet. The song radio rating are good asswell for his singles.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2010, 11:53:12 AM »
the fact that it's still selling 10k a week isn't bad at all
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2010, 12:04:42 PM »
I think its more the fact that hip hop isnt selling unless you are a eminem/weezey/kanye. This aint 99/2000 where artists were going platinum and those now selling less than hundred thousand were selling five hundred thousand. There are still albums selling just look at susan boyle and taylor swift its just that hip hop isnt as popular in the mainstream as it previously was.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

V2DHeart

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2010, 02:21:55 PM »
one of the BIGGEST reasons (i believe), dat it's not sellin is because it was released in 2009, and plastic records aren't really sellin nowadays

Black Eyed Peas are at what? - 6/7 Million worldwide
Michael Jackson's Number 1's - 2 million US
Lady Gaga - platinum with the year before that 8 million worldwide

People still buy CD's, and artists can still achieve multi-platinum success, but the industry is weak. Using music as advertisements to other products rather than themselves as performers. Snoop is releasing a CD I would never have known about (being from the UK) if I wasn't on this forum, and on other forums. He's releasing a CD with a degraded reputation in recent years for putting out sloppy songs, and weak albums, confidence is lost in the likes of these people and the industry, but that's a very long topic to get into
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2010, 02:38:48 PM »
I Agree!!!

it would have been easy for Snoop to sell , everybody is expecting One thing from Snoop, an album entirely produced by Dr.Dre, other than that nobody gives a fuck about what The Doggfather has to offer because we heard it a million times, he proved that he could sell millions without Dre. now its time to be real and either give up the mic or step it up and give what the world is waiting on..

To me thats the only thing that could make Snoop sell properly again.. oh and also acting his age would help alot too

MediumL

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2010, 02:53:08 PM »
Look at how many people on here didn't bother buying cause it was shit. Your telling me that if Snoops main fanbase thinks its a crappy southern imitation that sales wont be affected. ur retarded if so

If Jay can sell Platinum plus why can't Snoop. If Em can sell Plat plus why can't Snoop. Its not like Snoop wasn't a bigger star than Jay at one point. he just made crappy career decisions and had nothing on the album to sell it. Lol at saying his singles big. Empire state of Mind is a BIG hip hop record.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 02:57:21 PM by MediumL »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2010, 03:12:25 PM »
the rap game now is WACK

Fallace in wonderland, relapse, blueprint 3?

jesus...there's maybe 3 good songs total on these 3 CDs......
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2010, 03:19:24 PM »
Look at how many people on here didn't bother buying cause it was shit. Your telling me that if Snoops main fanbase thinks its a crappy southern imitation that sales wont be affected. ur retarded if so

If Jay can sell Platinum plus why can't Snoop. If Em can sell Plat plus why can't Snoop. Its not like Snoop wasn't a bigger star than Jay at one point. he just made crappy career decisions and had nothing on the album to sell it. Lol at saying his singles big. Empire state of Mind is a BIG hip hop record.
Yeah I WANNA ROCK is not as big as Bitch Please, Sexual Seduction, or Drop it like its hot.... Snoop is not good at making good decision

Blasphemy

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2010, 03:22:42 PM »
Failure in Crackland, Relapse Repackaged, and Bullshitprint 3,  all sucked hard. I mean damn, lol People wonder why we don't buy albums lmao its not because of the internet its because we know its not worth the 13 bucks. If a nigga made 12 tracks proper, I'd give him my 12 dollars. He makes 2 tracks, and ads on Recycled wasted, I'm not paying 4 the album, I'll get the 2 of Itunes and the rest can rot. Its not worth it today to purchase a full album.

fabtoxicp

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2010, 03:31:14 PM »
Using music as advertisements to other products rather than themselves as performers

dat is very tru.

however, the cashcow examples u brought up are a little bit extreme - im surprised u left out Susan Boyle. bottomline is, the cd-buyin audience in general is gettin severly smaller for every day dat goes in the world. and artists can't really sell any cd's - even the worldwide-scale names, i.e. 50 cent (as documented by current soundscans)..
but u being from the UK, i can understand why u think there's still a big recordbuyin crowd out there.. UK is one of the few known countries out there were the people are still buyin physical cd's - dat's why u guys and Asia are gettin the special edition-treatment wit several cd's. recordlabels have always targeted UK, Asia and Australia. every country is individual  ;)

and im sure u would've heard about the snoopy-record if it wasn't for dubcc - wit all the HMV's u got out there. no prob  8)

Your telling me that if Snoops main fanbase thinks its a crappy southern imitation that sales wont be affected. ur retarded if so
u clearly dont understand the mentality of a humanbein. are u an alien?
dat's xactly what im tellin u, einstein - a fan is a fan. u are buyin a fuckin record wit 2pac, snoop, raekwon whoever the fuck, cuz u like the nigga. not because of no fuckin magazine-rating or word-of-mouf bullshit - dat BS does't xist. u apprecaite the artist in full, bottomline.. and u are retarded if u think anythin else, clown..
i've yet to meet a person, who bought the latest Jay-Z record, and who DIDN'T ignore the fact dat it was wack. IT WAS FUCKIN JAY-Z, and we ALL wanna know what kinda shit he on, even if Rihanna is on the album.. we all buy every album of his.. every time. NOBODY IS EVER IGNORIN HIS RELEASES, CUZ IT'S JAY-Z - GET IT?
and 2pac fans are still buyin 2pac-shit, even if the posthumous-releases are produced by Eminem (yall niggas got dat shit, dont lie - u all bought it to complete the collection)
CRAPPY MUSIC, DOESN'T AFFECT RECORDSALES. it's wellproven - just turn on MTV, Sherlock - and see for urself. one of the few thing dat affects the outcome of a record doin #'s, is whether the lead-single makes an impact - and dat single may as well be a cover-up for a wack-album..

proof of this (dat the fans are buyin Snoopy's shit even if it is "crap") is the soundscan #'s for Snoopy's WORST album - "Da Game Is To Be Sold, Not To Be Told". NOBODY liked it. the media, the fans, nobody. but we were still buyin it - cuz we got fooled by a decent single, and becuz of the fact dat it was our artist - Snoop fuckin Dogg..

if Snoops main fanbase
Snoopy's loyalfanbase doesn't reside on this forum anyway - only caucasian 2pac and Death Row-afficionados from Europe wit weird names  - so i wouldn't say that alotta the oppinions on here are relevant, when u are ranking the apprecation of Snoop's last album

Lol at saying his singles big
LMAO
where are u from? pakistan, india? i dont kno where u reside, but a bigger percentage of our world appreciates the fuck out of his new single - "I Wanna Rock". i dont have to prove u shit.. when 30 of the biggest rappers in the world all are rappin over ur next single's instrumental for mixtapes (like it was Biggie Small's the "Who Shot Ya" beat), u can tell dat it's got an impact.. lol
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 04:23:30 PM by fabtoxicp »

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2010, 03:34:38 PM »
the best example is Jay Z... look at his career...

Jaydc

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2010, 04:01:52 AM »
it flopped because it was the worst album of his career.Even worse then his first no limit again.

And please dont compare this album to no limit top dogg.That was a good album.

RedMagic213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2010, 04:40:53 AM »
cd's still do sell, as long as they are good...at a time where everyone was complaining about record sales...Lil Wayne sold a million in a week.

Black Eyed Peas sold big last year...I know thats pop but I would put Snoop in the same category as them with his last 2 albums.

Alicia Keys doing her thing and Blueprint, as much as I dont like it , sold as well.

Malice in Wonderland is simply a bad album. Blue Carpet Treament was banging, but after Ego Trippin i promised not to buy another Snoop album. And with this release I was justified. I guess we tired of hearing the same old garbage over and over...also with 50 cent.

I still buy albums. As long as they are half decent, and good quality, im buying an album a week.

fabtoxicp

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2010, 04:52:43 AM »
it flopped because it was the worst album of his career.Even worse then his first no limit
i know dat everyone'e entitled to their own opinions, but seriously man - clean out ur earwax, u cant b serious

cd's still do sell, as long as they are good...at a time where everyone was complaining about record sales...Lil Wayne sold a million in a week.

cd's aren't sellin. the wayne-example u dropped, came out almost 2 years ago - and ALOT is happenin in an industry during two years (specially if it's dyin). and artists like Alicia Keys, Black eyed peas doesn't count - because their fanbase are an extremely big entity. u cant namedrop stuff like Eric Clapton, Elvis Presley whatever etcetera, because dat shit DONT COUNT - their fanbase are still alive, and their fanbase aren't familiar wit the e-world, because they are TOO OLD.. dat's why they're buyin cd's-- simple

why didn't gucci mane sell? he's the hottest thing out there, biggest fanbase (teenagers), buzz/ everything.. the physical cd is dead, and will b exterminated in 2 years (just like what happened to the cd-single back in 06) - TRUST ME
u are buyin a cd every week? the record indutry is goin to need a millon ppl like u, to surive for even 3 years..

the only ppl dat are buyin cd's are old people, teenage-girls and british, scandinavan, austrlian/japanase-ppl. the compact disc might live on in specific areas in the world, but it surely is vanishing in many places..
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 05:10:28 AM by fabtoxicp »