Author Topic: New Dr. Dre Interview with The Guardian  (Read 1766 times)

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: New Dr. Dre Interview with The Guardian
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2010, 06:35:50 AM »

"I got some shit coming, believe me."

LOL, yeah right :D
with The Game maybe ;)

Red

Thats what i was thinking... pretty sure he will have a few hot tracks as well as a verse or two on R.E.D to get the buzz going.

let's see..

Okka

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 06:36:34 AM »
Thats what i was thinking... pretty sure he will have a few hot tracks as well as a verse or two on R.E.D to get the buzz going.

Yeah maybe a beat or two but a verse? Nah, i don't think so.

fabtoxicp

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2010, 07:26:05 AM »
u neva know wit andré - he tends to surprise every now n then. he showed up on the mic outta nowhere, on Obie first record - and then on dat Kardinal Offisal remix.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 07:37:34 AM by fabtoxicp »

Mista Rosa

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2010, 07:42:16 AM »

Yeah maybe a beat or two but a verse? Nah, i don't think so.

he didn't rap on the documentary. Can't see him on red
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

fabtoxicp

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2010, 07:51:06 AM »
he actually did rap on The Doc - "Where Im From".
but for some reason, they took the nigga verse off for the retail-release.. industry-politics i guess  :-\

here's the o.g

they should've kept it imo

Elano

Dr. Dre On Detox, Making The Perfect Record, And Beats By Dre
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2010, 02:00:21 AM »
Eight years in the making and fans are still awaiting the release of possibly the most anticipated album of his career. Holdups as continuous as each calendar day, The Doc does not expect to drop Detox before 2011.

"I got some shit coming, believe me," he tells The Guardian this weekend at Best Buy while promoting his Beats By Dre high end headphones. "I'm just trying to be a creator in among all this shit that's going on," he added.

Chairman of Interscope Records, Jimmy Iovine, who also happens to be Dr. Dre's retail partner, explained their thinking behind Beats. "Three years ago we were talking about the deals that acts do," Iovine recalls. "We said, 'We gotta do something about sound.' We went from analogue to digital and the digital revolution all went terribly wrong. So we said, 'Screw the sneakers, let’s get into headphones and speakers'", he continued.

So when is Detox dropping? "I just want to get my music out and make sure that it's heard in the right way. That's all I give a fuck about," Dre commented, beating around the bush. "I have to go out to clubs now [to prepare for Detox's release]. You need to understand what people are listening to."

When asked if Dre had yet created the perfect record for Detox, he replied, "I don't think I've done that record yet. I'll know what it is when it comes; I know exactly what it is in my head, but I haven't done it yet. It's close."

YoungCrookedI

Re: Dr. Dre On Detox, Making The Perfect Record, And Beats By Dre
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2010, 02:22:33 AM »
fuck off this record never comes out, it´s like tupac is alive but unforatnally we all knows the real deal.

Elano

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2010, 02:45:01 AM »
fuck those headphones

Certified

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Still Waiting...
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2010, 02:52:06 AM »
first time i ever say this but fuck detox!!!2011?? what da fuck?

ikke

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2010, 03:38:27 AM »
"I have to go out to clubs now [to prepare for Detox's release]. You need to understand what people are listening to."
It's going to suck

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2010, 03:43:40 AM »
"I have to go out to clubs now [to prepare for Detox's release]. You need to understand what people are listening to."
It's going to suck

It's gonna be David Guetta vs Black Eyed Peas type of shit with a little 4-bar piano loop and Dre saying "Hell yeah" over the top.

...and I'm only half-joking.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2010, 01:49:53 PM »
tupac is alive

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6KvLZ3gdBhw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6KvLZ3gdBhw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>

Lol at that

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2010, 01:50:15 PM »
It's going to suck

It's gonna be David Guetta vs Black Eyed Peas type of shit with a little 4-bar piano loop and Dre saying "Hell yeah" over the top.

...and I'm only half-joking.

If he did hed find some way to make that shit gangster as fuck

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2010, 02:02:06 PM »
he actually did rap on The Doc - "Where Im From".
but for some reason, they took the nigga verse off for the retail-release.. industry-politics i guess  :-\

here's the o.g

they should've kept it imo

for real

Lunatic

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2010, 02:04:55 PM »
industry politics for why he was taken off makes no sense..Game was signed to Aftermath/Interscope..Dre is there lol..no problems getting his verse "cleared" by the label, there the same damn label. Guaranteed Dre didn't LOVE his verse and requested it be taken off.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com