Author Topic: New Dr. Dre Interview with The Guardian  (Read 1748 times)

Digital Pimpin'

Re: New Dr. Dre Interview with The Guardian
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2010, 02:10:26 PM »
industry politics for why he was taken off makes no sense..Game was signed to Aftermath/Interscope..Dre is there lol..no problems getting his verse "cleared" by the label, there the same damn label. Guaranteed Dre didn't LOVE his verse and requested it be taken off.

He pulled the same stunt on 50's "Come & Go".

rick1

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2010, 02:24:23 PM »
industry politics for why he was taken off makes no sense..Game was signed to Aftermath/Interscope..Dre is there lol..no problems getting his verse "cleared" by the label, there the same damn label. Guaranteed Dre didn't LOVE his verse and requested it be taken off.

Never understood why Dre´s verse got removed on "Where I´m From", think that version is awesome. Always annoys me a bit while listening to The Documentary,
when the "wrong" verse kicks in...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 02:30:52 PM by rickard »

Matty

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2010, 03:35:22 PM »
this wasn't even an interview just a couple of quotes from previous sources. looks like they want to push the detox 2011 line so people stop asking dre about it.

lol @ working on other artists projects again. projects that will likely never come out. hasn't that supposedly been the main reason for the delays all along?

Blasphemy

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2010, 04:22:45 PM »
Future Projects (that he said delayed the album).
Relapse - Done, Released, crappy reception, rehash, and going plat.

Relapse Repacked - Fail rerelease, pissing off fans, and showing how much a circle jerk em is now.

Both releases, were said to now be done while Em was doing drugs (Guess that's his excuse for falling off)

Relapse 2 (Completed, they said they finished up while recording the original and wanted to release it as a 2parter if I remember correctly)

The Reformation (Failed, Bishop Lamont spills the dirt on the failings of the math acting on a buzz). 700 masters are gone, Bishop Lamont currently a free agent and currently no signs of him being on Detox now, nor even doing anything with Dre.

50 Cent - Before I self Destruct. Released, failed, no word on his next project. Status. Done.

R.E.D. Album - Status, Unknown involvement, Production has confirmed its not totally dre produced. Dr. Dre is however involved with the project at least in a small part.

So lets get this straight on why he can't release the album.

Relapse done,

Relapse 2 waiting a release (everything done)

Reformation - Canceled, no longer in the rotation of him working on.

B4ISD - Done.

RED - Only being brought on as a guest rapper/Producer for a small part. (Recording sessions probably little longer).

In Essence his bitch ass aint got jack shit 2 do. He's currently whoring himself with headphones and a Computer deal.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2010, 04:30:39 PM »
damn he shouldnt even have his name anywhere near bisd.....lol
dre's worst song>>>>bisd
and damn he wasted his beats on em
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Matty

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2010, 05:48:17 PM »
nah dre is working with that hayes dude and slim da mobster. spending loads of time making music that will never see the light of day with those dudes can be used as the reason for detox being delayed further. jimmy must be getting frustrated though, you know the only reason relapse saw the light of day was because they needed something to come out of that camp to please the money men.

and has anyone realised how if dre is spends a long time with new artists, chances are they will not come out. if shit is hot it will be worked on and come out immediately like with 50 cent. the best albums are usually made in a relatively short space of time, the process is more organic. game was a bit different, cause he was going to be dropped before 50 got involved in his project.

so using that logic, slim da mobster has already been hanging around a while, can't see him dropping an album. this hayes dude might actually get put on if he can get together a hot lp this year. based on what we heard he's better too.

Okka

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2010, 05:51:58 PM »
so using that logic, slim da mobster has already been hanging around a while, can't see him dropping an album. this hayes dude might actually get put on if he can get together a hot lp this year. based on what we heard he's better too.

What has Hayes released? Any Timbaland beats on them releases? Ain't he signed both to Dre and Timbo, right?

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2010, 05:56:18 PM »
I got hope for Hayes because he's fucking with Timbaland.  He also got his track on More Than A Game soundtrack. 

Basically, Aftermath looks done as a label.  Bishop and the label fucked up his career.

Eminem's second come back might revive the label or at the very least Shady Recordas.  If Eminem does sign Slaughterhouse (which depends on Joe Budden's amalgam digital settling) they could help support the group.  I've only heard rumours of Eminem fucking with Jay Electronica so you never know...    Cashis ain't going no where fast - his situation got fucked up due to Eminem personal issues. 

It's a shame so many decent artists that should've got shine and pushed by the label didn't because they were hesitant and afraid to invest in new cats. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Matty

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2010, 06:22:08 PM »

What has Hayes released? Any Timbaland beats on them releases? Ain't he signed both to Dre and Timbo, right?

the fact hayes is signed with timbo too makes it much more likely he'll see the light of day as a mainstream artist. i believe there could be some timbaland stuff on that 48 mixtape, like 'Bottles Up'. no credits though...

Okka

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2010, 06:26:16 PM »
Y'all got a link to that Hayes mixtape? I wanna check it out.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2010, 07:03:24 PM »
d.o.e been signed to him for years and he aint done nuthin really
like many have said bein signed dont do nuthin
timb's roster or aftermath
now tims roster is prolly more dependable but it is what it is

the fact hayes is signed with timbo too makes it much more likely he'll see the light of day as a mainstream artist. i believe there could be some timbaland stuff on that 48 mixtape, like 'Bottles Up'. no credits though...
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Matty

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2010, 07:38:43 PM »
D.O.E. has got some shine though...Tim put him on The Way I Am single that was a massive international hit. no LP but he gotta be pleased for that one.

i'm feeling D.O.E. he's had some great material on the mixtapes too.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2010, 11:45:55 PM »
What new artist has Timbo actually Pushed though, Six Two was fucking with both Timb and Dre and he never got released even with his 2001 buzz

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2010, 01:47:15 AM »

that doesn't mean shit, ask Six 2

Okka

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2010, 02:54:01 AM »
What new artist has Timbo actually Pushed though, Six Two was fucking with both Timb and Dre and he never got released even with his 2001 buzz

Yeah but he wasn't signed to them or was he?