Author Topic: Jay-Z TO RETIRE AFTER NEXT ALBUM!  (Read 180 times)

Myrealname

Jay-Z TO RETIRE AFTER NEXT ALBUM!
« on: November 27, 2002, 01:04:17 PM »
"With seven platinum-plus albums, his stakes in Roc-a-Fella Records and Rocawear clothing, producing films and a distribution deal with Armadale vodka, Jay-Z's future looks brighter than ever. Sales for his combined interests in 2002 are projected at more than $300 million. And yet, amongst all this success, there is talk of retirement.

"My next album will be 'The Black Album' and then that's it. I want to make it a prequel to Reasonable Doubt, leading up to me having an idea for a song…and that's how the album's going to end," Jay told the Los Angeles Times. He continued to explain that he wanted to "loop the whole thing back together, make it a nice package, and that's it - it truly, truly is." Jay wants to move on to different things.

At this point in his life, Jay-Z is ready to offer his expertise to the rap game as an executive. His hopes include to become more involved with Roc-a-Fella's business element so that he can work with new artists, watch them grow, help them along the way and ultimately succeed.

Currently, Jay-Z's The Blueprint 2 hit #1 on the charts and sold 545,000 copies in its first week. He also appears on the 8 Mile soundtrack and on Missy's and Snoop's new albums."

(allhiphop.com)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Jay-Z TO RETIRE AFTER NEXT ALBUM!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2002, 02:21:24 PM »
This again.

Said the same thing in '98.  Going to retire and make the black album cause Biggie couldn't do it after his triple CD Born Again.  He's full of shit.  

If he did retire, he would just comeback like Master P and Too Short.

DPG4lyfe

Re:Jay-Z TO RETIRE AFTER NEXT ALBUM!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2002, 09:26:04 PM »
thank god i had enough of his shyt already!