Author Topic: Now the americans are all for Haiti  (Read 1869 times)

Elano

Now the americans are all for Haiti
« on: January 26, 2010, 10:35:45 AM »
But who cares about the millions of homeless people ?   
Ah, ok. It's not a natural disaster  ::)

Portugoal

Re: Now the americans are all for Haiti
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 11:04:46 AM »

How is an earthquake not a natural disaster?

Elano

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 11:05:48 AM »

hahaha you are so fuckin stupid  :D
i'm talking about the homeless,you fucktard

Portugoal

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 11:25:20 AM »

What about the homeless?

The huts they lived in can barely be called homes.

Elano

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 01:48:25 PM »

What about the homeless?

The huts they lived in can barely be called homes.

:sign_withstupid:

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 04:23:18 PM »
Fuck the homeless.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 06:13:37 PM »
It's because Haitians are gone as soon you are bored by them. Homeless keep annonying you, as you have to see them every day and you can't change that.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 07:29:42 PM »
It's because Haitians are gone as soon you are bored by them. Homeless keep annonying you, as you have to see them every day and you can't change that.

In Toronto we have homeless Haitian immigrants.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 10:51:02 AM »
This is a very important point brought up by the thread starter; and it has even deeper implications.

...See, there needs to be a shift in paradigm so that we can focus on standard of living, rather then focusing on the world's tragedies.  Because if you restore a person's life in tragedy, only so much so that they can continue to live in misery and squalor then you have actually decreased the standard of living in the world.

Let me give another example not associated with Haiti.  People complain about the loss of America jobs to factories overseas.  In reality, this is nothing to complain about if we simply switch the focus from jobs to standard of living.  Because the fact that production jobs are being relocated abroad only means that we have advanced from a producing society to a service society.  And where backbreaking production jobs are lost, service jobs will be gained.  And on top of that, we can then enjoy the products made overseas at cheaper prices; thus increasing our expandable income.  

So the president, if he was smart, he should never talk about "American jobs".  Or needing to provide jobs in America, instead he should only talk about increasing the "standard of living"... or better yet, not talk or do anything at all and leave things to the free market.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 11:00:27 AM by Infinite... Be and It Is »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

zilla

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 01:15:55 AM »
^ I think that's deep as fuck right there. I agree!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 02:30:20 AM »

You're funny and also really annoying.

This is a very important point brought up by the thread starter; and it has even deeper implications.

...See, there needs to be a shift in paradigm so that we can focus on standard of living, rather then focusing on the world's tragedies.  Because if you restore a person's life in tragedy, only so much so that they can continue to live in misery and squalor then you have actually decreased the standard of living in the world.

Let me give another example not associated with Haiti.  People complain about the loss of America jobs to factories overseas.  In reality, this is nothing to complain about if we simply switch the focus from jobs to standard of living.  Because the fact that production jobs are being relocated abroad only means that we have advanced from a producing society to a service society.  And where backbreaking production jobs are lost, service jobs will be gained.  And on top of that, we can then enjoy the products made overseas at cheaper prices; thus increasing our expandable income.   

So the president, if he was smart, he should never talk about "American jobs".  Or needing to provide jobs in America, instead he should only talk about increasing the "standard of living"... or better yet, not talk or do anything at all and leave things to the free market.

Would be fine, if only it would be true that service jobs randomly pop up as soon as production jobs are lost. People lose their production job, don't get an equal "service job" in return and thus lose standard of living and dignity.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 05:05:31 AM »

Yep when you replace a skilled job with an unskilled job, that the wages will sharply fall and therefore living standards will dip along with it. So then your trading deficit becomes astronomical, then the currency will continue to fall, raising the price of importing those goods into the country and making what was a self sufficient nation, one completely dependent and from that it's a vicious circle.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 08:13:39 AM »

You're funny and also really annoying.

That is correct.

ikke

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 10:46:42 AM »
Because supporting haiti is the cool thing to do right now.

The main reason people help out is because it makes them feel better about themselves.

Fraxxx

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 04:08:06 PM »
Would be fine, if only it would be true that service jobs randomly pop up as soon as production jobs are lost. People lose their production job, don't get an equal "service job" in return and thus lose standard of living and dignity.

True! Plus, the people who are then producing our goods are exploited only for the companies' benefits. We wouldn't need cheaper goods if we still had the jobs which put us in the position to buy what was produced here.

Talking about the standard of living and dignity of a Mexican who produces for Wal-Mart in those Maquiladoras... The individual in the US or Mexico gains shit from those business practices.

Der Boss würde sie alle zerbersten!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 04:09:56 PM by Fraxxx »
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.