Author Topic: DUBCNN: Little Brother Announce New LP "LeftBack"  (Read 341 times)

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
DUBCNN: Little Brother Announce New LP "LeftBack"
« on: January 26, 2010, 12:00:54 PM »
www.dubcnn.com

Favorites of fans and critics alike, Little Brother, the North Carolina duo of Phonte and Rapper Big Pooh, is proud to finally confirm the release of an album people have been waiting on for years. "LeftBack", which will be the fourth album of Little Brother’s illustrious career, will be available April 20th via Hall Of Justus.

Little Brother members Phonte and Rapper Big Pooh worked through several versions of the album before locking in the final version of "LeftBack". Close followers of Little Brother may already be familiar with the "LeftBack" title, however, any previously held notions of this album being an EP should be dismissed. Little Brother opted to scrap the EP concept and instead, crafted an album's worth of material for those who have been waiting patiently for new content. "I didn't want our last record to be a bunch of second-rate material," says Phonte. "I wanted to walk away from Little Brother knowing that I gave our fans all that I had to give, and said everything I wanted to say. With "LeftBack", I've done that."

Continuing the tradition they set with the critically acclaimed "GetBack", Big Pooh and Phonte have enlisted multiple producers for "LeftBack", both from within and outside of the Justus League camp. Producers for this album include frequent collaborator Khrysis and GetBack producers Denaun Porter and Zo!, as well as efforts from Symbolyc One and first time Little Brother contributors, J. Bizness, and King Karnov.

In addition to production, Khyrsis will also be contributing guest vocals on the album. Joining the North Carolina producer/MC are Torae, Truck North, Jozeemo and fellow Justus League MC's Chaundon and Median. Resident crooner Darien Brockington and songstress Yahzarah also supply vocals on the album.

Despite Little Brother's dominating presence in the hip-hop world since the 2003 release of "The Listening", "LeftBack" will mark the duo's first album with a true multi-media experience. Accompanying "LeftBack" will be four official music videos, all shot and directed by Matt Koza, known for his previous work with Foreign Exchange, Rapper Big Pooh, Kam Moye, RJD2, and more. While not customary for a Little Brother release – the group has had only one previous official video, for "The Minstrel Show"'s "Lovin' It" – with "LeftBack", Little Brother is excited to offer loyal supporters a long-desired visual take on the group's music. Says Big Pooh, "Three albums, three mixtapes, one video. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense in this day and age. We have always lacked in the visual department, and I think it will be refreshing to finally offer the people those visuals."

Building on the album's multi-media offerings, the initial pressing of "LeftBack" will also feature a limited edition DVD full of exclusive bonus material. Compiled in a documentary format, the bonus DVD will include recent tour footage, as well as exclusive Little Brother footage shot and archived throughout their career. For fans that miss the initial run, a subsequent DVD-only release will also include all official music videos from "LeftBack".

Fans can expect further announcements from Little Brother, including tour info and other interesting developments on "LeftBack"'s road to the release.

www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: DUBCNN: Little Brother Announce New LP "LeftBack"
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 12:57:39 PM »
Great news, props jay

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 04:11:25 PM »
smh at this only having one response...little brother is one of the most underrated rap groups ever

im hyped

Invincible

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 04:14:50 PM »
smh at this only having one response...little brother is one of the most underrated rap groups ever

im hyped

I haven't really checked any of their stuff out yet so thats the reason for no response from me.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 04:30:20 PM »
I highly recommend you check out their first 2 albums

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 05:08:06 PM »
Can't fucking wait!! 8)

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 06:13:13 PM »

im hyped
agreed. The Listening and The Minstrel Show were classics.  Didn't hear Get Back cause of the absence of 9th Wonder, but been meaning to check it out.  If Left Back is their last album, I'm surprised 9th is absent on the finale. Maybe they're saving him for the reunion in a few years!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 06:17:08 PM by LodiDodi »

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 06:26:48 PM »

im hyped
agreed. The Listening and The Minstrel Show were classics.  Didn't hear Get Back cause of the absence of 9th Wonder, but been meaning to check it out.  If Left Back is their last album, I'm surprised 9th is absent on the finale. Maybe they're saving him for the reunion in a few years!

GetBack is just as good as The Minstrel Show, imo. The production is a lot different of course due to the high amount of different producers. Looks like LeftBack will pick up where GetBack ended.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 12:47:18 AM »
I love their first two albums, the Justus For All mixtape is fucking great, and that Big Pooh mixtape from 2008 I made a thread about a few months ago is also dope as fuck.I haven't heard GetBack though
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 05:26:25 AM »
awesome news. like xzibit444 said
little brother is one of the most underrated rap groups ever

Listening / Minstrel / Getback were all dope as fuck.. LB always choose good artists to feature on their stuff... in a perfect world id love to see a Nicolay produced track with LB, Median and Darien Brockington.. that would be firrrreee  ;D

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 05:32:54 AM »
Personally I thought Get Back was weak as piss. Not a fan at all.

Their first two albums Listening & Minstrel Show were brilliant (especially the debut) but their last one didnt impress me at all. I hope this one is a return to form.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 05:40:23 AM »

really? i suppose if you were hoping for a 9th wonder sounding album you'd be dissappointed.. but i thought it sounded fresh to hear LB with some new production behind them.. "cant win for losing, two step blues & dreams" were big tracks for me...

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 05:52:35 AM »

really? i suppose if you were hoping for a 9th wonder sounding album you'd be dissappointed.. but i thought it sounded fresh to hear LB with some new production behind them.. "cant win for losing, two step blues & dreams" were big tracks for me...

Maybe I was yeah. Either way though that wasnt why I didn't like it. I just thought the songs didn't interest me as much whether it be the lyrics or the beats. It was more than just a case of 9th Wonder not being behind the boards.

Paul

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 09:42:13 AM »

Their first two albums Listening & Minstrel Show were brilliant

Dissapointed theres no 9th Wonder though
funkyfreshintheflesh

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 05:31:32 PM »

The only song I heard off of Get back was "Breakin My Heart"....the sole 9th Wonder produced cut on the album.  Khrysis however is the next best thing to 9th Wonder as far as Justus League producers go.