Author Topic: Am I The Only Person Who Thinks 2Pac Was Just Average...  (Read 1323 times)

fabtoxicp

Re: Am I The Only Person Who Thinks 2Pac Was Just Average...
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2010, 07:39:26 AM »
untouchable
where am i talkin about sales, Einstein?

seriously, are u backin away..?   ???
come on now, playboy.. lets discuss

damn, u achieved alot
in provin to me what u were feelin concerning ur hero Tupac Shakur..

LOL
 ;D

and u are definitely NOT 37.   :D

fabtoxicp

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2010, 07:42:09 AM »
and to talk about his emceee skills....  he's not around to show us his growth,
how can you just assume that he wouldn't have grown lyrically?

now dat isn't relevant, for christ sake - dat's hypothetial "what if?"-thinking.. maybe Eazy-E would've evolved into another Chino Xl

come on now, Shiest..
 ;D

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2010, 08:07:06 AM »
cool..  I'll take that.

Now allow me to pull out Hiroshima..

--- Name another average rapper that so MANY OTHER ARTISTS IMITATED AND IMITATE, MIMIC AND TRY SO HARD TO BE LIKE TODAY....?

..again, i'll Wait.  LoL.  8)
New Album "BLACKOPS" Coming Soon
-------------------------------------------
Official Site: www.ShadeSheist.net
Music: www.GFUNKISFOREVER.net
Twitter: www.twitter.com/shade_sheist
Facebook: www.facebook.com/shadesheistfan
YouTube: www.youtube.com/ishadesheist

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2010, 08:10:32 AM »
rakim himself has said pac is the greatest ever so you do the math....

lol, where'd u get dat from? bullshit
he said dat he felt CANIBUS (for christ sake) was the most ultimate rapper to him - in an old interview in Vibe Magazine
pac could not freestyl!!u crazy on a higher level..(easy mo bee) said himself pac could come off the dome..go study ya art cuzz.

fabtoxicp

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2010, 08:11:10 AM »
dats whatsup, Shiest..  :D

besides Pac, dat would have to be Jay-Z

but i feel like niggas is just tryin to mimick Shakur's style - not so much his rapstyle  :-\

fabtoxicp

« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2010, 08:14:11 AM »
rakim himself has said pac is the greatest ever so you do the math....

lol, where'd u get dat from? bullshit
he said dat he felt CANIBUS (for christ sake) was the most ultimate rapper to him - in an old interview in Vibe Magazine
pac could not freestyl!!u crazy on a higher level..(easy mo bee) said himself pac could come off the dome..go study ya art cuzz.
study ur art, cuzz
pac couldnt freestyle offthedome - no.
and the limited spit dat did come out the dome - wasn't anythin dope
the shit he did wit Snoopy off the dome (and dat is the only xample i can think of) - "Cure For This". dat was wack lyrically
and he sure as hell wasn't the ultimate battle-mc. dats fuckin bullshit

anyone can rap offthedome nigga - even fuckin MC hammer. what counts is when ur puttin in a good
performance lyrcialy, when doin it -
and pac wasn't an artist wit the vocabularly when freestylin offthedome -

"NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAAAAZ KNOOOOOOOOOO MEEEEEEEEE, BUT THEY DONT KNO ABOUT DEEE OOO DOUBLE GEEEEEE, THEY DOOONT KNOOOO!"
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 08:24:25 AM by fabtoxicp »

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2010, 08:23:50 AM »
dats whatsup, Shiest..  :D

besides Pac, dat would have to be Jay-Z

but i feel like niggas is just tryin to mimick Shakur's style - not so much his rapstyle  :-\

I encourage you to review modern rap since 2000 and remind yourself of all the (style) and (rapstyle) imitations that surfaced.
Not only was his (what we know today as) "Swag" blatantly mimic'd but at one point in time an entire label dedicated their sound to his Rapstyle.
do i even need to say who..?  we all know..

we can debate all day on whether or not he was a great emcee but the fact is no other rapper average or elite is of his stature..

he is the equivalent of Michael Jackson in Hip-Hop.. there is no other artist that you can put next to him on the Legendary tier.

fabtoxicp

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2010, 08:29:47 AM »
he is the equivalent of Michael Jackson in Hip-Hop.. there is no other artist that you can put next to him on the Legendary tier.

dat is very true (altho 65percent puts Biggie higher on the tier) - the debate is tho, is he overrated or not? does Mr Shakur deserve the "goat"-title..? i feel like he doesn't..
and im quoting myself why..

""so the fact dat 2pac gave a good show, makes him the GOAT? i asked for a debate, where is it?.. bring up real proof to back up what ur sayin.. there isn't anythin called "just the way it is" - every opinion is individual - but there seems to also be a general opinion on 2pac the artist - dat he was "the goat", which i (like many else) feel is overrated.. 2pac was a complete artist, yes - in many ways, very much so - but he lacked the skills of an mc (generally speakin) - which DEFINITELY is the most important-factor dat u should have in mind, when rankin ppl wit "the goat"-title. how can he be the fuckin "goat" if he can't rap? should the other things he accomplished outweigh him for dat, and give him a "free-pass"? NO, dat's bullshit!

he could put on a good show like u say, right?
plus - intriguing and captivating charisma/voice
plus - occasionaly great content-matter
plus - a bunch of other things

BUT HE WASN't A GOOD MC/RAPPER period, the most important thing - how can he then be the "goat".?
pac was the best "artist", BUT he wan't the best rapper - therefore, i cant se him bein the goat

the nigga could'nt even offthedome-freestyle for christ sake, and im bettin u 10 stacks dat the nigga would've been slaughtered in a battle-cypher by every other nigga from Tha Row (xcept mayb Daz)

I AM NOT bashin ur hero, im a big fan just like u - but i feel like he is overrated, and im stickin to it - which a million other niggas feel as well

no need to be immature about it, and sream "what are u talkin about! hahaha woot-woot"
come on, now..""

Not only was his (what we know today as) "Swag" blatantly mimic'd but at one point in time an entire label dedicated their sound to his Rapstyle.
do i even need to say who..?  we all know..

and besides DMX and Ja Rule - i cant think of any other niggas dat mimcked pac's rapstyle.
maybe Tha Realsest, Blac Haze, Krazy - but they're all insignificant really
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 08:32:17 AM by fabtoxicp »

Fraxxx

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2010, 08:37:08 AM »
So is it possible to take the GOAT title as overall Hip Hop ARTIST without being the best MC? If yes, what's the debate about? If not, he IS either the best rapper ever or he ain't.
I don't feel that he's the best MC ever, but also don't think he has to be for being the GOAT?

Some of y'all get really heated if someone consider him not to be the best rapper ever but pointing out that he's the greates artist. WTF?
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

fabtoxicp

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2010, 08:38:47 AM »
i feel like u cant b crowned "THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME" if ur abilities lyricaly and on the microphone can't weigh as much as ur other positive characteristics - dat's what im debatin about

when ur ranking an hiphop-artist, u have to keep the most important thing in mind - the word itself: "Hip Hop" microphone/master of the crowd-skills  
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 08:50:35 AM by fabtoxicp »

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2010, 09:06:24 AM »
I think the earlier Michael Jordan analogy was a superior point..

MJ obviously wasn't the best in every aspect of the game but he is still the GOAT, no debate would be accepted.

It's like the Pound for Pound rankings in Boxing..
Muhammad Ali is the GOAT and he's been KO'd before.. that would be equivalent to lacking Mic skills as a Hip-Hop Artist.
Ali is the GOAT but we also have Mike Tysons and Floyd Mayweathers who are also the greats of our generation.

you mentioned Ja and Dmx as the imitators but u seemed to only have noted the forerunners..
also whether or not the imitators were significant to the masses is as irrelevant as my point about Pac's lyrical growth if he was alive, right?

did u forget No Limit Records and a slew of other 'significant' rappers Pac also (influenced)? lol..  8)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2010, 09:20:58 AM »
That's how I feel bout Biggie. Lol. I don't see 2Pac average, at all, I think he deserves all the titles he gets. I think Biggie is an average rapper in my honest opinion. But this son is on a whole notha muthafuckin' level.

the correct impression ppl should have of him, is dat he was a great poet and artist, more than a great rapper

absolutely, pac deserves the halloffame-mention, but he sure as hell isn't goin down as the best fuckin rapper

That's what's up! Greatest Hip Hop artist/poet any day. Legitimate opinion! Greatest MC? How?
You listen to Pac, get the fuckkkkkk outta here? You nigga? YOU? Oh really? Stop playin' nigga, stop playin'.

What's your favorite joint? Only God Can Judge Me? Worddddd nigga, worddd? Ha ha. I know that's what it is.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2010, 09:26:48 AM »
Plus how could you listen to them tracks like 'Keep Ya Head Up' and get a certain emotion than you hear another nigga, all these other rappers, try to do a joint like that, and you ain't feel shit.

Prolly cuz Tupac was a genuine artist in my opinion, unlike these other cats.

All these other niggas lack artistry, shit is gay. Tupac could actually write.

fabtoxicp

« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2010, 09:29:08 AM »
I think the earlier Michael Jordan analogy was a superior point..

MJ obviously wasn't the best in every aspect of the game but he is still the GOAT, no debate would be accepted.

It's like the Pound for Pound rankings in Boxing..
Muhammad Ali is the GOAT and he's been KO'd before.. that would be equivalent to lacking Mic skills as a Hip-Hop Artist.

of course, no one is perfect - and every known "best" character in every known "genre" of entertaiment have at least one minus attached to him/herself. nobody is perfect..

the thing is, i feel like pac got too many of those "minuses", in order for him to keep dat famous title. u feel me? i dont think he deserves the goat-title and many agrees wit me - dat's why i fired up this debate.
many "minuses" equls: lack of rapping-skills
and i defintiely don't feel like lacking mc-skills, is equivalent to a few K.O's here and there. dat sounds even insane to me.
the best comparison would've been if 2pac took a beating here and there lyricaly in battles - THAT would've been equivalent
noone argues dat 2pac isnt solidifed as officialy bein "the best dat ever did it". we all know dat..
my question is, does he deserve it?

in many ways, i feel simply  like dat the bigger percentage of the contributors in this thread is just emotional, because everytin revolves around Mr Tupc Shakur. and it's always been taboo to speak on 2pac shakur

dat is an individual question - there is at least as many ppl (both generally speakin and through a media-perspective), dat feels like Prince is better - a debate concering dat is also acceptable, and dat comment was just unnecassary

did u forget No Limit Records and a slew of other 'significant' rappers Pac also (influenced)? lol..
Master P never dedicated his style to 2pac's style throughout his whole career - he did so for one album - "MP da last don". and dat was more of a tribute-thing. Ja Rule and DMX were biting..

« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 09:47:42 AM by fabtoxicp »

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2010, 09:50:45 AM »
I was actually talking about Jordan.. 
but as far as Jackson.. absolutely no debate would be necessary,
there is only one King and he has been recognized. Everything else is an afterthought.

and Homie, Master P's ENTIRE label was on sum Pac sh*t.
I still own the entire catalog and my point has 100% validity and merit.

Pac aint got that many minuses.. i feel that's puttin xtras on it..
that's what theorists who share your setiments about Pac typically say.