Author Topic: Check Out Cube's New Blog: The Voice of Cube  (Read 1439 times)

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
Check Out Cube's New Blog: The Voice of Cube
« on: January 29, 2010, 02:49:24 AM »
http://www.icecube.com/users/icecube/blogs/94121

Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 1:00 PM By: Ice Cube

What up Fam,

This ya homie Ice Cube and this is my first blog on my website. We had to change website companies a few months back, and now I think we've worked out most of the kinks. You'll be able to see and hear about what's going on with me, my career and life "straight from the horse's mouth." I don't and will never have anyone blogging for me on this page.

I want to start off by saying, "Thank You!" for all your support over the years. I'm still here fighting the good fight. I don't plan on stopping no time soon. I always trip off artist who say they're going to retire. Retire? And do what? Go fishing? Fuck that. Right now I'm working on my next record, or CD if you 90's or download if you're 2010. I haven't decided on a title yet, but you'll be the first to know if you keep checkin' in on me. "Laugh Now, Cry Later" was my return record. "Raw Footage" was my street knowledge record and this new one is just a banger. I did a song the other day called "Drink the Kool-Aid"...sick lyrics if I do say so myself. Leaking songs all year, droppin' this summer.

Also working on a ESPN 30 for 30 documentary called "Straight Outta L.A." It's about how the Raiders influenced West Coast hip-hop and how West Coast hip-hop influenced the Raiders. The Raiders called L.A. home from 1982 to 1994 and the world would never be the same. Air date is sometimes in May.

Alot of ya'll wanna know why "The Janky Promoters" went straight to video. Dimension Films didn't have the money to promote the movie right and they didn't give me the chance to promote it myself. They just threw it out there "unfinished" for a quick advancement from Blockbuster Video. Hollywood is as janky as Russell Redds and Jellyroll sometimes. Me and Mike Epps took our own money and finished the movie...and you can see and buy our version, with the soundtrack and a t-shirt.

Anything you need to ask me regarding me, my career or this crazy world we living in. This is the place to do it. Hit me up anytime. Working on my next blog as we speak.

Stay up,
Ice Cube

Okka

Re: Check Out Cube's New Blog: The Voice of Cube
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 04:49:43 AM »
Thanks for postin' this, somebody should hit him up and ask what's happenin' with WC's new album.

Elano

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 04:54:17 AM »
Thanks for postin' this, somebody should hit him up and ask what's happenin' with WC's new album.

do it

David Gutterman

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 05:08:27 AM »

do it

Yhea! do it! good question!

frisch213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 05:31:20 AM »
someone should tell him to stop making crap movies and stick to rapping...

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 06:10:57 AM »
thanks fo da hookup

The Predator

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 08:00:34 AM »
2009 - WC's Revenge Of The Barricuda' was promised, we heard *crickets*

2010 - Ice Cube promises a solo album
Leaking songs all year, droppin' this summer.

One month into the new year and so far we have heard *crickets*

« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 08:03:49 AM by The Predator »

fabtoxicp

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 12:36:32 PM »
someone should tell him to stop making crap movies and stick to rapping...

Trip Dee

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 01:39:20 PM »
honestly, i wouldn't expect that kind of move from cube.. i guess it's cool...

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 04:13:09 PM »
Cube's second blog is up.  Looks like WC ain't going to drop until it financially feasible  >:(

Check it out...

The Voice of Cube
Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 8:43 AM By: Ice Cube

What up fam, this is the voice of Cube...

I talked to my team yesterday about the release of my new record. We're trying to drop it around June or July. Don't worry, I'm leaking at lease 5 songs before the record comes out. So you'll be able to hear the progress right here on icecube.com. I'm looking for real feed back from true fans...not internet haters. I'm going in the studio next week to mix a few songs. I'll take a camera wit me and post the session up sometime next week. Keep checking back wit me when you get a chance. This site is a real oppurtunity to connect the World Wide Westside in a major way.

I wanna say what's up to some of my family around the world...Russia, Iraq, Canada, Dublin, England and Kenya. Keep it gangsta. As far as touring, I'm doing Japan in May but nothing major until after the new record drops. I am going worldwide when I do go on the road. If I'm near your city, you gotta see an Ice Cube show. Hardcord hip-hop at it's finest. No band. 2 turntables and a microphone. Droppin' 20 years of hits.

Will you see me at the Grammy's? Fuck no, I'll be kick back watching Lakers vs. Celtics tomorrow. Go Lakers!

New movie? Lottery ticket Drop date? Fall 2010

WC new record? still working on it...he will sell no rhymes before it's time.

What keeps me grounded? Don't sweat the small stuff. Don't worry about what you can't control...and mind your own business, you live longer.

Keep it 100,
Ice Cube
The West Coast Warlord

8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 12:20:37 AM »
same with Maylay, i won't hold my breath for it

Mietek23

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 03:45:35 AM »
Maylay will prolly never drop an album on Lench Mob - I just don't see this happen.. shame tho cause he's a good rapper

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 12:31:39 PM »
3rd blog is below.  Check it out.

Oscars & Grammys
Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 10:21 PM By: Ice Cube

What's up Fam, this is the voice of Cube...

I got some good news today. Al Davis, owner of the Oakland Raiders agreed to do an interview for my "Straight Outta L.A." documentary. The one I'm doing for ESPN 30 for 30 series. We've been asking Al for about 6 months and he finally said, "yeah." I'm suppose to fly to Oakland after the Super Bowl and sit down with him. Everybody hates on Al Davis cause he's a hands on owner. But I like that. "My way or the fuckin' highway" you gotta respect it.

I just signed on to do the Paid Dues Festival in San Bernardino on April 3rd. It's a Saturday. It cool cause this is the first time I'm on the same bill with my cousin Del the Funky Homosapien. I remember producing his first record with D.J. Pooh called "I Wish My Brother George Was Here." I got a lot of respect for Del too. He always hated commercialized hip hop. From day one.

Did ya'll watch the Grammys? Me neither. I remember people use to be excited about the Grammys. Now you know who's gonna win before their nominated. Beyonce'? 6 Grammys? Off this record? Seriously...

The Oscars never fail to celebrate Black people's sadness, misery and ugliness. Just look at the kind of roles that get nominated... Crooked cops, Green Mile type niggas and playing Ike Turner. Thanks Hollywood for always recognizing our downfalls. Not watching that shit either.

I did check out Capitalism: A Love Story by Micheal Moore. Good information. It shows who's really pulling the strings. Check out: Sicko by Micheal Moore. Dope.

I've been trying to get MC Ren back on the mic since Up N Smoke Tour. He just dropped a record so I hope he'll spit on my shit. Stay tune for details.

The Nas, Scarface project was being spearheaded by my homie Tony Draper. These project are hard to put together because of the different record companies. We all got too busy with our own projects and personal lives to make a dope record right now.

When I do tour. I will make it to Tilburg & Vienna

Going to the studio tomorrow. Trying to get Mike Epps to come by. If he does I'll film it and post it.

Keep it gangsta,
Ice Cube

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 12:56:16 PM »
nice to hear that he's trying to get back with MC Ren  8)

MC Ren needs high quality producers

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2010, 01:08:24 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ehN1UgggoS8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ehN1UgggoS8</a>