Author Topic: Scott Storch is too underrated!  (Read 1002 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re:Scott Storch is too underrated!
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2002, 02:10:30 PM »
yeah elizondo got alot mor skills kuz he can do guitar keys and bass.........basically he can do all the shit to producer a track while scott can do keys n of course drums n shit..........but no doubt, no ones fuckin with scott with the keys..........but elizondo got mad skilz to

Jome

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2002, 06:52:08 PM »
Yeah, Scott is tight no doubt, but let's not forget that he has based his style upon Dre in the later years.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2002, 12:57:16 AM »
Yeah, Scott is tight no doubt, but let's not forget that he has based his style upon Dre in the later years.

How much of his stuff have you heard in the "later years"? as i would say only a few of his songs have been based on Dre's style, the majority have not been.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Myrealname

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2002, 02:59:02 AM »

How much of his stuff have you heard in the "later years"? as i would say only a few of his songs have been based on Dre's style, the majority have not been.
Right!
Scott storch is a fuckin tight producer and he can stand on his own.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2002, 03:07:41 AM »
Storch said so in the December issue of The Source. He said, and I quote, "I wrote the music for that one, Dre programmed the drums". whatever though. Producer's are like Directors to me, I mean one feature film requires many peoples work (the scriptwriter, the editor etc) but at the end of the day the Director is the man, he's the one that makes the film happen. Dre is the 'director', thats why he gets credited.
Anyways, wasn't it Storch that got Dre and them into all that trouble over using other peoples work etc?  ::)
I agree with u but tell me who's the man on the keyboards on "Still d.r.e." what would be the song without that keys ?

Yeah, those keys are what stick in your head, but if it wasn't for Dre the whole song wouldn't sound like it did.
If it was just those keys and nothing else the song still wouldn't be what it is today though, so not one aspect matters it's the WHOLE song that bangs, so he shouldn't take credit for the whole song if you know what i'm saying. I'm not taking anything away from Scott, he is dope at what he does but i'm not gonna praise him just because he's done a few dope songs because in my eyes his backcatalogue is nothing on Dre's and others like Quik, Premo etc. His stuff with The Roots is his dopest stuff for me but since then he hasn't really done anything amazing by himself imo.

Just my thoughts....

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Myrealname

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2002, 03:36:49 AM »
Storch said so in the December issue of The Source. He said, and I quote, "I wrote the music for that one, Dre programmed the drums". whatever though. Producer's are like Directors to me, I mean one feature film requires many peoples work (the scriptwriter, the editor etc) but at the end of the day the Director is the man, he's the one that makes the film happen. Dre is the 'director', thats why he gets credited.
Anyways, wasn't it Storch that got Dre and them into all that trouble over using other peoples work etc?  ::)
I agree with u but tell me who's the man on the keyboards on "Still d.r.e." what would be the song without that keys ?

Yeah, those keys are what stick in your head, but if it wasn't for Dre the whole song wouldn't sound like it did.
If it was just those keys and nothing else the song still wouldn't be what it is today though, so not one aspect matters it's the WHOLE song that bangs, so he shouldn't take credit for the whole song if you know what i'm saying. I'm not taking anything away from Scott, he is dope at what he does but i'm not gonna praise him just because he's done a few dope songs because in my eyes his backcatalogue is nothing on Dre's and others like Quik, Premo etc. His stuff with The Roots is his dopest stuff for me but since then he hasn't really done anything amazing by himself imo.

Just my thoughts....
Tell me what part of still dre stick in your head

Murrow

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2002, 01:49:16 PM »
If Storch wants to be a great producer, he should start formulating his own sound, since he is using the one he and Dre came up with a few years ago to make hits.  Scott can do it.

Myrealname

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2002, 10:57:23 PM »
If Storch wants to be a great producer, he should start formulating his own sound, since he is using the one he and Dre came up with a few years ago to make hits.  Scott can do it.
He got his own sound yet,i think u havent heard more than 2 or 3 track produced by scott storch.
For the slum village,mistykal,roots,how high soundtrack,mobb deep....

asiatic8

• 'G'
  • Blood of a Slave...Heart of a King!
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2002, 07:48:17 AM »
scott storch was the one that got aftermath in all that trouble about stealing other ppl's stuff!  A couple of years ago he was being suied by some guy saying storch stole the music for the song "X" bye xzibit.  Also alot of hit stuff recently does sound like dre......the "Streets" by WC and his song off of the Jaguar Wright album.....but either way i still loved the team of dre, melman, elizondo, and storch....they made the aftermath sound..........
Blood of a Slave...Heart of a King!!!!!

Murrow

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2002, 09:33:02 AM »
scott storch was the one that got aftermath in all that trouble about stealing other ppl's stuff!  A couple of years ago he was being suied by some guy saying storch stole the music for the song "X" bye xzibit.  Also alot of hit stuff recently does sound like dre......the "Streets" by WC and his song off of the Jaguar Wright album.....but either way i still loved the team of dre, melman, elizondo, and storch....they made the aftermath sound..........

Word Uppa

Myrealname

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2002, 11:14:27 AM »

Word Uppa
Uh Uh Uh Uh. Actually aftermath got more trouble for that indian sample on truth hurts "addicitve" thanks to DJ QUIK (100 $ dollars lawsuit), storch "stole" the music for the song X and whats up with DJ QUIK ?
MURROW im pretty sure u havent heard (and prolly u dont even who is jaguar wright) j. wright album,to me your too much on the dr dre/aftermath side.
SCOTT STORCH is mad talented,listen to his works on the new slum village album, the "How high" soundtrack,the new roots album and all the others records with him on it.

Murrow

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2002, 12:56:03 PM »
Man...I'm the one who started makin a big deal out of Storch when no one even cared.  I was the one who always gave him and Elizondo props.  Now all of a sudden you start saying it like it is news.  It isn't,  I've liked Storch since he started working with Dre in '99.

You want some tight Storch beats peep the last Mobb Deep album fool.

Myrealname

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2002, 10:34:08 PM »
I got it superfool :D :D

Murrow

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2002, 11:30:49 AM »
I got it superfool :D :D

Okay biggestfool  :D :D

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 04:05:25 PM by ANIKI »