Author Topic: Technology has allowed us to live inward, what will the effects be?  (Read 1042 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I was watching a documentary at Fab5Freddy's website, a documentary that he participated in from NPR.  It's an excellent piece of work, I will give the link if anyone is interested in it.  But they were talking about the boombox/ghettoblaster.  They were talking about how back in the day people used to play there music loud to let their favorite sounds be heard as a form of expression; and that if people didn't like it, they would turn it up even louder!

Then they mentioned how today everyone lives so inward.  Everyone has their IPhone, Ipod, video games, etc. and they have their own world inside their headphones and on their cell phone and computer screens. 

It's a fascinating subject ya'll, what do you think the effects will be of this on society?
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Technology has allowed us to live inward, what will the effects be?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 08:29:28 PM »
soon a machine will make you food, bring the bathroom to you, go to the store and get you stuff
you wont have to do nuthin all for a sale price....haha
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 10:07:22 PM »
The conclusion of mankind.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 10:21:24 PM »
And I ain't talkin' that gay ass 2012 bullshit.

Humans ain't made to live inward. That's why there's nature and thangs of life around us.

Humans are meant to communicate with one another.

Few weekends ago my aunt even brought up this discussion. She said how people is so involved into they phones, and etc., they losing touch wit fuckin' reality. She said how she stepped into the elevator and the two females in there started texting so fast and hard, zoning in on they fuckin' phones, that you could feel the uncomfortableness of each other, of ya know, how fuckin' people is focusing and relying on these bullshit ass devices. I mean really people, what could you really have to say to talk, text, whatever ya do, for that long, that much. Like for real.

Fresh air, water, trees, grass, plants, bees, fuckin' squirrel, got damn dirt, sticks, that's what life is, human contact damn it, that shit is life. Not fuckin' televisions and cell phones, humans aren't designed for that. They ain't designed to live inward. They designed to breath, play outside, they designed for communication, sex...this world is fucked man.

I understand how technology is supposed to 'advance' mankind, but got damn man, there's a line to be drawn at.

THETRUTHUG

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 02:09:35 AM »
tru

The Overfiend

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 05:40:27 AM »
Yeah we was talking about this last night actually about how in even the slightest awkward social situations people suddenly revert to fucking around with their mobile phones and will fuck with their phone so as to avoid making eye-contact.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lq3h3YSEKS8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Lq3h3YSEKS8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 11:38:23 AM »
I think it's synonymous of how our conscious self wants to shut down and instead live our life outside of the world around us. I mean the forums are a symtomn of that I guess but it's also a question of putting into perspective to, the forums give us the opportunity to express our views with people all over the world and therefore is an asset to furthering communication. However contrast that with something like facebook, where people feel compelled to update their status every 5 mins or so. They have formed their world around faceless communication and what's more instead of going to see the person who lives 5 mins away, would rather chat with them on facebook!. We are losing our ability to interact with our surroundings and one another, in the overall scheme of things. However I don't think this new wave of technology is to blame, if you want to see where this all began, you need only look at television. I would be a hypocrite if I overly criticised television because although I try not to, there are some television shows which I do really enjoy, but it's also quite worrying when you consider the amount of time we spend filling our minds with complete nonsense which has no bearing on real life and yet despite that, we become more captivated by it. Or indeed I have started jogging in the early evening and all you can't help but notice almost every home is illuminated by that flashing box. It started with the television, it's now moved on to other media, there is nothing wrong with them in moderation but in the excesses we seem to use them, it's destroying social interaction.

What you just described is something I have noted time and time again, the mobile has become a source of familiarity and comfort. I guess it goes right to the heart of the matter as to why we are being so utterly fucked over, we don't want reality, because we can't handle reality, therefore we try and invent a new reality based on what we want, need and feel. There is this girl I used to know, she was always concerned about how she was viewed by others on these network social sites and ultimately it dictated her every emotion, to the point where after certain comments were made about her, she committed suicide. Consumerism is not just a wanton greed, it's also more than that, it's a need to consume ourselves with new illusions, ever expanding, ever changing illusions, to give us that feel good factor.

It seems that the overriding message coming from the marketers is don't embrace reality, reality sucks, immerse yourself in bullshit. There is something fundamentally wrong though, when the highlight of someones week is the moment they get absolutely and utterly innebriated and without it, they don't feel "normal". All the new technologies are doing is exploiting this underlying rejection of life itself, they aren't causing it, but yes, they are exasperating it. Perhaps it's also a good thing, perhaps through this craziness, we will rediscover ourselves. Maybe in all of this, there is a tipping point and once we reach that point, we will go back to discovering our own humanity again.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 01:14:15 PM »
People have become so ridiculously anti-social.  They are so used to text messaging, Instant Messanging....posting on a Message Board lol. 
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 03:00:45 PM »
^ Yeahhh, that's the fuckin' word, anti-social.

We are losing our ability to interact with our surroundings and one another, in the overall scheme of things.

Word up boy!

The Overfiend

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 07:07:13 PM »

What you just described is something I have noted time and time again, the mobile has become a source of familiarity and comfort. I guess it goes right to the heart of the matter as to why we are being so utterly fucked over, we don't want reality, because we can't handle reality, therefore we try and invent a new reality based on what we want, need and feel. There is this girl I used to know, she was always concerned about how she was viewed by others on these network social sites and ultimately it dictated her every emotion, to the point where after certain comments were made about her, she committed suicide. Consumerism is not just a wanton greed, it's also more than that, it's a need to consume ourselves with new illusions, ever expanding, ever changing illusions, to give us that feel good factor.

You hit the nail on the head there. Expanding upon that, I'd say it is the Ego. It is the age old fabel of man, (its what Satanism is really about as well, mastering of the Ego but also recognizing and using the ego as a tool, thats why Satan is usually half-goat, half man as a nod to our animal ego)  the Ego has always been essential to our development and survival, but given excess it knows no bounds, it always wants something or to do something, thats why fast-food sells so well, thats why consumerism is a success, its all based on our Ego, that voice always thinking wanting and making noise in our minds what you gonna do now or get now, etc but there is not just the Ego, there is also the Self, that is, Being that we only really encounter in moments of clarity and enlightened thoughtlessness, or meditation...the more you practice through mediation and develop Self, the less you will feel the need to engage in the whims of the Ego, you may recognize the Ego like 'ok the Ego wants this', but you will be able to make decisions based not only on your Ego but also the Self, thus becoming less and less of a slave to it. ( also why Satan is often depicted with a man and a woman chained to his chair as a nod to those enslaved to their own Ego).

“If you want to reach a state of bliss, then go beyond your ego and the internal dialogue. Make a decision to relinquish the need to control, the need to be approved, and the need to judge. Those are the three things the ego is doing all the time. It's very important to be aware of them every time they come up.”

-Deepak Chopra

The Overfiend

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 07:12:14 PM »

The Fool comes to the foot of an enormous black mountain where reigns a creature half goat, half god. At his hooves, naked people linked to the god's throne by chains, engage in every indulgence imaginable: sex, drugs, food, gold, drink. The closer the Fool gets, the more he feels his own earthly desires rising in him. Lust, passion, obsession, greed. "I refuse to give into you!" he roars at the Goat god, resisting with all his might. The creature returns a curious look. "All I am doing is bringing out what is already in you," the beast responds. "Such feelings are nothing to fear, nothing to be ashamed of, or even to avoid." The Fool gestures angrily at the chained men and women, "You say that even though they are enslaved?" The Goat-god mimics the Fool's gesture. "Take another look."

The Fool does so, and realizes that the chained collars the men and women wear are wide enough for them to easily slip off over their heads. "They can be free if they wish to be," the Goat-god says, "Though you are right. I am the god of your strongest desires. But you see here only those who have allowed their base, bestial desires to control them." At this the Goat-god gestures upward, toward the peak of the mountain. "You do not see those who have allowed their impulses and aspirations to take them up to the top of that mountain. Inhibitions can enslave as easily as excesses. They can keep you from following your passion to the highest heights." The Fool realizes the truth in this, and that he has mistaken the Goat-god. Here he understands now that it is not a creature of evil, but of great power, the lowest and the highest, both of beast and god. Like all power it is frightening, and dangerous...but it is also the key to freedom and transcendence if understood and well used.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 07:13:54 PM by ILLUMINATI CLIQUE »

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 07:53:11 PM »
Consumerism is all in The Book Of Timothy.

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Now do not tell the world is not fucked.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 10:24:18 PM »
I to this day have no cell phone and never want one, randomly visit people's houses just to say hello rather than call or email first to set up a meeting, talk to strangers on the bus, and in high school in the warmer months I would sit with my CD player plugged into speakers by the portables by the back entrance and blast my music (Doggiestyle always gathered a lot of people).

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2010, 11:54:09 PM »
damn shallow.....you got a pager? haha
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

The Overfiend

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 01:57:58 AM »
I to this day have no cell phone and never want one, randomly visit people's houses just to say hello rather than call or email first to set up a meeting, talk to strangers on the bus, and in high school in the warmer months I would sit with my CD player plugged into speakers by the portables by the back entrance and blast my music (Doggiestyle always gathered a lot of people).

We should all be more like you. I already talk to strangers on the street, now I'm gonna start turning up unannounced at friends houses..