Author Topic: Technology has allowed us to live inward, what will the effects be?  (Read 1041 times)

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Technology has allowed us to live inward, what will the effects be?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 03:31:19 AM »
Cellys are useful devices, but there's nothing more annoying than seeing people pull their phones out while eating out, or at a bar.

The Overfiend

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 04:51:48 AM »
Consumerism is all in The Book Of Timothy.

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Now do not tell the world is not fucked.

The Bible is an interpretation of Humanity's situation. However, the Bible is not all that there is...

People have been in so many various different situations throughout history affording it a diverse, rich interpretation of Humanity's existence on the Earth.

Infact, humanity through its history developed many other interpretations of Humankind's situation upon this Earth. This Garden of Eden, the Blue Jewel in Black Space, and even that part of Space simply but a 'space' in the vast immensity of the Universe...

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 09:01:06 AM »
damn shallow.....you got a pager? haha

Nope. I like being able to take off and not be reached by anyone. If I'm not home then I'm in the neighborhood. If I'm not there then don't bother looking, I'll get in touch with you when I get home. I like to disappear when ever I want to. Just as I show up unannounced I leave unannounced. If I'm hanging out at a friends house and I get bored I just get up like I'm going to the washroom and leave completely. I've been called Batman a few times because of that.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 11:25:23 AM »

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

The Bible is an interpretation of Humanity's situation. However, the Bible is not all that there is...

People have been in so many various different situations throughout history affording it a diverse, rich interpretation of Humanity's existence on the Earth.

Infact, humanity through its history developed many other interpretations of Humankind's situation upon this Earth. This Garden of Eden, the Blue Jewel in Black Space, and even that part of Space simply but a 'space' in the vast immensity of the Universe...

And it's also an interpretation of Humanity's fate.

Who else has an interpretation Humankind's fate? Nostradamus? That's it, besides The Holy Books, word?

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2010, 11:45:31 AM »

Nope. I like being able to take off and not be reached by anyone. If I'm not home then I'm in the neighborhood. If I'm not there then don't bother looking, I'll get in touch with you when I get home. I like to disappear when ever I want to. Just as I show up unannounced I leave unannounced. If I'm hanging out at a friends house and I get bored I just get up like I'm going to the washroom and leave completely. I've been called Batman a few times because of that.

Thats all cool...if you dont have any major responsibilities (a kid, etc).  Even though, Ive heard homeless people jusitify their situation with the same reasoning lol. 
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

ikke

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2010, 12:00:05 PM »

You're just describing human behaviour there

We are losing our ability to interact with our surroundings and one another, in the overall scheme of things.
On the other side this does mean that people become independent.
Not having to rely on your surroundings as much to survive is actually a step forward.

Co-sign!!!!
Thought I was the only one

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2010, 04:59:27 PM »
Yes, exactly, behavior. Behavior is what's capable to turn humankind into a wrong direction. We ain't meant to live inward, period. And the effects ain't gonna be positive. Like the niggas done stated, it's consumerism which coincides wit ego.

You gotta be very full of yourself to have to tell the world everythang you do in a day, at every moment. Keep shit personal. But it's attention. That's being a lover of your own self.

Myspaces, etc., all that shit is losing touch with reality. We human. Not machine.

The Overfiend

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 03:43:41 AM »

And it's also an interpretation of Humanity's fate.

Who else has an interpretation Humankind's fate? Nostradamus? That's it, besides The Holy Books, word?

It does say things that readers of the Bible often interpret as the fate of humanity. I don't think that is it all though, most religions, beliefs of people worldwide and throughout history, even science, has something to say about humanity and it's possible fates and fortunes. It would be nice to have a set of books, a silver bullet of understanding if you will; that is the end all and know all of everything, however the reality is the Holy Books do not hold an exclusive monopoly on truth and understanding. My own approach is to explore a variety of perspectives..not confine oneself to just the Bible, or just the Koran, or just the Talmud, etc

...the barriers of of art are not closed,
no artist being in possession of the perfection to which he should aspire...

ikke

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2010, 06:48:18 AM »
Yes, exactly, behavior. Behavior is what's capable to turn humankind into a wrong direction. We ain't meant to live inward, period. And the effects ain't gonna be positive. Like the niggas done stated, it's consumerism which coincides wit ego.

You gotta be very full of yourself to have to tell the world everythang you do in a day, at every moment. Keep shit personal. But it's attention. That's being a lover of your own self.

Myspaces, etc., all that shit is losing touch with reality. We human. Not machine.
We're meant to be selfish fucks.

It helps us survive.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2010, 08:17:08 AM »

Thats all cool...if you dont have any major responsibilities (a kid, etc).  Even though, Ive heard homeless people jusitify their situation with the same reasoning lol.  

Parents raised their children just fine with out cellphones or pagers for centuries. I'll never need one. I obviously will not pick up and leave at any moment when someone is counting on me. I'm talking about doing so in tedious gatherings and shit like that.

Oh, and another thing about me, and my family, we never lock our doors while we're home and awake. It was pretty common here when I was younger, but in recent years people hear that and think I'm nuts.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 08:43:20 AM by Shallow »

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2010, 04:53:11 PM »
Shallow is real ass folk. Real ass people. I fuckin' feel you on talkin' to strangers. That's such a positive look. That's how my grandparents be, like they'll sit there and have full blown conversations wit ANYBODY, and it'll be all respect, ya know. I don't give a fuck how korny it sound, when I see people doin' that its such a good look. Makes me happy. ;D Like when people approach me wit word, it's a beautiful thang, I love it, I salute it. Proof of God. I'm sure that's the shit that makes him happy. Fuck false communication.

Aight, on the real though...

It does say things that readers of the Bible often interpret as the fate of humanity. I don't think that is it all though, most religions, beliefs of people worldwide and throughout history, even science, has something to say about humanity and it's possible fates and fortunes. It would be nice to have a set of books, a silver bullet of understanding if you will; that is the end all and know all of everything, however the reality is the Holy Books do not hold an exclusive monopoly on truth and understanding. My own approach is to explore a variety of perspectives..not confine oneself to just the Bible, or just the Koran, or just the Talmud, etc

...the barriers of of art are not closed,
no artist being in possession of the perfection to which he should aspire...

Yeah, but chu gotta admit, it's veryyyy verryyy accurate. ;) Guarantee you folks from the 20's couldn't even predict what the hell would be happening in this world today. Cuz more than half the shit happening today wasn't even heard of. Yet over 3,000 years ago?  ;D

It helps us survive.
Nahhhhhh, no we ain't my nigga. Selfishness ain't a good look though, I know, I know we be fuckin' possessing that, but it ain't good.

ikke

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2010, 05:12:21 AM »

It helps us survive.
Nahhhhhh, no we ain't my nigga. Selfishness ain't a good look though, I know, I know we be fuckin' possessing that, but it ain't good.
This is not opinion it's fact.

Why do you think only humans see it as a bad thing?
If an animal thought about anything other then himself and maybe his fam he would die.

Survival of the fittest, not the nicest.