11 (27.5%)
top 15
9 (22.5%)
top 20
6 (15%)
top 30
8 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: where does Redman rank amongst top rappers???  (Read 823 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: where does Redman rank amongst top rappers???
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2010, 09:18:15 PM »
who?
call out names

radio tube finally gettin some sense into him and not hatin on the dubb aka the real doc
there are a few rappers better than redman...coast 2 coast

radio what rappers are above redman for you?

DIZD is a personal classic of mines and MW isn't too far off either but Red is way overrated and always has been.  I fuck wit' Doc but Doc ain't no D.O.C ya dig

alot... simplest way to put it.

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2010, 09:59:21 PM »
I think he is better as a guest or with Meth and so I put him round top 15-20ish at best 8)

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 02:26:27 AM »
Top 10-15

fabtoxicp

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 03:01:22 AM »
top 10 easy. this is fuckin Funk Doctor we're talkin about..   8)

BigNeckBone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Drama means nothing, it's part of tha game
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2010, 04:06:41 AM »
Top 15-20 of all time
<a href="http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2014022200kVp8nskXeGtIEO10TEVk7U&amp;file=output_XhDD0f.gif" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2014022200kVp8nskXeGtIEO10TEVk7U&amp;file=output_XhDD0f.gif</a>

Okka

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2010, 04:25:46 AM »
I think he is better as a guest or with Meth and so I put him round top 15-20ish at best 8)

Have you heard his solo albums?

Lucifuge

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2010, 04:45:30 AM »
top 10..hes mad dope 8) 8)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

westside159

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2010, 06:04:46 AM »
Top 20  he is in there somewhere

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2010, 06:43:40 AM »
i dont know where id put him, he has mad skills and is a great MC but its giving me a headache trying to think if he is better than so and so lol.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Trip Dee

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2010, 07:28:48 AM »
i voted top 20. btw have you noticed that Redman is probably only rapper that lost weight instead of gainin it through his career?  :D

ikke

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2010, 07:50:05 AM »
i voted top 20. btw have you noticed that Redman is probably only rapper that lost weight instead of gainin it through his career?  :D
Pharoahe MOnch?

I didn't notice redman losing weight tho.

Trip Dee

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2010, 07:59:40 AM »
yeah pharoahe too.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QOCdFIxKg5o&amp;hl=pl_PL&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QOCdFIxKg5o&amp;hl=pl_PL&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6</a>           <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2koKriwZkm0&amp;hl=pl_PL&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2koKriwZkm0&amp;hl=pl_PL&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6</a>

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2010, 09:25:01 AM »
Based on what exactly?

I said top 30, prolly put red in the low 20's...First 3 albums are dope...one of these days i'll have to do a list of like my top 50 or something and see where i'd actually put Red...I mean he was ridiculous in his early days but I haven't copped an album of his since Doc's Da Name.

I need to bump some of his stuff, it's been a while.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2010, 10:31:41 AM »
Redman is in my personal Top 10.

When taking into consideration all aspects of being a G.O.A.T. then Redman is somewhere between 10-15.

Skills: Lyrically he just nice, flow wise he just nice, content is his only problem but he still manages to keep your attention throughout whole albums just spittin' hot lines.

Catalogue: One of the best catalogues.
Whut Thee Album, Dare Iz A Darkside, Muddy Waters = consistently brought up in "classic" discussions
Docs Da Name = great album
Malpractice = his only weak album
Red Gone Wild = good album

El Nino = great album (its the Def Squad album Red, Erick and Keith for all you newbies)
BlackOut = great album
Blackout2 = great album

Impact/Influence = Im sure most ppl on this board have Eminem above Redman  ::)  on their lists but guess who influenced Em's style the most? same for Ludacris... all that comedy in the music, skits, videos = Red's style! One of the first rappers to dedicate their music to smoking weed 1992, before The Chronic but after Cypress Hill

Longevity = still in the game although not as good as before but still dropping good material ie. BlackOut2 one of last years best albums...

That's why he's at least Top 10-15 all time...

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2010, 11:13:36 AM »
Redman is in my personal Top 10.

When taking into consideration all aspects of being a G.O.A.T. then Redman is somewhere between 10-15.

Skills: Lyrically he just nice, flow wise he just nice, content is his only problem but he still manages to keep your attention throughout whole albums just spittin' hot lines.

Catalogue: One of the best catalogues.
Whut Thee Album, Dare Iz A Darkside, Muddy Waters = consistently brought up in "classic" discussions
Docs Da Name = great album
Malpractice = his only weak album
Red Gone Wild = good album

El Nino = great album (its the Def Squad album Red, Erick and Keith for all you newbies)
BlackOut = great album
Blackout2 = great album

Impact/Influence = Im sure most ppl on this board have Eminem above Redman  ::)  on their lists but guess who influenced Em's style the most? same for Ludacris... all that comedy in the music, skits, videos = Red's style! One of the first rappers to dedicate their music to smoking weed 1992, before The Chronic but after Cypress Hill

Longevity = still in the game although not as good as before but still dropping good material ie. BlackOut2 one of last years best albums...

That's why he's at least Top 10-15 all time...

I'd agree with most of that. He has more crossover appeal than you'd think aswell...his new drum and bass track with Adam F and the Dubstep remixes are doing big things in the Uk at least in those genres.