Author Topic: Paid tha cost to be da boss- My review  (Read 596 times)

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
Paid tha cost to be da boss- My review
« on: November 28, 2002, 08:14:37 AM »
Thi is just my´n personal tought about the album, nothing like amma go in the depht of does production (well not to much):

1. Don Doggy : what can i say? this is the 1st intro to the album, and kinda okay.                                                    Nothing special like the Last Meal intro, but lives up to its titel.
Snoop kill´s a man who wants some help, cus he needs money, WOW?

2. Da Bo$$ would like to see you: The second intro (dont know why?), and its better then the first. I like the production E-Swift made there, and i´m on to the fact that Snoop should hade made some dope rhymes for this one. "Gotti, tha boss would like to see you. Soprano the boss would like to see you. Al Capone, the boss would like to see you", its cool.

3. Stoplight: "What, this is averege" i tought the first couple of times i heard it. Then i heard it on my´n mini-disc, and  ¤ click ¤ i felt this shit more and more. this is one of the songs that take some time, to grove on me. This is a pretty good Jelly Roll production,
and whit Snoops flow this can be a verry good hit.

4. From the chuuuch, to da palace: This is the first single, as most of you know buy now. And it should be in my opiniont, cus it shows Snoop has changed (not to the bad) on this new album. The Neptunes are hot right now as producers, and this song shows why. The production is realy good, and when you have that and good rhymes then its a hit. Snoop trying some difrent things, and doin it with style.

5. I belive in you: A Hi-Tek song, right here.... So what? This song is kinda more R´n´B/Soul song, then a rap song. Hi-Tek doin it good with the production.
Snoop have good rhymes, but when i think about this song i think more of Soul then Snoop shit. It feels like a Latoiya song with Snoop as a ft. rapper. To much Latoiya, but Snoop just tryin to promot some of the Doggystyle records artists.

6. LoLLipop: this my fav. song (right now) right here. I cant sit down to this one, i have to get my bounce on. Snoop hot, Nate at his best, Soopafly proves to the world that  hes a dope rapper and  Jay Z makes me think that he is a pretty good rapper, but hi just haves to many crap songs. This puts Just Blaze in my´n top 5 favorit producers (right now). Only thing is that Snoops verse is just too small, this song should have been a 5 min. song.

7. Ballin´: Soo Batlecat did have a song on Snoops new album, and what a song. this song i have heard before, and i still think that its a BOMB. This is a "lay low- and make a flow- while you nod your head slowly" kinda song. Batlecat did a verry good production, and Snoop makes sure that he get his flow right while The Dramatics does tha damn thang. Again, should have been more Snoop in it, but The Dramatics do it good, and its not like Snoop aint on the song. He has 3 verses.

8. Beautiful: Again a good production from The Neptunes, and this time a lil better then on the "From the chuuuch to da palace". This time the beat is kinda better, for Snoops voice. And has a good crossover. Pharrell is on the hook again, and does it as good as on the "from tha chuuuch, to da palace". Calvin´s rhyme´s is lil better than just good, you know? good thing, that this tha second single, but maybe people that not are fans may think that hes gone to much Neptunes, since bouth singles are Neptune produced.

9. Paper´d up: What to say bout this one? Its good, its dope, its to small. And thats a shame, cus this could have been the 3th single. Just 1 verse from Snoop? I mean Mr. Kane does it good and same about Traci Nelson, but it should have been a longer song.
good production by Fredwreck like almost allways. The beat and the backround sound makes me think a lil bit bout Lollipop, you know the indian style.

10. Wasnt your fault: The production by LT Hutton is not his greatest, and the whole song is a kinda R´n´B/Rap song then a Straight up Snoop joint. I cant realy say what i feel bout this song, cus sometimes i think that its o.k., and other times i change to the next track. its the hook that im not like´n. Pretty good flow from Snoop.

11. Bo$$ playa: It has groved on me, becouse in the begining i dint pay it any atention.
But again when i heard it realy thru, i felt for it. good rhymes, and good flows. Not the best from Fredwreck, but also long from the worst.

12. Hourglass: a good club joint, as Snoop say´s on the begining of the song. From the first time i heard it i thought the same: its a dope song, and good to get your ass up and dance. I dont know about Jelly Roll, becouse hi is not my favorit to produce songs but hi does good on this one. Hourglass is not liked buy many persons (i got that from difrent forums), but in my apinoin its realy good. Goldie Loc puts it down hard at us, and Mr. Kane shows his best side. great song...

13. The one and only: Most of them that hade heard this song know what its about and how it go´s. DJ Premier made a song that is filed with parts of a couple Snoop classic banga´s, and it works. I just wanna stand up and shout "Its the one and only D-O-double G, Top Dogg buy them all, im burnin shit up...".

14. I miss that bitch: This aint the shit. The production is so and so, and E-white isnt at his best here, like he was on the "Doin it bigg" song on the Doggystyle Allstars. In my opinion E-white kinda ruin the song. Snoop is good on it, so thats cool.

15. From Long Beach to Brick City: Its Fredwreck so its probably good. And yes. This a bigg hot playa song right here, with 2 bigg verses on Redman ´N´ Snoop. In the midle we have the good old Nate Dogg, doin it good but not as good as on Lollipop. warren G you can hear in the bigining, i think, where he say´s "get on up to get down, and realy go to town...".Its a shame, cus he should have had a verse on it.

16. Suited ´n´ booted: A hooot track buy Snoop and Meech Wells. its a club banga, like the "Hourglass" song. Is there more to say to this, beside that its a dope, and has Snoop rhym´n bout stuff like the Snoop Deville and shit, in a realy good way. Again, shame its only a 3 min. song.

17. You got what i want:  Dint think that it would be a seriusly good track, but it fool´d me. Jelly Roll´s production is not always good, and this time its average but Snoop, Ludacris, Goldie and Uncle Charlie Wilson make this a hit whit there collaboration on this one. Especialy Ludacris made me re-think his rap skills one more time.

18. Batman and Robin: This song and the "One and only" song makes me wanna hear more stuff from DJ Premier. Mr. Premier knows what he does, and does it good. Tight song with Lady of Rage and RBX. The first time i heard about this idea od snoop, to make this Batman and Robin song, i was excited. And then i heard shit like it aint good, and stuff like dat. Man, fuck that. This is a tight song, and i especialy like ti hear snoop and Rage da theere thang together. This tha first time Lady Of Rage and RBX are on a Snoop Dogg album since the Doggystyle cd. This is Rage on here best (with respect to "Unfuckwitble", it was average), Snoop showin of and RBX doesnt destroy the song, but kinda helps it with his dark voice on the hook and plus here and there.

19. A message 2 fat cuzz: " I was once told, that..." this the way it starts and after a 1 or so, ends. This is a kinda more sirious message to Suge, teelin him how he feels. He teels bigg cuz that he should be worried, becouse Snoop knows him. he thinks like him, so whatever Suge wants to do he need to know that Snoop is also goin to do it. Just bigger, better and faster. so, slow yo roll. The whole theme is like the Bones shit, with the dogs in the backround.

20. Pimp Slap´d : Yall know snoop got some nutz, to put this kind of a song out. Props to tha Bo-$$. The production by Josef Leinberg, was a good idea to this kinda song.. I dont think that, that production would have worked on a another song, but it does on this one. Snoop got some off the best rhymes right on this song. lil bit freestyle kind of a song, maybee?

overall: 4.5 / 5.0

Not Snoops best and not a classic, but better then the NLTD.

"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re:Paid tha cost to be da boss- My review
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2002, 09:31:55 AM »
what the fuck happened with my review >:(

Snoop_da_BOSS

Re:Paid tha cost to be da boss- My review
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2002, 09:48:08 PM »
I agree w/ your review, dawg.. but U aint got much skillz doin reviews, dat's wat I think.. Tech's reviews, now they are really interestin 2 read.. yours=solid

Chuuch!!!