Author Topic: IF YOU HAVE SOME CAKE IN THE BANK, BUY TOYOTA STOCK / STOCKS DROPPED ANOTHER $2  (Read 287 times)

Muhfukka

Re: IF YOU HAVE SOME CAKE IN THE BANK, BUY TOYOTA !!!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 01:45:21 PM »
fuck all that jap shit haha

universe

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 01:58:12 PM »
WAIT FOR IT...

Toyota inquiry expands to include additional models
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-toyota4-2010feb04,0,6666165.story

Matty

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 02:05:22 PM »
Japanese Cars > American Cars.

universe

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 02:46:34 PM »
JAPANESE DESIGN & AMERICAN MADE  <<<  AMERICAN DESIGN & AMERICAN MADE <<< EURO DESIGN & EURO MADE

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 03:12:38 PM »
my parents have a 1991 Toyota Camry & that shit still runs better than anything you're buying in America lol.

Toyota is the easy purchase. 8)

Al Bundy

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 04:46:01 PM »
i drive a 4runner and it runs like a champ

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 05:10:51 PM »
i drive a maxima and i fucking love it

acgrundy

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 05:48:42 PM »
got a tacoma and it is the best purchase of my life.  Huge fan of toyota here.

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 05:56:14 PM »
Gimmie something built by the Eurotrash and I'm happy. More expensive, but drives like nobody's business.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

universe

US gov't investigating Prius brakes

By KEN THOMAS, Associated Press Writer

Thursday, February 4, 2010 at 8 a.m.

WASHINGTON — The Transportation Department opened an investigation Thursday into brake problems in the 2010 Prius, the latest in a series of safety troubles at Toyota that have confused drivers and strained the Japanese automaker's relationship with U.S. regulators.

Toyota earlier Thursday acknowledged design problems with the brakes in its prized gas-electric hybrid, but said it was still deciding how to inform customers and whether a recall is needed.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the Transportation Department's safety agency, said it has received 124 reports from consumers about the Prius brakes, including four reports of crashes. The investigation will look into allegations of momentary loss of braking capability while traveling over uneven road surfaces, potholes or bumps.

The U.S. investigation, while preliminary, represents another setback for Toyota, which has been battered with two major recalls in the United States covering millions of vehicles. Those involve gas pedals that can get trapped under floor mats or become stuck on their own and fail to return to the idle position. The safety probes have challenged Toyota's long-standing reputation for building safe, quality vehicles.

The Prius is not part of the gas pedal recalls.

NHTSA said investigators have talked to consumers and conducted pre-investigatory field work. The preliminary evaluation involves about 37,000 vehicles in the United States.

"Safety is our top priority," said Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood. NHTSA said LaHood spoke with Toyota president Akio Toyoda late Wednesday and was assured by the executive that Toyota was taking the safety concerns seriously.

Toyota said in a statement it would fully cooperate with NHTSA's investigation.

The U.S. investigation came after the Japanese government ordered Toyota to investigate brake problems in the Prius, the world's best-selling hybrid. Toyota said it had already corrected problems with the antilock brake system in Prius models sold since late last month, including those shipped overseas.

The new version of the gas-electric Prius hybrid went on sale in the U.S. and Japan in May 2009.

Paul Nolasco, a company spokesman in Japan, said the time lag for brakes kicking in felt by drivers stem from the two systems in a gas-electric hybrid - the gas-engine and the electric motor.

When the car moves on a bumpy or slippery surface, a driver can feel a pause in the braking when the vehicle switches between the traditional hydraulic brakes and the electronically operated braking system, he said. The brakes work if the driver keeps pushing the pedal, he said.

NHTSA said it opens 100 investigations every year and there are currently 40 open defect investigations, three of which involve Toyota. NHTSA said its defect and compliance investigations have resulted in 524 recalls involving 23.5 million vehicles during the past three years.

---

AP Business Writer Yuri Kageyama in Tokyo contributed to this report.

Al Bundy

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 03:24:12 PM »
Gimmie something built by the Eurotrash and I'm happy. More expensive, but drives like nobody's business.

i used to drive a range rover and that shit had mad problems.

Sikotic™

US gov't investigating Prius brakes

By KEN THOMAS, Associated Press Writer

Thursday, February 4, 2010 at 8 a.m.

WASHINGTON — The Transportation Department opened an investigation Thursday into brake problems in the 2010 Prius, the latest in a series of safety troubles at Toyota that have confused drivers and strained the Japanese automaker's relationship with U.S. regulators.

Toyota earlier Thursday acknowledged design problems with the brakes in its prized gas-electric hybrid, but said it was still deciding how to inform customers and whether a recall is needed.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the Transportation Department's safety agency, said it has received 124 reports from consumers about the Prius brakes, including four reports of crashes. The investigation will look into allegations of momentary loss of braking capability while traveling over uneven road surfaces, potholes or bumps.

The U.S. investigation, while preliminary, represents another setback for Toyota, which has been battered with two major recalls in the United States covering millions of vehicles. Those involve gas pedals that can get trapped under floor mats or become stuck on their own and fail to return to the idle position. The safety probes have challenged Toyota's long-standing reputation for building safe, quality vehicles.

The Prius is not part of the gas pedal recalls.

NHTSA said investigators have talked to consumers and conducted pre-investigatory field work. The preliminary evaluation involves about 37,000 vehicles in the United States.

"Safety is our top priority," said Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood. NHTSA said LaHood spoke with Toyota president Akio Toyoda late Wednesday and was assured by the executive that Toyota was taking the safety concerns seriously.

Toyota said in a statement it would fully cooperate with NHTSA's investigation.

The U.S. investigation came after the Japanese government ordered Toyota to investigate brake problems in the Prius, the world's best-selling hybrid. Toyota said it had already corrected problems with the antilock brake system in Prius models sold since late last month, including those shipped overseas.

The new version of the gas-electric Prius hybrid went on sale in the U.S. and Japan in May 2009.

Paul Nolasco, a company spokesman in Japan, said the time lag for brakes kicking in felt by drivers stem from the two systems in a gas-electric hybrid - the gas-engine and the electric motor.

When the car moves on a bumpy or slippery surface, a driver can feel a pause in the braking when the vehicle switches between the traditional hydraulic brakes and the electronically operated braking system, he said. The brakes work if the driver keeps pushing the pedal, he said.

NHTSA said it opens 100 investigations every year and there are currently 40 open defect investigations, three of which involve Toyota. NHTSA said its defect and compliance investigations have resulted in 524 recalls involving 23.5 million vehicles during the past three years.

---

AP Business Writer Yuri Kageyama in Tokyo contributed to this report.

Prius drivers are sacrificing their lives for planet earth.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Muhfukka

its all about that american muscle haha. i drive a pontiac

Poor
Old
Nigger
Thinks
It's
A
Cadillac

acgrundy

lol, don't listen to kain on stock advice.  Do some real homework.  There will soon be a stock market crash - maybe the biggest in history.  I would buy TM when it drops below $50/share