Poll

would you have liked to see that the Dr.Dre instrumental was used for a different type of song than In Da Club?

yeah i prefer a hardcore type of song for that beat
6 (16.7%)
no, 50 cent's version is perfect for that beat
30 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Poll: did you want the Dr.Dre instrumental to be used for a different song .....  (Read 1297 times)

Okka

The D-12 version was GARBAGE, wasn't the beat supposed to be for them?

Care to up it?

Yeah, i'll have to find it first. I'll look through my burned mix CD's.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
^^^^^^that's what this topic is about, opinions ;) :laugh:

haha i know. But let's face it, around here, when you state your real opinion, people are gonna bash you like Kanye west after an award ceremony, and you're karma gon be droppin like Hayden Panettiere's panties the moment she steps into my room...

that's why whenever i say something against the grain, I make it a point to remind people that discussion boards are for stating opinions  :P
oh well fuck them 8)

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
Well, this beat fits 50's cadence.

Yes, that same cadence that he has not deviated from to this day.

With that being said.... Xzibit would have absolutely murdered this.

50 did great with it though. 50's rapping on GRODT was just great, for the most part. Then came the rest of his career....

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
I kinda feel the same way about the beat Dre did for Mary J Blige on "Family Affair".  Obviously with her the song takes on an R&B vibe, but listen to the instrumental and it really just becomes a beat that didn't make the final cut on Chronic 2001.  You can say any one of the 2001 camp could spit a good 16 bars over it....Xzibit, Hittman, Eminem, Snoop, Kurupt...but the beat still doesn't sound hardcore or gangsta, still would've been a club/radio single without MJB.  What I really would've liked to see is the Family Affair beat given to Nate Dogg.  I think it could've been a big hit for Nate, with a guest verse from Dre or Snoop.  We can only imagine....

fabtoxicp

d12 were originaly meant to rap on the beat, but they passed on it. but they did lace the beat, after "in da club" blew up. just a mixtape joint tho.. not an original version
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 12:18:41 PM by fabtoxicp »

Matty

the instrumental was also meant to be less developed on the OG D12 version.

to be fair, i think if there is one track you can give it up to 50 on, this is it. he makes the beat into an ideal club single, a seminal gangsta-pop crossover vibe that will go down in music history. i doubt many others rappers could have pulled this off, especially with the hook.

vote for 50 version.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
this is one of the biggest, most major singles in Hip Hop history; it's got a club feel to it; who could of done the beat more justice?

Hittman2001

I thought Rakim is the one who passed on this beat, if i remember correctly.  I remember a Mike Elizondo interview where he explains that an artist they were working on passed on the beat just before 50 took it.  The only artist at that time was Rakim.  D12 just used the beat on a mixtape after the fact?

gio™fugahoo

I kinda feel the same way about the beat Dre did for Mary J Blige on "Family Affair".  Obviously with her the song takes on an R&B vibe, but listen to the instrumental and it really just becomes a beat that didn't make the final cut on Chronic 2001.  You can say any one of the 2001 camp could spit a good 16 bars over it....Xzibit, Hittman, Eminem, Snoop, Kurupt...but the beat still doesn't sound hardcore or gangsta, still would've been a club/radio single without MJB.  What I really would've liked to see is the Family Affair beat given to Nate Dogg.  I think it could've been a big hit for Nate, with a guest verse from Dre or Snoop.  We can only imagine....

wasen´t there a dre produced nate dogg song a few years ago
i think it was a bad quality radio rip if i remember right
who remember the name of the song or got the song?????

Matty

I kinda feel the same way about the beat Dre did for Mary J Blige on "Family Affair".  Obviously with her the song takes on an R&B vibe, but listen to the instrumental and it really just becomes a beat that didn't make the final cut on Chronic 2001.  You can say any one of the 2001 camp could spit a good 16 bars over it....Xzibit, Hittman, Eminem, Snoop, Kurupt...but the beat still doesn't sound hardcore or gangsta, still would've been a club/radio single without MJB.  What I really would've liked to see is the Family Affair beat given to Nate Dogg.  I think it could've been a big hit for Nate, with a guest verse from Dre or Snoop.  We can only imagine....

wasen´t there a dre produced nate dogg song a few years ago
i think it was a bad quality radio rip if i remember right
who remember the name of the song or got the song?????

yup it was called 'leave it alone' or something....octo hinted he might be able to hook it up. nothing yet though.

its listed in the C.V. http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=30148.0

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Nate Dogg - Leave It Alone Produced By Dr. Dre

http://www.zshare.net/audio/72157408fb62b1ce/

back to topic... i put over a hundred acapellas over that beat and of course i got an xzibit and d12 version.. but yo i cant tell you but as i took that specific acapella on it, my heart just stopped lol...
 i hope i can let you hear it soon... will bless yall with a full remix in the next couple of weeks tho.. not that in da club one tho

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Rakim passed on Heat and Back Down, not In Da Club, if I remember correctly.

gio™fugahoo

Nate Dogg - Leave It Alone Produced By Dr. Dre

http://www.zshare.net/audio/72157408fb62b1ce/

back to topic... i put over a hundred acapellas over that beat and of course i got an xzibit and d12 version.. but yo i cant tell you but as i took that specific acapella on it, my heart just stopped lol...
 i hope i can let you hear it soon... will bless yall with a full remix in the next couple of weeks tho.. not that in da club one tho

thanxx damn we need 2 get our hands on this in good quality

Lunatic

Nah this is 50s beat,nobody elses.This is one of the most prolific singles in the history of rap music.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
hehe, what a coincidence ;)
nice to see that you used your imagination :laugh:

this is one of the biggest, most major singles in Hip Hop history; it's got a club feel to it; who could of done the beat more justice?
do you really think so, or is it because you're used to hearing the 50 cent version?

i mean, if the beat was used for a different song and/or for a different rapper, we would be used to that version :laugh:
50 cent did his thing though, like Matty said.