Author Topic: [New] Alchemist Interview (Eminem, Relapse 2, Em working with Khalil)  (Read 354 times)

nuerastudios06

• Muthafuckin' OG
Off the heels of his Grammy performance of “Forever” with Eminem, Lil Wayne, Drake and Travis Barker, XXLMag.com had the chance to chop it up with The Alchemist about Em’s highly anticipated new disc, Relapse 2.

While the disc does not have a release date as of press time, ALC says Em is hard at work in the studio with DJ Khalil. The West Coast beatsmith has had a big year, producing standout joints for Drake (“Fear”), Clipse (“Kinda Like a Big Deal”) and Slaughterhouse (“Cuckoo”).

“Khalil—who I think is like the best producer right now to me—he had been sending records to Em for a while that wasn’t like, they weren’t like clicking in,” Alchemist told XXL. “Em knew he was dope but they haven’t found the right one. And I think they found a couple joints now… the joints they have are crazy. I can’t say 100 percent [that he made the album], but I have heard at least two joints Khalil did and they’re fuckin’ stupid.”

Al, who serves as the Detroit lyricist’s tour DJ, revealed that he has yet to score a beat on Em’s project. “I’m starting to be around Em and the camp more,” he said, “especially finishing these albums. Factor in Em’s sober now, it’s like that’s my man, we chop it up a lot more now…it’s like little by little I’m figuring out what I have to do to create a sound that would be Alchemist/Eminem. I didn’t get it yet.”

One person that Em has been working a lot with is Just Blaze. Al gave XXL insight into their chemistry: “He clicked with Em,” he said. “It was really amazing, too. They really vibed and made some music, beyond like Just just sending him beats, it was nothing like that…I think it’s a perfect meshing of the two…If you could imagine what they could bring to the table at this point, it’s pretty close and maybe a little more.”

In fact, in ALC’s opinion, the whole album is a level above the first Relapse. “He’s doing things lyrically on this album that he hasn’t done before,” he shared. “The punchline game is really back.”

Stay tuned to XXLMag.com as more details become revealed on Relapse 2. —Jesse Gissen

Source: http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=69722

Paul

Re: [New] Alchemist Interview (Eminem, Relapse 2, Em working with Khalil)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 01:08:17 PM »
Em over a Khalil beat  :o
funkyfreshintheflesh

nuerastudios06

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 01:10:37 PM »
Em over a Khalil beat  :o

Old school Em over a Khalil beat  8)!

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 01:13:58 PM »
If Em uses Drop The World and Forever voice over Dr. Dre x Just Blaze x DJ Khalil x Alchemist beats.... could be incredible.

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 01:14:46 PM »
Good to know that his "punchline game is back"  8)

^^more importantly Drop the World / Forever voice & the flow that will be classic shyt.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 01:16:52 PM »
If Em uses Drop The World and Forever voice over Dr. Dre x Just Blaze x DJ Khalil x Alchemist beats.... could be incredible.

amen. resno.  ;D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

jeanmiche777

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 01:20:38 PM »
Wow production will be top notch!! I hope Em will drop his annoying accent

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 01:27:09 PM »
Wow production will be top notch!! I hope Em will drop his annoying accent

Like meho said, eminem just needs to be like he was on Forever and Drop the World (even better), without the annoying voice with this production and eminems combination of lyrics and flow we might get a modern classic.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Okka

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 01:29:11 PM »
I hope those Khalil beats will make it.

nuerastudios06

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 01:43:15 PM »
Im thinking Game drops first, then Em, then hopefully Detox.

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 01:55:15 PM »

I dont mean to hate nuera but....your comment was in no way relevent to this topic..
what's the point of talking about R.E.D or Detox in here ? lol. Game and Dre seem to creep into every single topic lol. No hate

As for this nice little piece of info, I hope Em sticks to the flow he has used in the last two tracks he has released. That would be dope... that with some production from Khalil, Dre and Just blaze would be crazy. Back on his bullshit..

I'm quite intrigued by the idea of hearing Em over Just Blaze beats.... and Khalil too !! ;D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 01:57:58 PM by The.Ultimate.Pianist »

nuerastudios06

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 01:59:10 PM »

I dont mean to hate nuera but....your comment was in no way relevent to this topic..
what's the point of talking about R.E.D or Detox in here ? lol. Game and Dre seem to creep into every single topic lol. No hate

As for this nice little piece of info, I hope Em sticks to the flow he has used in the last two tracks he has released. That would be dope... that with some production from Khalil, Dre and Just blaze would be crazy. Back on his bullshit..

I'm quite intrigued by the idea of hearing Em over Just Blaze beats.... and Khalil too !! ;D

2010 "Aftermath" releases homie. Detox seems to be really taking a shape. Plus after Relapse 2 Dre will run out of excuses for releasing Detox.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 04:03:22 AM by nuerastudios06 »

TRG

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 03:10:28 PM »
working with Khalil? Awesome 8)