Author Topic: Snoop Doggy Dogg / Lil C-Style - Gangsta (When You Grow Up)  (Read 1699 times)

D Breezy

Re: Snoop Doggy Dogg / Lil C-Style - Gangsta (When You Grow Up)
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 07:34:34 PM »
no no, it was recorded during snoops last stint on NL - snoop got back wit c-style in long beach, before he started the eastsidaz project wit gold & tray in 00 - and did two songs wit c-style in 99. this was ripped off the radio, 92.3..
there's nothin deathrow about this one.. 110percent sure
the other song they did was "Death Row Is Bitches". they knocked out both of em in the same session

according 2 people that were around dr at the time, ur wrong homie. believe what u want but this is not 99. this is 96 era. even listen 2 the beat, the beat is a straight sample. snoop didnt have a lotta songs with straight samples in them around his 98-00 years.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 07:41:38 PM by CaughtUp »
Southern Cali Producer D Breezy

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqxEePe3NSCrYlYZrXzm0Pg
IG - @d_breezysounds
iTunes - https://music.apple.com/us/album/what-it-means/1591041892
Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/album/7cmg61kWV0NUZ3IqcuczoC

What It Means out now!! feat. Tash, Kokane, T.Kidd, Propain, Joel Q, Bo Roc, LBC Crew, and more

acgrundy

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 08:49:15 PM »
yeah this was not recorded while snoop was at no limit, especially not post 1998.

If you recall the song "Easy to be a soldier", Lil style's lyrics:

I shoulda ran up in ya bitch when I had the chance, but pussy ain't nuthin but a hole to me
so fuck snoop dog and master P

lil style was beefing w/ snoop in 98 through 2000.

fabtoxicp

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 09:09:30 PM »
nah yall got it wrong.
that is Snoop Dogg right there, not Snoop Doggy Dogg
 i member years and years ago dat snoopy said on his old radioshow dat he "knocked out two songs recently wit lil c-style"..

"gangsta" was premeired on the radio (think it was 92.3) - and "Death Row Is Biches" (feat Lil C-Style) leaked like a week or month later.. this was in late 99 or early 00

what would snoop look like dissin Death Row in 1996? for christ sake.. lol

snoop had a short reunion wit Lil Style in Long Beach before he got to work on Tha Eastsidaz project for TVT Records

and as far as the music goes - Snoop was occasionaly rappin on "simple" beats back in 98-99 lol there's nothin specific dat makes these 2 songs stand out as "Death Row-songs".. the only thing dat gives it the "old-feeling" is the fact dat it is a radio-rip, which lowers the quality

and the original Eastsidaz-project was never official as far as an album. they did like 2 or 3 songs. Snoop had 2 projects comin out on the original imprint of DoggyStyle Records - the LBC Crew-project and the "Haven't You Heard?"-compilation. no Eastsidaz-record, and he certainly wasn't gettin no distribution through Tommy Boy. Death Row would've distributed his first releases from his label.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 09:46:57 PM by fabtoxicp »

acgrundy

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 09:50:58 PM »
you may have first heard the songs in 99, but that doesn't mean they were recorded then.  99 was when they were beefing.  No Limit Top Dogg came out in 99.  The OG version of Gangsta Ride is a diss song towards lil style and swoop g.  Plus on swoop g's album World don't take me personally, which came out in late 98, there were several songs w/ him and lil style dissing snoop.

So you are telling me that snoop and lil style were beefing from in 98 and 99, and then shortly reunited, and then lil c style was beefing w/ him again by the time Too Gangsta for the radio came out?  I seriously doubt that.

Also, aint' no way that suge would allow lil c style to remain a DR inmate while going over and recording music w/ snoop.  no way.  This song was recorded either late 96 or in 97, along w/ Deathrow is Bitches.

fabtoxicp

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 10:48:49 PM »
songs in 99, but that doesn't mean they were recorded then
snoop ran into Lil Style when he came back to Long Beach, and they got back toether briefly. they did 2 sogs - snoopy premiered one of them on his old show like "nu shit wit lil style". Lol i memeber it myself - i used to listen to his show "Dogghouse Radio". why would i be lyin? lol
the other one leaked on to westcoast2k.net i think

late 96 or in 97, along w/ Deathrow is Bitches
so snoop would've recorded a song dissin Death Row when he was on the label? ur on crack, sonny

bottomline, dat's Snoop Dogg, not Doggy Dog - i kno this for a fact.
even the fact dat "Death Row Is Bitches" came out/was recorded during dat same time makes it evident enuff.

yall just trippin cuz it sounds "old", and because u didnt kno dat they DID hook back up for a quck minute.
there's plenty of old snoop-songs dat gets mistaken for bein Death Row-songs all the time. "G U lookin for", "heard it through the eastside", "story to tell", "getch girl dogg", "do u remember?" etc etc - allota dat shit were premierd on his old radiohow, and alot of his ealy NL-material was produced by Meech Wells, LT Hutton, Soopafly (two of em produced the majortiy of snoops DR-material).

Plus on swoop g's album World don't take me personally, which came out in late 98, there were several songs w/ him and lil style dissing snoop.
several? u mean 1 song.
and "world dont.." was basicaly a re-issue of "undisputed" - an album dat was recored in 96/released in 97

plus snoop gave lil style the boot off Tha Pound in either late 95 or early 96 (beacuse of the LBC Crew-incdent) - so "gangsta" couldn't possibly been recorded in 97.

im pretty sure dat the last song snoop did wit lil style before their short run-in in 99 was "Baller Dogg" in late 95 or "doggystyle 96" in early 96..
"Feels So Good" was just an old track (rec in 95) dat they added a new Crooked I-verse to, for the "ride ost"..
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 08:02:16 AM by fabtoxicp »

fabtoxicp

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 11:54:32 PM »
Death Row Is Bitches

Gangsta

both got dat old DR-sound, but both were recorded most likely in end of 98/early 99 (released and leaked in late 99), during Snoops and lil styles short reunion in Long Beach right before the TVT Records-thing popped off wit Tha Eastsidaz
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 12:07:10 AM by fabtoxicp »

doja

• 'G'
  • atomic dog
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2010, 02:29:25 AM »
good shit anyone got a mp3 of this?  8)

Will_B

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2010, 07:02:37 AM »
"Feels So Good" was just an old track (rec in 95) dat they added a new Crooked I-verse to, for the "ride ost"..

Yeah Fucc Crook ;D

Doesn't Snoop say 'I'm independent at the minute' on the track though? I.e. after he left Tha Row?

Okka

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2010, 07:40:28 AM »
Snoop had 2 projects comin out on the original imprint of DoggyStyle Records - the LBC Crew-project and the "Haven't You Heard?"-compilation.

Nah, that was the name of the LBC Crew album.

fabtoxicp

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2010, 07:57:25 AM »
ppl get dat twisted all the time  
- the LBc crew-project and "havent u heard"-compilation were 2 different projects. ppl tend to think it's the same album, cuz some bootleger compiled the leaked lbccrew-trax into a fanmade compilation dat he called "haven't u heard".  ;)

when snoop was on theo's show wit daz, kurupt, badazz & technice back in 96, he told him bout his first project for DogySyle records, the "haven't u heard" compilation - which was to serve like a compilaton dat showcased early signings for his label - charlie wilson, kevin varnardo, lbc crew, etc etc
kinda jus like "doggouse all-stars vol1" dat came out a few years later

there were 2 albums on DoggySyle Records - LBC crew-project and "havent u heard?".. an ep called "the doggumentary" was also gettin released

Okka

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2010, 08:50:26 AM »
- the LBc crew-project and "havent u heard"-compilation were 2 different projects. ppl tend to think it's the same album, cuz some bootleger compiled the leaked lbccrew-trax into a fanmade compilation dat he called "haven't u heard".  ;)

No, Bad Azz said that was the name of the album.

fabtoxicp

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2010, 10:14:43 AM »
no, bad azz didnt say dat - u confused the album titles, like everyone else did.
"havent u heard" was posed to b a compilation released through DoggyStyle Record/distrib. by Death Row to jump off snoops new label- different album.

my source is an interview snoop did wit theo for 92.3

google the keywords u might find it.. found it 2 years ago, might still b out there *filestube, wink*
_92.3_The_Beat_Full_Interview_With_Snoop_Dogg_And_The_Doggpound_Summer_1995_WITH_Commercials
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 10:17:10 AM by fabtoxicp »

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2010, 10:14:55 AM »

No, Bad Azz said that was the name of the album.

You're correct, Okka.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2010, 10:15:43 AM »
no, bad azz didnt say dat - u confused the album titles, like everyone else did.
"havent u heard" was a compilation - different album

my source is an interview snoop did wiot theo for 92.3

google the keywords u might find it.. found it 2 years ago, might still b out there *filestube, wink*
_92.3_The_Beat_Full_Interview_With_Snoop_Dogg_And_The_Doggpound_Summer_1995_WITH_Commercials

Haven't U Heard was the LBC Crew album. The Doggystyle Records compilation featured tracks from The LBC Crew, but wasn't entitled that.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2010, 10:18:32 AM »
DAT     Doggy Style Records New Master Compilation Album 8/17/95           Intro To Endo, Dippin In My Low Low, Out The Moon, Get Up 2 Get Down, Feels Good 2BDPG, Beware Of My Crew, Baby Come Home, Dogfather's Deciple, Flossin, Jacca's Reunion, Gangsta, I'll Smoke 2 That, Funk With Your Brain, Blue Berry

DAT     Doggy Style Recall L.B.C. Crew 12/30/95 safety copy           Dat's Gangsta, Life's Hard, One Life 2 Live, Flossin, Life's Hard, Fad Out/In of Above, One Life 2 Live, I'll Smoke To That, I'll Smoke To That, Wit Rocks, Nina Ross, Feel This (extended edit), Dippin in my Low Low, 1 Life To Live, Bedroom, Baby Come Home