Author Topic: RUMOR! Eminem wants Shady Records off of Interscope as 50 Cent plans to Depart  (Read 948 times)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
50 Cent Planning To Walk Out On Interscope. Could Shady Records Leave Interscope and become independent?

The following are rumors based on insider information from very reliable sources.

A while ago, I wrote about how I had insider information that Interscope interfered with "Relapse 2" and they told Eminem to scrap the album and recreated "Relapse 2" from scratch. The insider sources said that Interscope wanted Eminem to make a more mainstream album that was completely different from his “horror themed” material. Producer and longtime friend of Eminem, Denaun Porter, denounced the rumor and said Interscope would never interfere with Eminem’s work. But Denaun Porter is a puppet who isn’t going to risk losing his job talking down to the higher up executives at Interscope, so of course he’s going to defend them. Also, when you hear that Eminem is being pushed around by Interscope, Eminem ends up looking bad. So of course Denaun Porter will downplay it. If you actually took the time to look into Interscope’s history, you would see how full of crap they really are. Ask 50 Cent if they ever tried to make him scrap his album. Ask Bishop Lamont if they ever pulled one of his records off the air because it was growing a buzz very quickly. Ask Obie Trice if they ever forced him to make songs he didn’t want to make.
Anyways heres what insider sources at interscope are saying.

- When Eminem finishes producing the final albums to complete his contract obligations, he plans to sign a new contract with Interscope as an artist/producer. Eminem, the artist, will continue being a Aftermath/Interscope artist. But he plans for his record label Shady Records to stray away from Interscope, become independent, and release albums without Interscope being involved. Eminem is not happy with Interscope shelving all of his Shady Records artists such as Stat Quo (also signed to Aftermath at the time), Bobby Creekwater, and making Obie Trice leave on him. Right now, Shady Records is a shell of itself which is why they were negotiating with Slaughterhouse to rebuild the Shady Records brand. The problem is, Eminem doesn’t want to have egg on his face again. The reason why Slaughterhouse is not signed to Shady yet is because Eminem is working on making Shady Records independent so then Interscope can’t tell Eminem which of his artists will release when. You have to remember that Crooked I, a member of Slaughterhouse, has had a bad taste in his mouth from Interscope before. Right now at Shady Records, you’ve got D12, 50 Cent (also signed to Aftermath) and no one else really that important signed. The shareholders at Interscope killed all of the momentum that Shady Records use to have and are reported to be doing the same with Aftermath intentionally (something we hear Dre and Bishop talked about before Bishop's departure).

- 50 Cent is getting ready to leave Interscope. “Before I Self Destruct” was 50’s final album obligation in Interscope’s contract and now he’s ready to split. Interscope is not really showing any signs of giving 50 Cent everything he wants in a new contract. 50 Cent feels he can get a better deal going somewhere else. By leaving Interscope, 50 Cent hopes he can rebuild the GUnit brand from the ground up. With Interscope, Gunit Records had a hell of a time trying to get Interscope to give a damn about any albums coming from 50’s artists. What’s going on? Why there was never a Olivia, Spider Loc, Young Hot Rod, 40 Glocc, Nyce, M.O.P. or G-Unit Philly albums released? Outside of Banks & Yayo (who both been released from Interscope) it seems no one is on the label. 50 Cent plans to leave and take Gunit records with him.

Looks like what Allhiphop.com reported back in August 2009 is coming true.

http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/rumors ... 83546.aspx

“I have an insider at Interscope Records who is pretty high up on the food chain. They have told me that 50 Cent is going to be leaving Interscope. This is nothing new. We all know that 50 Cent is on the last album in his deal and seeks to re-negotiate his situation and bring G-Unit with him. Here is what he said in a recent interview with AllHipHop.com.”

Musiccouch.com

« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 01:58:27 PM by Rebel »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
why would Eminem, Marshall Mathers, Slim SHADY want off his own label?

i don't buy it.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"

i don't buy it.

He doesn't want off his own label. Where did you read that? Interscope is a distributor; a financial backer and media promoter. His owned imprint is Shady Records, while he himself is signed to Aftermath as an artist.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 02:02:46 PM by Rebel »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

i don't buy it.

He doesn't want off his own label. Where did you read that? Interscope is a distributor; a financial backer and media promoter. His owned imprint is Shady Records, while he himself is signed to Aftermath as an artist.

my bad i read it fast & wrong.

i thought it said he wants off of Shady & Interscope; but i get it now. :P

hopefully that does happen.

ikke

i don't buy it.

Only if dre does the saem

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

i don't buy it.

Only if dre does the saem

Dre's not leaving the money, even though Eminem would sell without any label.

i don't see what Interscope is bitching about though, Relapse was majorly successful.

Invincible

Oh please be true. Then he should then go and sign everyone back again. I really wanted albums on Shady from Stat Quo and Bobby Creekwater. The long delayed D12 album might actually come out aswell.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Oh please be true. Then he should then go and sign everyone back again. I really wanted albums on Shady from Stat Quo and Bobby Creekwater. The long delayed D12 album might actually come out aswell.

i wonder about that D-12 album.

if Relapse 2 is his last album, you really think he'd want to go out on a group album he might have a few spots on?

if that D12 album comes out i think it grants us another Eminem album, which i'm fine with. 8)

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Eminem + Slaughterhouse + Stat Quo + Obie Trice ?

HELL YEAH !!!

imagine the creativity flowing between these label mates...

As for Mr. Jackson, he said it himself ... He's ''the big dick, you know, the one everybody's on''... So I guess he wants to ride is own dick. But i just cant see 50 anywhere else that with Shady/Aftermath.... and not that i dont think that he can bring the G.Unit empire back up, but he can't do it alone, nor with the help of banks even though he's been releasing some worthy material lately. Yayo is useless. If he wants to bring back the G.Unit empire to when it was in it's hay day he's gonna need to not only have Dre and Em working closely with him again, but he's gonna have to get the dudes he was close with when G.Unit came to the mainstream back with him. Young Buck and Game. That's the only way i see it happening. and its not gonna happen. Because even if 50 was to release a new set of artists, he's gonna have a tough time getting the buzz going, where as a reunion would would get the fans buzzing.

It's like Diddy and Badboy. After Biggie, Mase, 112 and L.O.X he has had succesfull artists but they were very short lived. Once the original formula is lost, it's very hard to bring the brand back up to it's pinnacle.

Y'all feel me ?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 03:36:11 PM by The.Ultimate.Pianist »

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
No, I don't.  50 will need new investments but he does not need Young Buck and Game.  Buck holds no real weight and never will.  Game is unlikely to ever reach the success that Em, 50, Jay, Lil Wayne, etc. has/had.  Though, with his current situation, R.E.D's is Game's chance to reclaim fame.   

In general G-Unit needs a fresh new face and a different sound.  It needs a breath of fresh air.  Hayes would be a great look for G-Unit; Bishop Lamont could have been a great look for G-Unit.  50 needs to be viewed as the president but not as the face.  For example, 50 needs someone that will be his Kanye.  Jay's clearly coat tailing Kanye West's success but Ye wouldn't be here without Jay.  If the Unit wants to be revitalised as a record label he'll need to find someone to help build the name.   

I also agree that 50 is insane if he thinks the 50 cent era was built off his own will.  Interscope/Aftermath/Shady/Unit built an empire with him.  Yes, 50 was key but without them he wouldn't have reached the heights of success he has seen.  50 will need either a new label to work with or plenty of investors to have the capital to handle marketing, promotions, publishing, etc.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Okka

Game and Young Buck back with 50 Cent would be HUGE though. Both of them said that they wanna sit down with 50 at one point, but 50 didn't respond so they both said just started dissin him and G-Unit again. I really wonder what 50 is thinkin' these days, about Game goin' back to Aftermath and Dre fuckin with Ashanti and shit like that. When was the last time that 50 Cent was interviewed anywhere, has nobody has asked him about these things?

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
He's making movies in michigan and recording music between takes the last i heard.
- Banks

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Game and Buck recording with 50 would be by far the biggest thing for G-Unit, it would create buzz music wise and you can build everything off that. That's what 50 has been forgetting lately, that good music is what got him those deals in the first place, without it you're as good as last years snow.

As far as this article, it sounds more like it was written by an unhappy Shady/Aftermath fan who doesn't agree with a couple artist getting dropped. But other than Stat Quo, I don't think anyone deserved that big machine behind them, they just didn't have the "it" factor that is necessary to become an artist with a 10+ year career, worldwide recognition, tours.... which is the goal for the artist and the major label.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
That "it" factor is so debatable.  Game clearly didn't have the it factor at the time nor did Buck but once honed it can be developed.  You just got to get put on properly.   I honestly believe Stat Quo, Bobby Creekwater, & Bishop Lamont could have all been superstars.  Hell Stat Quo SHOULD BE, at the very least, in the same position as Game right now but he never got that release date.   Joell Ortiz is another case.

Aftermath & Interscope fucked up by not releasing artists.  I'm convinced that's the worst thing you can do is not release a debut.  Imagine if Nas was on interscope and they didn't release Illmatic.  Some artists take time and investment, Bishop Lamont & Joell Ortiz, others just need to get that co-sign and a hot song, Stat Quo.
- Banks

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
No, I don't.  50 will need new investments but he does not need Young Buck and Game.  Buck holds no real weight and never will.  Game is unlikely to ever reach the success that Em, 50, Jay, Lil Wayne, etc. has/had.  Though, with his current situation, R.E.D's is Game's chance to reclaim fame.   

In general G-Unit needs a fresh new face and a different sound.  It needs a breath of fresh air.  Hayes would be a great look for G-Unit; Bishop Lamont could have been a great look for G-Unit.  50 needs to be viewed as the president but not as the face.  For example, 50 needs someone that will be his Kanye.  Jay's clearly coat tailing Kanye West's success but Ye wouldn't be here without Jay.  If the Unit wants to be revitalised as a record label he'll need to find someone to help build the name.   

I also agree that 50 is insane if he thinks the 50 cent era was built off his own will.  Interscope/Aftermath/Shady/Unit built an empire with him.  Yes, 50 was key but without them he wouldn't have reached the heights of success he has seen.  50 will need either a new label to work with or plenty of investors to have the capital to handle marketing, promotions, publishing, etc.

You are 100% right lol. i retract my statement homie. ;D