Author Topic: Freeway And Jake One - The Stimulus Package (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1371 times)

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
Re: Freeway And Jake One - The Stimulus Package (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 10:50:02 AM »
Dope dope dope!!

Gonna cop this one...And I think Freeway's dope, not annoying at all  8)

lucasfrenay

• 'G'
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 10:58:13 AM »
great album!  8)

sav

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2010, 10:44:52 PM »
God damn this is ridiculous, what a great album.

Portugoal

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2010, 11:21:52 PM »
Neven been a Fraaway fan, but he sounded real cool on Jake One's album. What I've heard from this project so far was promising, so I'll be checking for this! :)

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 05:53:23 AM »
I finally took time and listened to this record and Jake One kills it, this album is musically deep and well-produced.
I never been a fan of Freeway too but I liked his singles "What We Do" and "Flipside" from Roc-A-Fella/State Property era
well now I think he's average but he's aight on that record, some good phases here and there but nothing particular tho
Overall it's still pretty good and damn that cut with LaToiya Williams is amazing  :o
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 05:57:54 AM by George Brown »

salkku

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • ''I flip flop and serve hoes with a fat dick''
''Why does niggas want to act funny with the money'' - DAZ

''Now if it wasn't for the West,
these rap niggas wouldn't need a vest around they chest'' - Xzibit

''you must be one of our European posters...Egypt or Moscow'' - Chamillitary Click

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2010, 01:27:13 AM »
when i heard the snippets i knew this album had the potential to be in my top 5 at the end of the year.
jake took it to another level with the production, it stays consistent on the entire album. no fillers, maybe the birdman song which doesnt fit the album at all.
and freeway really stepped it up a few notches.
this is a great album, i love when these projects come out of nowhere and blow those highly anticipated records out the water.
i was gonna pick it up the day it drops, but when i saw the packaging video a few posts above, i had to order this immediately.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 01:30:48 AM by Lil Jay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Matty

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2010, 03:53:56 AM »
when i heard the snippets i knew this album had the potential to be in my top 5 at the end of the year.
jake took it to another level with the production, it stays consistent on the entire album. no fillers, maybe the birdman song which doesnt fit the album at all.
this is a great album, i love when these projects come out of nowhere and blow those highly anticipated records out the water.
i was gonna pick it up the day it drops, but when i saw the packaging video a few posts above, i had to order this immediately.

word. you get 1 producer and 1 rapper to bang an album out and the result is generally some of the best music out there.

also, to get something out in retail form fairly fast when so many rappers can't even drop a mixtape on time is straight. and to create some innovative packaging is really a great incentive to pick up a physical copy. mine was despatched yesterday 8)

hopefully it is supported and moves a few units. other rappers should take note of this project from both a creative and business standpoint.

ikke

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2010, 04:01:15 AM »
Dope ass album.

I was going to buy but I got a fine yesterday...
Fuckt he police...

Invincible

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2010, 04:01:31 AM »

word. you get 1 producer and 1 rapper to bang an album out and the result is generally some of the best music out there.

also, to get something out in retail form fairly fast when so many rappers can't even drop a mixtape on time is straight. and to create some innovative packaging is really a great incentive to pick up a physical copy. mine was despatched yesterday 8)

hopefully it is supported and moves a few units. other rappers should take note of this project from both a creative and business standpoint.

This was actually announced in February last year that this was coming. But seeing as I didn't have a clue it was coming, I wasn't patiently waiting and it seemed like it didn't take too long to make.

Matty

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2010, 04:16:17 AM »

This was actually announced in February last year that this was coming. But seeing as I didn't have a clue it was coming, I wasn't patiently waiting and it seemed like it didn't take too long to make.

didn't know that, but the fact it did seem to come out of nowhere is a real positive. they obviously didn't spend time hyping it up endlessly, just announced it and the next thing you know it is released.

i could go on a rant but to be short, the endless delays and hype surrounding a lot of projects these days ends up being completely self-defeating.

some of these smaller, more fan orientated lables like the one this is coming out on are really emerging as solid business models. they have a sound understanding of what drives the digital and physical side of sales, which these days, is actually fans, not the person of lowest common denominator. a quality product is a quality product. no need to spend silly amounts on promotion except for what is most effective and available for free anyway, the internet.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 08:52:31 AM by Matty »

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2010, 04:18:37 AM »
i was really disappointed with this album. im guessing everyone here who is saying how great it is didnt hear 'the beat made me do it' mixtape? that shit was dope, great beats and free killed it. this album was NOTHING like the mixtape, and i think that was the best mixtape of last year! i guess its a decent album if u werent hyped off the mixtape.

mixtapes are supposed to build hype for an album but its not very good if the mixtape is in a completely different (but great and unique) style to the album. if u didnt hear that tape go check it out now!

Matty

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2010, 04:25:15 AM »
i was really disappointed with this album. im guessing everyone here who is saying how great it is didnt hear 'the beat made me do it' mixtape? that shit was dope, great beats and free killed it. this album was NOTHING like the mixtape, and i think that was the best mixtape of last year! i guess its a decent album if u werent hyped off the mixtape.

mixtapes are supposed to build hype for an album but its not very good if the mixtape is in a completely different (but great and unique) style to the album. if u didnt hear that tape go check it out now!

damn i gotta bump that today, been sitting on my ever increasing 'to listen to' pile for a while. untagged didn't drop did it?

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2010, 04:38:25 AM »
I wanted to preorded ir from fifth element, but the shipping is twice as high as the CD alone! So Free won't get my money

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Matty

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2010, 04:52:51 AM »
where you living? i got it from hmv at a pretty reasonable price (£10.99)

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?sku=312620&WT.mc_id=101689