Author Topic: Dr Dre launches royalties lawsuit against WIDEawake Death Row  (Read 3392 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Dr Dre launches royalties lawsuit against WIDEawake Death Row
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2010, 06:12:41 AM »
^^^what's your problem

Muhfukka

« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2010, 03:51:55 PM »
yeah but to be fair, dre has been doing a good job of damaging his reputation all by himself

:sign_withstupid:

how could i be so stupid? of course dr dre is just as respected as he was 5 or 6 years ago, thanks for enlightening me mr european who gets all his rap info from  the internet

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2010, 05:29:33 PM »
Dre probably don't wanna see his legacy go the way of Pac's. Some shit isn't released for a reason and we know that Dre is a perfectionist. We all can agree that some of the those stored Pac songs that got released weren't all that great and even worse were some of those that were remixed or re-done (Loyal To the Game).
That doesn't necessarily apply in this case.  The reason why Pac's legacy (in terms of posthumous releases) dwindled was because the music aspect of his Estate was run by a bunch of idiots who had no understanding of marketing, much less the sense of hearing.  The beats were remixed, and original artists were often replaced, typically by the Outlawz (who get boring really easily while not having the same talent that they had in in '90s) or whichever non-Pac affiliated rappers they felt were good, though more often than not they ended up being B-list rappers.  While Death Row was toying with Dre's unreleased material by throwing other artists on there, they were coming out as different Death Row songs, as opposed to some butchered Dr. Dre song featuring whoever.  WIDEawake had been emphasizing the fact that they wanted to leave the music alone, so it's not like they were going to put out some Big Hutch Remix of whatever unreleased Dre joint featuring Realest and Petey Pablo or something ridiculous.

ikke

Okka

« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2010, 06:10:41 AM »
That foo probably regret's leaving Ruthless Records, fucken fag!

Is this supposed to be a joke?

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2010, 07:13:50 AM »
DRE is a PUSSY!

No, I'm sure he doesn't. I bet you do though, fuckin queer.

love33

« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2010, 06:40:38 PM »
Dre ain't no number 1 producer.  Nobody looks for him outside of the West, and the West has a handful of rappers who are known nationally.  Dre didn't release a single album last decade, nobody outside of the West Coast really even cares and a lot of fans don't even know who he is...Dre hid from an entire generation of fans.  The only ones who look are people on this forum, some people in the West, and that's it.  He could've produced Eastwood, Ya Boy, Crooked I, or someone in the last 12 years on the West's album.

He's bitter towards Death Row because they own that album and he was upset they used it to promote the re-launch of the label.  He only wants his name tied to the new "Detox" if it drops in 5 years.  People look for other producers, not saying I'm a fan of them, but Mannie Fresh, Pharrell, Timbaland, T-Pain, Akon, Scott Storch, and Swizz Beatz to name a few, all get phone calls long before Dre.  Not releasing any music is the lamest thing I've ever seen and then trying to block a release that made no money and was basically a few leftovers for the fans thrown on, is even lamer.  Dre hasn't released that the digital download age is in full effect and should be happy even if people are bootlegging it to have it played in anyone's stereo.

He should have been releasing a second album since "Dre 2001" instead it's all been lawsuits and bitterness that people are downloading now.  Again, nobody is checking for him and he's afraid his album will get bootlegged to shit and he lost a generation of fans.  If anything, he should be happy someone cares to play his music it's so old.

Okka

« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2010, 09:35:22 PM »
If anything, he should be happy someone cares to play his music it's so old.

That's some of the most stupid shit i've ever read on this forum.

Jaydc

« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2010, 10:11:28 PM »
Love 33,midwestryder and radiotube aka flaka stylez go down as the dumbest posters of all time on this forum

Blood$

« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2010, 10:17:52 PM »
DRE is a PUSSY!

rofl

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2010, 10:49:11 PM »
Dre probably don't wanna see his legacy go the way of Pac's. Some shit isn't released for a reason and we know that Dre is a perfectionist. We all can agree that some of the those stored Pac songs that got released weren't all that great and even worse were some of those that were remixed or re-done (Loyal To the Game).
you know what the difference is? even if those FEW tracks were put out, Dre is still around and can still control the future of his legacy..pac couldnt. But nah, it seems Dre doesnt wanna do that, he just wants to sit on music that wont ever see the light of day, and release a minimal amount that he finds presentable. Ill laugh the day all the current shit he has in the vault is leaked, and "fucks up his legacy"..

Jimmy H.

« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2010, 10:54:31 PM »

You should read some of his other posts. His idea to bring the West back was to have all the L.A. rappers migrate to Miami and make club music.

Blood$

« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2010, 09:49:31 AM »

You should read some of his other posts. His idea to bring the West back was to have all the L.A. rappers migrate to Miami and make club music.

HAHAHA!!!!

love33

« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2010, 01:48:11 PM »
I said Crooked I should consider Miami rather than trying to sell to his 300 people on this forum.  Jim Jones, Fabolous, Diddy, Cool & Dre, Scott Storch, Rick Ross, Flo Rida, Mannie Fresh, Lil Wayne, Juelz Santana, The Dream, Trick Daddy, 2 Pistolz, Ace Hood, Ryan Leslie, Trey Songz, T-Pain, LL Cool J, and a grip of others have residences there or frequent there regularly.  Why wouldn't he want to expand his networking opportunities or any other artist who has talent but is rotting in the West due to a lack of promotion, album releases, etc.3
Knoc'Turnal, Eastwood, Ya Boy, and Crook are the four west rappers who have mad talent and could network with all those artists.  Even Snoop's first single was a Miami-influenced beat "Gangsta Luv" with The Dream.  Who wouldn't want to get Diddy to work with them and LL and many of the others above to get their music in people's cars allover and the club scene in Miami is the best party scene in the country that's why all these cats live there now.

Those guys in Miami don't care about Dre, they respect him, but they aren't stopping their lives to wait for him.

ikke

« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2010, 03:17:19 PM »
I said Crooked I should consider Miami rather than trying to sell to his 300 people on this forum.  Jim Jones, Fabolous, Diddy, Cool & Dre, Scott Storch, Rick Ross, Flo Rida, Mannie Fresh, Lil Wayne, Juelz Santana, The Dream, Trick Daddy, 2 Pistolz, Ace Hood, Ryan Leslie, Trey Songz, T-Pain, LL Cool J, and a grip of others have residences there or frequent there regularly.  Why wouldn't he want to expand his networking opportunities or any other artist who has talent but is rotting in the West due to a lack of promotion, album releases, etc.3
Knoc'Turnal, Eastwood, Ya Boy, and Crook are the four west rappers who have mad talent and could network with all those artists.  Even Snoop's first single was a Miami-influenced beat "Gangsta Luv" with The Dream.  Who wouldn't want to get Diddy to work with them and LL and many of the others above to get their music in people's cars allover and the club scene in Miami is the best party scene in the country that's why all these cats live there now.

Those guys in Miami don't care about Dre, they respect him, but they aren't stopping their lives to wait for him.
EVERY and I mean EVERY rapper would kick jim jonsin in the face the minute dre offers his service