Author Topic: Dr Dre launches royalties lawsuit against WIDEawake Death Row  (Read 3385 times)

Muhfukka

Re: Dr Dre launches royalties lawsuit against WIDEawake Death Row
« Reply #120 on: March 03, 2010, 05:49:08 PM »
I wouldnt say obvious,Id say theres a good chance mannie fresh has him beat on both accounts though it could go either way.Cash money wasnt some small label,almost all their albums went multi platinum and mannie fresh produced every single song from them.Mannie has probably produced more songs in total then dre as well.
i would definitely say more songs but i dont know about hits

love33

« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2010, 02:40:57 PM »
sean puffy combs, jermaine dupri, swizz beatz, the neptunes, timbaland, mannie fresh ALL produced way more hits than Dr. Dre, yes

Exactly! There's too many hometown people on this board who don't look at music unbiased or neutral but instead "i'm cheerleading for the home team like basketball,"  Mannie Fresh has 15 years of hit records with multiple albums and Jermaine Dupri is still cashing checks for that Kris Kross money.  The South is way bigger and more popular now, the West ruled the 90's but a lot of people are cheerleading in this thread for Dre even though the facts are there he's been passed up.  And nobody down South really cares.

Dre is a classic producer but he wasnt even producing all the hits on Death Row.  Suge even said it was Daz, Johnny J, Blacqtobin, DJ Quik, Kurt Kobaine, Soopafly, J-Flexx, and many others.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2010, 09:43:39 PM »
damn but up against dre wit all the work hes done?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2010, 10:25:57 PM »
sean puffy combs, jermaine dupri, swizz beatz, the neptunes, timbaland, mannie fresh ALL produced way more hits than Dr. Dre, yes

Exactly! There's too many hometown people on this board who don't look at music unbiased or neutral but instead "i'm cheerleading for the home team like basketball,"  Mannie Fresh has 15 years of hit records with multiple albums and Jermaine Dupri is still cashing checks for that Kris Kross money.  The South is way bigger and more popular now, the West ruled the 90's but a lot of people are cheerleading in this thread for Dre even though the facts are there he's been passed up.  And nobody down South really cares.

Dre is a classic producer but he wasnt even producing all the hits on Death Row.  Suge even said it was Daz, Johnny J, Blacqtobin, DJ Quik, Kurt Kobaine, Soopafly, J-Flexx, and many others.
Suge also said there was a second Hit 'Em Up dissing Snoop and that Dre told him wanted to be white. He's hardly a reliable source when it comes to Dre. Quik, even when he was not cool with Dre, never ever mentioned him stealing his beats and Kurt Kobaine was not on the label at the same time. Johnny J? When? That's great that Mannie has nearly 15 years of hits. Dre's been doing it for over 25. It's not about hits to me. It's about consistency. What is the shelf life like on some of these hit records? I count one hit Kriss Kross record and they were pretty established as a flavor of the month music trend. You can look at the stars Dre introduced to the game and the majority of them are still relevant today. I mean, Snoop, Eminem, Ice Cube. They're all still out there. Dupri might have a Bow Wow or Da Brat but does anyone even still remember some of his more recent artists. Are we talking about J. Kwon or Bone Crusher like we do Game or 50? I'll give JD and Puffy credit for longevity but as it is, they both came out about 5 or so years after Dre and bit into his sound when it was the hot thing out. Bottom line. The man is still relevant. Maybe other producers are churning out more hits at this moment but the fact that the guy is still important with a career that spans four seperate decades is a testamant to why he is still loved.