Author Topic: So since Slap Back leaked  (Read 2716 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: So since Slap Back leaked
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2010, 06:39:53 AM »
real talk
and the part about the gangsta and the c.o.b.....thats his style so that part i dont mind but he doesnt spit the same as he did in tha row era.....and he made str8 classics back then...of course the producers he was workin wit back then were prolly the best hell ever work.....maybe
but who leaked this in the very first place...very first person?

I'd rather hear a Rawer Crooked I spitting in heavy freestyle mode (minus Say Hi To The Bad Guy) than his later commercial attempts with songs rattling 'C.O.B niggggga', 'Treacherousssss', 'Circle of Bosses' 'Demitrius', 'Horse Shoe', and naming himself in newer songs. I can't count how many times you hear "Crooked I/Crooked/Young Crooked" from himself on a verse. It's like listening to gay advertisements rather than real raw rap records

Don't get me wrong, he's still a hot MC, and hasn't lost his writing ability, but to me IMO he's just lost his colorful appeal he had at Tha Row, which originally led me to become a fan awaiting his album. A bunch of shelved albums, canceled release dates and a bunch of dull, cheaply produced beat mixtapes later, and his re-used "steretype gangsta" vocabulary being used in his newer material made me loose a lot of interest in him

There was a poll on this last year, and Untouchable came out on top. Now wouldn't be any different
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2010, 06:51:13 AM »
not bad ...beat is aight but nothing special
Did crooked I record any more G-funk party style solo songs (witghout ray j) on deathrow??

somebody needs to leak "cali luv 3"...maybe thats what im looking for

1. Intro
2. Bitch Ft. Too Short, Eastwood, Ray J, Virginya Slim
3. Hoodstar Ft. Tamara
4. So Damn Hood (OG Version)
5. Do It Again
6. Lil' Youngstaz Ft. Eastwood, Ray J, Spider (Loc)
7. Fuck 'Em Ft. Big Hutch
8. I'm So Crooked Ft. Gangsta Girl
9. Cali Luv 3
10. La La Ft. Eastwood
11. Live From The Row
12. House Party Ft. Eastwood, Ray J
13. Fuck Wit U Ft. Gail Gotti
14. Thug & His Wife
15. Suge's West Coast Ft. Eastwood, Kurupt
16. Haters
17. Me & My Dogg Ft. K-Ci, Eastwood, Ganxsta Ridd, Ray J
18. Slap Back (Bonus)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 07:20:24 AM by Inmate »

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2010, 06:54:47 AM »
from those songs....slap back is in the top 3 lyrically top 2 or even 1
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

JohnnyL

« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2010, 07:17:59 AM »
I can't get over how many people are crying over this leak, acting as if they are holy honest and law-abiding internet surfers. They'd be the first to download the latest 2Pac leaks in a second.

Effex should be the only one bothered about this. People are too overly concerned about his "friendship" with Snoop  ::) :-X

I personally couldn't give a shyt if they fell out tomorrow. (which they wont) Crooked made a name, fanbase, released songs, mixtapes, slaughterhouse etc. all without Snoop, and even being 'cool' with Snoop has done zilch for him. Where was Crook on Malice? Where is he on more malice? Crooked I doesn't need a Soulja Boy collaborating sell out, who's watered down into girly bubble gum pop like a Snoop Dogg to make his career take off

IF anything this can only be a thing good. It'll spark controversy through out the net and give Crooked a lot of exposure, and once Crook explains that it's a very very old diss back to when Snoop was dissing Death Row, they'll both be cool about it, and it may drive towards them being pushed to do a collaboration to prove their sincerity, and to die down the negative flames of the diss, because Snoop is not innocent in this either, but both are grown men
2pacs not around t osay "hey guys don't leak these songs"

crook is

But it's well documented that 2Pac was against bootlegs. Even early on, the video of him going off on one because some Asian guy with a stall had a bootleg 2Pac tape, and he erupted demanding he take all his tapes off the stall before he trash it.

The point is, forum members will gladly download the latest 2Pac leaks despite his opposed attitude towards it, but whine about Crooked I leaks? Why? The Death Row tracks, and leaks are what built his fan base in the first place. He shouldn't be too critical on the whole idea of his earlier work hitting the public ear. Ask any Crooked I fan what they would prefer to hear. BOSS or the untouchable album, and the majority would say the Untouchable album, or Death Row equivalent

I'd rather hear BOSS than Untouchable

Why he hasn't just leaked "B.O.S.S." is beyond me.  I can't really fault him for "Untouchable" not dropping.  That was pretty much due to Suge's weirdness.  But Crooked said he was going to release "B.O.S.S." for free, months and months ago.  Since he plans to start over for "Million Dollar Story," I don't know why he doesn't just do that.  People have been wanting to hear "B.O.S.S." for years now.  I hope he eventually follows through on what he said.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2010, 08:19:32 AM »
Lyrically this is pretty nice, but beat wise its a little boring and repetative.

I can seriously understand why effex would be pissed off with it been tagged as boss board.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

EFFeX

« Reply #125 on: February 14, 2010, 08:48:36 AM »
I can't get over how many people are crying over this leak, acting as if they are holy honest and law-abiding internet surfers. They'd be the first to download the latest 2Pac leaks in a second.

Effex should be the only one bothered about this. People are too overly concerned about his "friendship" with Snoop  ::) :-X

I personally couldn't give a shyt if they fell out tomorrow. (which they wont) Crooked made a name, fanbase, released songs, mixtapes, slaughterhouse etc. all without Snoop, and even being 'cool' with Snoop has done zilch for him. Where was Crook on Malice? Where is he on more malice? Crooked I doesn't need a Soulja Boy collaborating sell out, who's watered down into girly bubble gum pop like a Snoop Dogg to make his career take off

IF anything this can only be a thing good. It'll spark controversy through out the net and give Crooked a lot of exposure, and once Crook explains that it's a very very old diss back to when Snoop was dissing Death Row, they'll both be cool about it, and it may drive towards them being pushed to do a collaboration to prove their sincerity, and to die down the negative flames of the diss, because Snoop is not innocent in this either, but both are grown men
2pacs not around t osay "hey guys don't leak these songs"

crook is

But it's well documented that 2Pac was against bootlegs. Even early on, the video of him going off on one because some Asian guy with a stall had a bootleg 2Pac tape, and he erupted demanding he take all his tapes off the stall before he trash it.

The point is, forum members will gladly download the latest 2Pac leaks despite his opposed attitude towards it, but whine about Crooked I leaks? Why? The Death Row tracks, and leaks are what built his fan base in the first place. He shouldn't be too critical on the whole idea of his earlier work hitting the public ear. Ask any Crooked I fan what they would prefer to hear. BOSS or the untouchable album, and the majority would say the Untouchable album, or Death Row equivalent

I'd rather hear BOSS than Untouchable

Why he hasn't just leaked "B.O.S.S." is beyond me.  I can't really fault him for "Untouchable" not dropping.  That was pretty much due to Suge's weirdness.  But Crooked said he was going to release "B.O.S.S." for free, months and months ago.  Since he plans to start over for "Million Dollar Story," I don't know why he doesn't just do that.  People have been wanting to hear "B.O.S.S." for years now.  I hope he eventually follows through on what he said.

"Million Dollar Story" is nearly complete believe it or not, he's been in the studio A LOT working hard on it.

As far as "B.O.S.S." goes, I really haven't bothered to ask about it in a long time. The reason being because I'm in the mindstate that when stuff is ready to drop, it's ready to drop. Crooked gives us plenty of hot music for free anyway. However, for what it's worth, a member on our site met Crooked when he was overseas in Europe last month and said that Crooked told him the B.O.S.S. leaks will not come until after "Million Dollar Story".

I can understand two points of view on this subject. Firstly, you could argue that it would be better to leak the material each week leading up to the album release to build buzz. On the other hand, you could argue that since some of the songs are so old, it might be better to hit people with strictly brand new material. Like I said, both points of views make sense, I don't know if there is a right answer.

I'm going to stay patient though. It's not a biggy for me personally.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #126 on: February 14, 2010, 09:49:37 AM »
I'd rather hear a Rawer Crooked I spitting in heavy freestyle mode (minus Say Hi To The Bad Guy) than his later commercial attempts with songs rattling 'C.O.B niggggga', 'Treacherousssss', 'Circle of Bosses' 'Demitrius', 'Horse Shoe', and naming himself in newer songs. I can't count how many times you hear "Crooked I/Crooked/Young Crooked" from himself on a verse. It's like listening to gay advertisements rather than real raw rap records

Don't get me wrong, he's still a hot MC, and hasn't lost his writing ability, but to me IMO he's just lost his colorful appeal he had at Tha Row, which originally led me to become a fan awaiting his album. A bunch of shelved albums, canceled release dates and a bunch of dull, cheaply produced beat mixtapes later, and his re-used "steretype gangsta" vocabulary being used in his newer material made me loose a lot of interest in him

There was a poll on this last year, and Untouchable came out on top. Now wouldn't be any different

i'd rather hear shit like "If you ever hear me" and "W's Down" and "can i talk to you?"
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

papa-smurf

« Reply #127 on: February 14, 2010, 11:19:52 AM »
the track was dope in my opion,better then alot of disses.most def better then the disses snoop put against crooked

V2DHeart

« Reply #128 on: February 14, 2010, 12:39:44 PM »

i'd rather hear shit like "If you ever hear me" and "W's Down" and "can i talk to you?"

Those tracks are all hot. I agree he still spits fire, but I guess it's the related mixtape and filler tracks he's put out in recent times, which has diluted my enthusiasm in him. I wish it wasn't that way though, because he carried out that HHW perfectly, and does dope tracks like the ones you've mentioned. Besides Untouchable though, the unreleased Big C Style album would be another luxury for the fans, an almost unblemished raw talent before character and business development came into play probably during the time of the Say Hi To The Bad Guy recording sessions because from there on out, he became more commercial sounding. I hope Million Dollar Story exceeds my expectations though
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Al Bundy

« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2010, 05:08:07 PM »
id put money on it that your wrong...people want new crooked muzik cuz its better than gucci, wacka, jim etc...but the death row era crooked....untouchable for real and thats what most want

that's not fact, it's opinion.

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2010, 07:28:27 PM »

Jaydc

« Reply #131 on: February 14, 2010, 07:34:51 PM »
Id rather hear the albums he did on 19th street records with big c style then the deathrow stuff.Thats when he was just raw skill.Songs like uh oh and niggaz got game get heavy play from me.

I only hope one day we get to hear all the albums hes recorded over the years.

I think hes a lot more polished as an artist and well rounded now then he was back then.

JohnnyL

« Reply #132 on: February 15, 2010, 08:29:09 AM »
Id rather hear the albums he did on 19th street records with big c style then the deathrow stuff.Thats when he was just raw skill.Songs like uh oh and niggaz got game get heavy play from me.

I only hope one day we get to hear all the albums hes recorded over the years.

I think hes a lot more polished as an artist and well rounded now then he was back then.

That's a great point.  I tend to overlook those, because they're not mentioned very frequently.  But Crooked's flow was so raw on the tracks from that era.  I would love to hear more.  Being that Big C-Style recently posted up those interviews and that greatest hits mixtape, I'm still hopeful that a 19th Street Crooked I album might be forthcoming.

xover

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2010, 01:05:39 PM »
dont see a problem with it leaking.... like most people who were fans when this was made i wanted to hear it..... after hearing it, it ok, not as good as i thought it would be...  the beat it pretty poor..

V2DHeart

« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2010, 02:51:09 PM »
Crooked is an MC, and a battling MC does not want some musical masterpiece to spit a diss over. Just a gritty beat/loop that allows them to flow well. People were all wanting to hear what Crooked said on Slap Back, and were eager to find out how hard it went. Now it's out, I've mostly seen people bash on the beat  ???

Big C Style Records album
Dogg Pound Records/Death Row (Untouchable 1)
Untouchable (Version 2)
Say Hi To The Bad Guy
Say Hi To The Bad Guy (Version 2)
Mamas Boy Got a Loaded Gun
B.O.S.S

Which one would you pick if he was going to release an unreleased album?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>