Author Topic: So since Slap Back leaked  (Read 2714 times)

EFFeX

Re: So since Slap Back leaked
« Reply #135 on: February 15, 2010, 03:01:56 PM »
If you asked me... other than Crooked's new music (which I want the most), I'm going to go for the completed Untouchable album.

Biggzy

« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2010, 04:45:36 AM »
the deathrow era crooked was rough rugged n raw n thats the muzik i wanna hear. he losing the plot nowadays!

EFFeX

« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2010, 05:17:44 AM »
I really don't think Crooked lost his edge at all, the lyrics and word play are just as fresh as ever and he's in no way gone "soft". I think some people are just obsessed with the Death Row name.

V2DHeart

« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2010, 12:53:35 PM »
He's never lost his edge. He can still put out hot songs when he wants to. I think that when he was with Death Row, he was more exiting to listen to, and had good artist direction. Just listen to songs like "G'd Up & Banged Out", "Do It Again", "Niggaz Got Game" "I Shoulda Made You My Wife". What I said earlier about him being more colorful on Tha Row. He dropped hot lyrical tracks, with hotter/catchier beats more consistently which built his strong reputable profile. I think during the Dynasty days, he's been able to drop more raps on somewhat tiresome cheap sounding production, or your typical modern mixtape advertisement tracks. His guest verses have been on that similar tip too. The Yukmouth track "I'm a Gangsta" Crook raps about cars, money, making lots of it a day, with a slow commercial pop-rap sounding flow. It's the subtle things like these which devalue the actual hot tracks he does put out now, which is why people say they prefer the Death Row sound, because there's less flaws
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

EFFeX

« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2010, 02:38:45 PM »
What about post Death Row material such as...

-If You Ever Hear Me
-My Life
-Life As A Shorty (My Life 2.0)
-Auphelia Payne
-All I Ever Wanted
-You Need A Blessing
-American Me
-The Signs
-Leave Us Alone
-Gangstas Holiday
-Dream Big
-My Story (verse on Mick's Tape)
-Move On (w/ Slaughterhouse)
-Rain Drops (w/ Slaughterhouse)

Those are just his more introspective cuts too, he's got other upbeat tracks that were ill after Death Row too.

I'm not trying to argue with you, but simply pointing out that Crooked hasn't changed that much. I could name a bunch of tough songs too that he dropped, if you want comparisons to "G'd Up And Banged Out" or "Niggaz Got Game".

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #140 on: February 25, 2010, 08:53:53 PM »
do a vote on here then to get an idea....most will say death row era watch

id put money on it that your wrong...people want new crooked muzik cuz its better than gucci, wacka, jim etc...but the death row era crooked....untouchable for real and thats what most want

that's not fact, it's opinion.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #141 on: February 25, 2010, 09:33:09 PM »
He's never lost his edge. He can still put out hot songs when he wants to. I think that when he was with Death Row, he was more exiting to listen to, and had good artist direction. Just listen to songs like "G'd Up & Banged Out", "Do It Again", "Niggaz Got Game" "I Shoulda Made You My Wife". What I said earlier about him being more colorful on Tha Row. He dropped hot lyrical tracks, with hotter/catchier beats more consistently which built his strong reputable profile. I think during the Dynasty days, he's been able to drop more raps on somewhat tiresome cheap sounding production, or your typical modern mixtape advertisement tracks. His guest verses have been on that similar tip too. The Yukmouth track "I'm a Gangsta" Crook raps about cars, money, making lots of it a day, with a slow commercial pop-rap sounding flow. It's the subtle things like these which devalue the actual hot tracks he does put out now, which is why people say they prefer the Death Row sound, because there's less flaws

If You Ever Hear Me (2009?) > anything from the death row era

plus have you heard My Life 2.0, Can I Talk To You?, 3 Bitches and American Me?

Crooked just keeps getting better like aged wine

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #142 on: February 25, 2010, 09:35:12 PM »
thats pushin it hack over anythin from death row?  slap back is better than that dogg...lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #143 on: February 25, 2010, 09:38:31 PM »
thats pushin it hack over anythin from death row?  slap back is better than that dogg...lol

Lol no way man.

slap bacc doesn't compare to If you ever hear me.
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #144 on: February 25, 2010, 09:41:45 PM »
well maybe not slap back...evenn tho slap back is mad dope for what it was recorded for back then...member it dont count in todays time cuz it was recorded what a decade ago? lol
but he has much better traxx than if you hear me...IMO

Lol no way man.

slap bacc doesn't compare to If you ever hear me.
Cube

blockstar

• 'G'
« Reply #145 on: February 26, 2010, 09:38:20 PM »
thanks bossboards for the leak

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #146 on: February 26, 2010, 09:40:45 PM »
thanks bossboards for the leak

lmao it was notorious makaveli you douche

blockstar

• 'G'
« Reply #147 on: February 26, 2010, 09:45:35 PM »
and if you guys really TRULY wanted damage control. like stated in thread. you guys should have released the untagged version, then that would have been floating everywhere and blogs instead of the rls that had your tags.
think u guys truly liked the exposure ;)

EFFeX

« Reply #148 on: February 26, 2010, 09:55:46 PM »
and if you guys really TRULY wanted damage control. like stated in thread. you guys should have released the untagged version, then that would have been floating everywhere and blogs instead of the rls that had your tags.

Na man that's a bad look.

Sike

« Reply #149 on: February 26, 2010, 10:06:00 PM »

LOL retard how would re leaking a track in cdq be damage control? Dumb shit.