Author Topic: Akon: "Dr. Dre is about to drop a dance record."  (Read 1946 times)

gio™fugahoo

Re: Akon: "Dr. Dre is about to drop a dance record."
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2010, 04:09:47 AM »
damn like all the time if this song get released all of u will be on dre´s dick again
"i can´t wait 4 detox" or "best (dance) record ever played it all day in my ride"
so calm down and lets see
cause dre got people on the net and if u fuck the song that much now he will never release it!!!!!!!!

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2010, 04:10:36 AM »
haha yeah.. 2 unlimited, Dr Alban and of course

i miss the 90s lol

Okka

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2010, 04:24:33 AM »
Does it even matter? "Detox" ain't never comin' out.

Fresco

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2010, 05:05:39 AM »

i miss the 90s lol
For a couple of weeks I hear this song all the time on the radio; hopefully there will be come back of Dance music like disco did!

Else back in the 90's I used to bump this song all the time and I still listen to it on regular bases :

Matty

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2010, 05:29:42 AM »

i miss the 90s lol
For a couple of weeks I hear this song all the time on the radio; hopefully there will be come back of Dance music like disco did!

Else back in the 90's I used to bump this song all the time and I still listen to it on regular bases :

i have the reel 2 real album on cd. i sense a hookup coming on if anyone is interested. it has a banging remix of 'i love to move it move it' :laugh:

Fresco

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2010, 05:46:31 AM »

i miss the 90s lol

i have the reel 2 real album on cd. i sense a hookup coming on if anyone is interested. it has a banging remix of 'i love to move it move it' :laugh:
It would be greatly appreciated  :banana:

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2010, 05:47:29 AM »

i miss the 90s lol

don´t forget about captain hollywood project and snap

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2010, 07:23:08 AM »
Did still dre just get called a dance record? LOL

MediumL

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2010, 07:29:54 AM »
Did still dre just get called a dance record? LOL

It obviously influenced by 90s house.  ::)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Matty

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2010, 07:33:49 AM »
a dre dance record could be incredibly dope, i wouldn't judge until you've heard it. but its gotta be groovy, that 'fire' track was kind of pants. and the average dance track has way more switch-ups than the average dre beat...

Mista Rosa

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2010, 07:55:22 AM »
David guetta does GARBAGE music. if dre takes guetta as a reference this is really fucked up! dre YOU are supposed to create the new trend , not follow it..
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2010, 08:01:52 AM »
a dre dance record could be incredibly dope, i wouldn't judge until you've heard it. but its gotta be groovy, that 'fire' track was kind of pants. and the average dance track has way more switch-ups than the average dre beat...
true, but i already know that i don't like dance music.
i'm sure Dre will add his own twist to it, since he usually doesn't copy other people.

and fuck switch ups if the sound is corny: i like Dre's simple stuff

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2010, 08:47:01 AM »
Sometimes "record" refers to just one song, not an entire album.

I don't see why people are so surprised, like they forgot Dre did California Love, or even a few Gwen Stefani joints that are as far from hardcore hip-hop as you could imagine.

Come on man, just because "California Love" was a huge hit doesn't make it a dance record.  That shit was hardcore, but it was just so damn dope that it blew up mainstream.  Yeah sure, you can dance to it, but I could also dance to "Nuthing But A G Thang" or "Wit A Dre Day" but that doesn't make them dance records.
Honestly, how was California Love NOT a dance record?  Just because Dre and Pac are the artists and not Jodeci or something doesn't mean that it's a hardcore song that happens to be danceable.  Let's see:

West Coast Poplock sample?  Check.  "In the state where you never find the DANCE FLOOR empty."  "Shake it, shake it, baby."  "Bumping and grinding like a slow jam."  Don't be foolish, it's a dance song.

And mentioning those Dr. Dre songs doesn't matter, you could dance to damn near any hip-hop song if you wanted to, but Cali Love was a West Coast anthem to be danced to... which is why whenever I go to any clubs in So Cal or even when I hit up Vegas, I will still hear the song played among whatever current mainstream songs they play.

EFFeX

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2010, 09:04:07 AM »
^ ^

I think it's like people said, it's a song that you CAN dance to, but does that make it a "dance" record.

I think he really meant stuff along the lines of Black Eye Peas and Lady Gaga. That's being fair too, I'm not even really counting Trance and Techno music.

Let's face it, this is the new Dre record...

« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 09:06:00 AM by EFFeX »

Nicolas

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2010, 09:32:57 AM »
Why do I think that this is going to be a huge club anthem if it happens? And from what I understand Akon means a real dance record, like real dance music, not Cali Love or anything like that.

This is an example of what it may sound

« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 09:39:05 AM by Nicolas »