Author Topic: Akon: "Dr. Dre is about to drop a dance record."  (Read 1947 times)

DeeezNuuuts83

Re: Akon: "Dr. Dre is about to drop a dance record."
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2010, 09:56:10 AM »
^ ^

I think it's like people said, it's a song that you CAN dance to, but does that make it a "dance" record.

I think he really meant stuff along the lines of Black Eye Peas and Lady Gaga. That's being fair too, I'm not even really counting Trance and Techno music.
I get what you're saying, but I don't get why people can't comprehend that California Love is a dance song.  Just because there are guys rapping doesn't mean that it cannot be a hip-hop dance/club song.  It sure isn't gangsta rap, so you can call it what you want.

Shit, you can dance to country music if you wanted to.  But the intentions of Cali Love were very clear.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2010, 10:16:04 AM »
Well I highly doubt Dre is going to drop a collabo with Scooter anytime soon.

Portugoal

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2010, 11:29:17 AM »
^ ^

I think it's like people said, it's a song that you CAN dance to, but does that make it a "dance" record.

I think he really meant stuff along the lines of Black Eye Peas and Lady Gaga. That's being fair too, I'm not even really counting Trance and Techno music.
I get what you're saying, but I don't get why people can't comprehend that California Love is a dance song.  Just because there are guys rapping doesn't mean that it cannot be a hip-hop dance/club song.  It sure isn't gangsta rap, so you can call it what you want.

Shit, you can dance to country music if you wanted to.  But the intentions of Cali Love were very clear.

Cali Love is a hip hop song you can dance to. When Akon talks about a dance song he doesn't mean a hip hop song you can dance to. The closest to a hip hop song he could mean would be something from Will.I.Am.

Portugoal

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2010, 11:31:07 AM »
some of you probably consider that song from Akon & David Guetta R&B as well, lol

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2010, 11:33:01 AM »
well the she thang finally just coming out of the closet
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Fresco

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2010, 11:43:54 AM »
Why do I think that this is going to be a huge club anthem if it happens? And from what I understand Akon means a real dance record, like real dance music, not Cali Love or anything like that.

This is an example of what it may sound

That's a dope song but I'd rather classify this as "house" rather than "dance"

ikke

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2010, 12:21:32 PM »
Does it even matter? "Detox" ain't never comin' out.
We'll get atleast 8 detox albums after dre dies.

BIGWORM

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2010, 12:33:12 PM »
It sounds like Dr.Dre is going back to his roots. I bet he can make better dance beats then Rap.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2010, 03:30:05 PM »
Guess he misses the days of the World Class Wreckin' Cru

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2010, 03:37:29 PM »
What if he just produced a dance record for Lady Gaga? Since Lady Gaga is signed to Akon's label. That would explain why Akon has heard this track.

Nicolas

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2010, 03:50:56 PM »
Why do I think that this is going to be a huge club anthem if it happens? And from what I understand Akon means a real dance record, like real dance music, not Cali Love or anything like that.

This is an example of what it may sound

That's a dope song but I'd rather classify this as "house" rather than "dance"

Yeah, i don't really get the difference between dance, house, electro and all this shit though. I'm a gangsta lol 8) :P

love your responses, you must be a funny person

Oh and something else, Dre probably knows more about dance music (in general, I don't want to mess with genres) than most dance DJ's and fans out there. He was doing this shit back in '85.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 03:57:12 PM by Nicolas »

MediumL

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2010, 04:24:00 PM »
Tbh when americans say dance they mean everything from garage to electro to house. Obviously I'd prefer he went the Trip-hop route rather than David Guetta style.

Check this trip hop song and the mood its able to create:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rZv9R-KWcJM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rZv9R-KWcJM</a>

Hopefully Dre isn't too over-protective of his legacy so when he dies we will be able to hear some of the unreleased music. As people have said there must be at least 5 different Detox albums due to changes in direction. From the stuff we heard on Dretox to more Gunit influenced stuff he was gonna put out in 05 to the orchestral music with very clear instrument sounds to this.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 04:30:02 PM by MediumL »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Muhfukka

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2010, 04:29:05 PM »
you guys are seriously posting techno songs in here. THAT KIND OF MUSIC IS GARBAGE UNLESS YOURE OUT OF YOUR MIND ON DRUGS

DUSTYFINGAZ

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2010, 11:33:03 PM »
i saw this same video and said WHAT.THE.FUCK.

FAIL!!!!!!!!!

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2010, 12:06:59 AM »

exactly , doing a dance song (maybe with David Guetta) would be the last step of his coming out  :camp: