Author Topic: Shyne Signs Seven-Figure Deal With Def Jam  (Read 877 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Shyne Signs Seven-Figure Deal With Def Jam
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 08:22:19 AM »
honestly, what does he have to rap about?  ten years in prison.  the only legitimate route for him to take is

A) talk about the mess that landed him there
B) talk about prison life
C) go the conscious route (something like TI did)
D) all the above

^ That's funny. He can rap about the normal BS every other rapper claims to do, lol.
lol, for real.

lol... that was kind of funny... but really, he does have alot to rap about.  He can work the whole 2pac angle with the prison time, and then he can rap about Puffy turned his back on him, kind of like 2pac did with Biggie/Bad Boy Records.

So to me it seems he actually has a lot he can rap about.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 09:01:36 AM »
What club shit?

He done been locked up.

I'm interested to hear his final product.  The only thing I want to hear him from is touching on the situation there, prison life, and how he's changed.  Anything else such as club shit or women I'll find hard to believe unless it's about past relationships or family that stuck through.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 09:07:26 AM »
What club shit?

He done been locked up.

I'm interested to hear his final product.  The only thing I want to hear him from is touching on the situation there, prison life, and how he's changed.  Anything else such as club shit or women I'll find hard to believe unless it's about past relationships or family that stuck through.

I think he was referring to the Club incident that landed him in jail.

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 10:46:57 AM »
He shouldve signed with Dre but that album mightve come out longer than his prison sentence lol.

sofdark

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 04:14:56 PM »
Wow, that jail sentence could have been the best thing that happened to Shyne's career. 7 figure deal? That's crazy for someone who hasnt put out nothin in so long.

You don't know details. Does Def Jam pay everything or does Shyne have to pay for studio time, producers, etc. himself?

This press release sounds too good to be true if you ask me.

I'm sure theres a twist. Rappers be talking like they got paid mad loots in the beginning, but later when their contract ends, they'll be givng out their testimony about the slavery they had to go through.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 05:17:44 PM »
He shouldve signed with Dre but that album mightve come out longer than his prison sentence lol.

lol

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 05:28:37 PM »
Nobody should sign with Aftermath. Wasn't Busta Rhymes the last person to debut on Aftermath? That was in 2006. Lol. Sad. Aftermath has released 5 albums in 5 years, and that includes Eminem's refill album. What kind of record label is that?

TRG

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 05:30:34 PM »
Sign with Dre? nooo waay.

Hope it all works ouy for Shyne, but im not really interested in a Shyne album.

Okka

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 06:09:47 PM »
Nobody should sign with Aftermath. Wasn't Busta Rhymes the last person to debut on Aftermath? That was in 2006. Lol. Sad. Aftermath has released 5 albums in 5 years, and that includes Eminem's refill album. What kind of record label is that?

Most of the releases have went platinum though.

Jome

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 06:33:53 PM »
I remember when Royce 5'9" was working on the Chronic 2 album back in 1999 and I was sure that he was going to be the next big artist to blow up.  Then I heard that he went and signed a deal with Tommy Boy.  I bet at the time he had an opportunity with Aftermath or possibly Shady Records after it was started in 2000.  He really should of waited and done whatever was necessary to stay on good terms with Dre.  But instead he ended up being a disgruntled emcee

Royce's manager blew the Aftermath deal with the whole "The Way I Be Pimpin'" & "The Message" affair..

A shame though, Royce could have been the new Nas or Jigga with all that talent.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 06:41:02 PM »

Most of the releases have went platinum though.
Yeah, that's if you ever release an album. Like I said, Busta was the last new artist on Aftermath to release anything and that was over 3 years ago. Whatever happened to Joell Ortiz , Stat Quo, Rakim, Eve, Bishop Lamont, Hittman?

Sikotic™

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 07:22:56 PM »
I hope Shyne celebrates by going to a club with his piece.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 08:29:16 PM »
I remember when Royce 5'9" was working on the Chronic 2 album back in 1999 and I was sure that he was going to be the next big artist to blow up.  Then I heard that he went and signed a deal with Tommy Boy.  I bet at the time he had an opportunity with Aftermath or possibly Shady Records after it was started in 2000.  He really should of waited and done whatever was necessary to stay on good terms with Dre.  But instead he ended up being a disgruntled emcee

Royce's manager blew the Aftermath deal with the whole "The Way I Be Pimpin'" & "The Message" affair..

A shame though, Royce could have been the new Nas or Jigga with all that talent.

Word... but I'm pretty sure he had already signed to Tommy Boy before his manager ruined his relaionship with Dre

Jaydc

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 10:22:35 PM »
If you ask me,dre was being a fucking cry baby about the situation.Royce stood his ground like a man should.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 10:25:00 PM »
I find this report hard to believe, for the fact that Shyne isn't a very marketable artist to today's mainstream?