Author Topic: Shyne Signs Seven-Figure Deal With Def Jam  (Read 879 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Shyne Signs Seven-Figure Deal With Def Jam
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2010, 12:05:40 AM »
Wait, how did Royce's manager fuck it up for him?? What did he do??

Jaydc

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2010, 12:26:14 AM »
Royces manager was in a interview and said he had seen eminem sit dre down like a pupil and teach him things.Dres vagina started bleeding about royces manager sharing this information and told royce to fire him,royce wouldnt so dre stopped working with him.

Okka

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2010, 01:04:44 AM »
I hope Shyne celebrates by going to a club with his piece.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAH.

Royces manager was in a interview and said he had seen eminem sit dre down like a pupil and teach him things.Dres vagina started bleeding about royces manager sharing this information and told royce to fire him,royce wouldnt so dre stopped working with him.

Yeah, i think the manager told the interviewer about Royce ghostwritin' for Dre too.

LONDON!!

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2010, 01:49:29 AM »
Recently freed rapper Shyne has inked a seven-figure deal with Def Jam, according to reports.

According to Miss Info, Def Jam won a bidding war between Dr. Dre, Jimmy Iovine and other labels, for the rights to release Shyne's highly anticipated album, his first since 2004.

Shyne is also reportedly being managed by HipHopSince1978, the same company that manages the careers of Drake, Young Jeezy and Lil Wayne.

It’s being reported that Shyne is planning to record his album in London, although he was not allowed entry into the country last week, because of his immigration papers.

This is the second time that Shyne has inked a deal with Def Jam.

He signed a seven-figure deal with the label in 2004, although he clashed with CEO LA Reid over the promotion of his album, Godfather: Buried Alive.

His first album, Shyne was released in 2000, but his career was brought to a halt in 2001.

Shyne, real name Moses Michael Leviy , was convicted of two counts of assault, reckless endangerment and gun possession, after the high profile 1999 nightclub shooting, which also involved Sean “Diddy” Combs and his then girlfriend, Jennifer Lopez.[/b]

http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2010/02/16/22126869.aspx

this is good to hear, much success to shyne, he's a stand up brother, for real
"get this money by any means nessassary"

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2010, 02:50:37 AM »
lol, thx for sharing.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2010, 03:16:15 AM »
Dres vagina started bleeding about royces manager sharing this information and told royce to fire him,royce wouldnt so dre stopped working with him.

LOL... but for real, come on now.  This is Dr. Fucking Dre we are talking about.   Unless Jesus Christ is your manager, then you probably need to fire him at that point.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jaydc

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2010, 03:23:32 AM »
I would have done the same thing.And lets face it,unless your name is 50 cent or eminem,aftermath is a graveyard for artists.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2010, 04:41:37 AM »
I would have done the same thing.And lets face it,unless your name is 50 cent or eminem,aftermath is a graveyard for artists.

Just remembering back to 1999, Royce really did have a buzz about him.  I remember picking up the Bad Meetz Evil maxi single at Sam Goody.  I remember the unreleased shit that was coming out on the Dreday site like "Way I Be Pimpin" and "Throne Is Mine".  I mean, "Throne Is Mine" should have been a monster hit.  Royce was also like the only artist other than Dre to appear on Eminem's Slim Shady LP and that joint was blazing. 

Something in me just told me he was the next artist to blow up, for sure.  When he went with Tommy Boy and his relationship with Dre fell apart that was a huge letdown.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 04:44:29 AM by Infinite... Be and It Is »

sofdark

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2010, 05:02:02 PM »
Dres vagina started bleeding about royces manager sharing this information and told royce to fire him,royce wouldnt so dre stopped working with him.

LOL... but for real, come on now.  This is Dr. Fucking Dre we are talking about.   Unless Jesus Christ is your manager, then you probably need to fire him at that point.

The manager was Royce's lifelong friend or something if I remember correctly

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2010, 09:13:29 PM »
Dre sounds like a bitch because as far as the eyes can tell Royce's manager was telling the truth.  I guess it's all about image and you don't want no one to ruin cash flow.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2010, 11:06:22 PM »

The manager was Royce's lifelong friend or something if I remember correctly

What do you think a managers job is?  Is a managers job to be your best friend?  Is a managers job to fuck up your one shot at making a classic multi-platinum album with the greatest rap producer of all time?

I would of fired my own self if I was the manager.

Jaydc

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2010, 11:08:11 PM »
Sometimes friends are worth more then that.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2010, 11:23:03 PM »
Sometimes friends are worth more then that.

I disagree.  

Are you a true artist or a true friend?  I think Royce chose his friend over his art.  And as a hip-hop listener and fan I can not accept that.  A great artist should be driven to be the best and to work with the best, to do whatever it takes to make the greatest music he can.  

I promise you, if Eminem would have had to choose between Dr. Dre or Proof he would of chose Dre, I SWEAR HE WOULD OF.  In fact, I don't think anyone remembers this, and I could be totally wrong, but I even think there was some small beef or whatever when Royce appeared on Em's first Aftermath album and Proof didn't (and remember it was Royce accompanying Em around that time to do shows); but obviously it was on Proof to forgive Eminem if he was a true friend; because Proof should understand that it was Eminem's destiny to work with the best producer in the world so he could be a legendary artist.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2010, 11:51:59 PM »
You got dre's dick in your mouth homie.   Dre caught feeling over some stupide shit.  royce made his decision.  it's over with.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Jaydc

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2010, 12:34:01 AM »
Actually,proof and em were beefing on something unrelated and royce got em to patch things up with proof.He did this because he didnt want to come into the game known as eminems little homie,he wanted to go to tommy boy and be his own man and pave his own way.So he relinqueshed his spot as ems hype man and passed it off to proof.As for your statement of what em would and wouldnt do,You cant speak on that,nobody can.You dont know him personally nor do i,so discussing what he would and wouldnt do is pointless.Royce made his decision,he choose friendship over business.For some people its more important,and I admire that more then someone who would just fire a close friend just because of some other guys problem.So maybe you wouldnt have done that,in that case,Im glad Im not your friend because it sounds like you dont treasure friendship very much.I have friends that I would give my life for no questions asked.Thats what REAL friendship is.Besides,even if royce stayed theirs no garauntee hed even have an album out,look at hittman for fucks sake.And I personally have loved the music royce has released,death is certain is a personal classic to me.