Author Topic: "New" Danny Boy album "It's About Time" lol really... WA/DR  (Read 1483 times)

tattootearz

• Lil Geezy
Re: "New" Danny Boy album "It's About Time" lol really... WA/DR
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2010, 07:39:13 AM »
What happened to the trax with DPG on db'z dr album
>>>::::2pac 4 lyfe::::<<<
http://www.bebo.com/hesnotdeid

>>>::::Makaveli Forum dedicated to the life and music of 2pac/Tupac shakur::::<<<
www.makaveli-revolution.com

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2010, 08:52:28 AM »
I thought everyone would be hyped about this album, seemed like for years people were after a death row danny boy album.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Smoke

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2010, 08:56:39 AM »
CAN'T WAIT
ROGER N QUIK ON SAME TRACK!! :o

WHAT ABOUT RELEASE DATE?

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2010, 11:02:15 AM »
CAN'T WAIT
ROGER N QUIK ON SAME TRACK!! :o

WHAT ABOUT RELEASE DATE?

On April 20

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2010, 12:50:18 PM »
I thought everyone would be hyped about this album, seemed like for years people were after a death row danny boy album.

nobody really was.  people just wanted to hear some new DeathRow at the time, u kno, b4 WideAwake brought DeathRow.  that's all it was, abuncha kids in a toy store.

V2DHeart

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2010, 04:20:35 PM »

nobody really was.  people just wanted to hear some new DeathRow at the time, u kno, b4 WideAwake brought DeathRow.  that's all it was, abuncha kids in a toy store.

A lot of people were, and have done since 1995, hence why he has a completed album, and not just a project of tracks. There was always a big demand for Death Row R&B, and is evident in the Michel'le album, the big R&B influence on Chronic 2000, and the talks of Knight Time Entertainment. His album besides 2Pac & Crooked I always rated high by the fans. This is an overall West Coast forum, so more than likely the Dr Dre's, the 2Pac's, or Snoop Dogg's will always be more favored over a Danny Boy album
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2010, 06:46:59 PM »

A lot of people were, and have done since 1995, hence why he has a completed album, and not just a project of tracks. There was always a big demand for Death Row R&B, and is evident in the Michel'le album, the big R&B influence on Chronic 2000, and the talks of Knight Time Entertainment. His album besides 2Pac & Crooked I always rated high by the fans. This is an overall West Coast forum, so more than likely the Dr Dre's, the 2Pac's, or Snoop Dogg's will always be more favored over a Danny Boy album

i woulda co-signed with u on that 100% but this isn't 1997 anymore.  I don't even think DB woulda pulled in any major attention if he woulda dropped an album in 98 truthfully.  dont get me wrong im not sayin ya man aint got no talent or didn't have some people checkin' 4 a record but DB woulda got tha SAME numbers (maybe a lil better maybe a lil worser) than Michel'le.  remember, right after Pac died the whole entire music game took a change, D' got lost in the wave homie - even Snoop & Dre took an 'L.  but let me not go on ranting about how DB shouldn't release an album or how he's a nobody, all i gotta is nobody gives a shit.

Jaydc

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2010, 06:51:26 PM »
If danny boy had dropped an album in like 96 he might have squeezed out a gold plaque.

blockstar

• 'G'
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2010, 07:57:12 PM »
its a lose/lose situation.
people will complain and bitch regardless.
im happy that some sort of 'new' material is making its way out.
obviously i will download it before spending money on it

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2010, 08:08:40 PM »
its a lose/slight win situation.
people will complain and bitch regardless.
im happy that some sort of 'new' material is making its way out.
obviously _ will download it before spending money on it

Sike

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2010, 08:11:02 PM »
in all honesty... what ever they release people would complain, they should just ban any cry babies at their forum, itll clean it up a bit.

Jaydc

« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2010, 08:15:31 PM »
Ive bought every release by wideawake so far,even down and dirty and I will continue to.The only way the company is going to make it is through support,fuck that download shit,you know damn well no matter how much you like it you wont pay for it.Even though theyve made mistakes and some of their decisions make me scratch my head,something is better then nothing.I want the crooked i albums and lbc and etc,a swoop g album would be amazing.Hopefully they release those albums but the only way their going to get to them is people supporting it.Everyones dreams are coming true getting to hear all this death row music and yet all people can do is continue to complain.Sure some of these tracks sound unfinished,thats because tehy are unfinished their just tracks sitting in the vault.If they touched them up people would complain they arent autentic anymore.

g-lee

• Lil Geezy
  • Bringing the dawn
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2010, 01:07:55 AM »
i'll download it but i wont spend money buying it unless its got daz, kurupt,snoop or pac on there

this isnt danny boy's real album cuz pac was on it

i doubt this will sell more than 1000 copies, who wants to bet on how many it gon sell?

Blasphemy

« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2010, 02:35:25 AM »
If danny boy had dropped an album in like 96 he might have squeezed out a gold plaque.

Nah man he be Plat. Think about it.

he had a Video out (Slip n Slide)

Was featured on 2pac's hit track "I aint Mad at cha", was in the video also

And was on his first post death album.

Danny Boy could of made himself a alright commodity at death row at the time. He was active on Soundtracks and 2pac records.

I'm not sure he could of gone Double Plat (which even Tha Doggfather had gone) but he had some steam at the time. Death Row RnB was something everyone still wanted outta the G-Funk label, with tracks by Jewell, Michel'le being a signee, and Danny Boy showing 2 be a promising artist all which had tracks on Soundtracks which had sold well despite being Hip-hop oriented.

Post-1998 probably nothing. I mean 1997 yeah, cause Makaveli Album was released near the end of 1996 and 2pac was still getting play on radio/tv (Makaveli Videos including Toss it Up). But in 1998, that's when Death Row really went inactive. The last release was Daz, Nate release his album off death row, Dr. Dre was finding success with Eminem, and West Coast rap had took a serious loss with pac.

Now today??? Well he could squeeze a couple of units. He's RnB so he has more marketing appeal then Old School West Coast G-Funk, but Wideawake doesn't really put any effort in advertising, so I wouldn't expect it to go even gold. I know since I only got a handful of DB tracks I'm probably gonna get the album if I have the cash, but I highly doubt this release will fair well. Given the fact Fans are pissed off at the mixing.

JayfromTheBay

• 'G'
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2010, 08:29:49 AM »
its some fuckin random tracks since Pac (for example) was supposed to be on this