Author Topic: (Mad) Skillz - Hip-Hop  (Read 218 times)

=[Euthanasia]=

(Mad) Skillz - Hip-Hop
« on: December 01, 2002, 05:08:59 AM »
What does everybody think of this track? I loved "Crew Deep" but this song is the best new stuff i've heard from him in a while. It's basically about the state of hip-hop, how he grew up on it etc. It's sort of like Common's "I Used To Love H.E.R" only he doesn't refer to hip-hop as a 'her', he gives Common's track props on this song too. I think this song will sum up alot of peoples feelings on how watered down hip-hop has become. For those of you who haven't heard it yet you can check it out in mp3 here;

http://www.dijitalphonics.com/nuke/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=2

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

S.G.V.

Re:(Mad) Skillz - Hip-Hop
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2002, 05:02:35 PM »
i havent heard it...and the link didnt work...but i like Skillz...hes slept on...one of the best emcees out right now...so i bet its tight...thanks for the heads up tho...ill look for it

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2002, 06:14:51 PM »
I like Skillz, but I haven't heard that song.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2002, 03:06:57 AM »
Thanks for taking the time out to reply guys, didn't think there would be that many fans of him here but I thought i'd make this thread anyway 'cos the song deserves the props. The link does work only you have to sign up to get access to the audio. It's worth signing up, it only takes a few mins, this guy has ALOT of great audio posted up, from mainstream - underground.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2002, 04:53:56 AM »
What happened to his album as i read reviews for it a month or so ago but still ain't found it in shops yet?
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2002, 06:28:17 AM »
yeah it's nice thx for the link
he's dope anyway

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2002, 12:18:10 PM »
What happened to his album as i read reviews for it a month or so ago but still ain't found it in shops yet?

I'd like to know this too. Has anyone here copped it?