Author Topic: Beats By Dr. Dre Headphones (Ear Buds)  (Read 1429 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: Beats By Dr. Dre Headphones (Ear Buds)
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2010, 10:18:51 PM »
I think Im going to pick up the spins when they come out

Yeah I hope my store carries those as well.

yo d-nice hook it up with a discount!  8)

I wish I could lol. If u come in the store I can do 20% but for the 50% off you have to fax in this form to Monster to get it.

I'll fax it over  :laugh:

haha, let me see how "strict" they are with this discount and I will hit you back my ninja

We Fly High

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2010, 11:11:11 PM »
i just got this too... super limited edition Lifted Research Group x-mini speakers.. only 1 of 20.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 11:13:47 PM by We Fly High »

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2010, 12:53:26 AM »
^We sell those too but damn not the limited edition. I just got my Solos today in the mail. Sounds amazing.

Hittman2001

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2010, 02:07:15 AM »
Got the lady friend the Lady Gaga Version of the earphones.   They sound pretty good.  I'm gonna purchase the studio beats as soon as i can.  Would like to get the dre signiture ones more than anything

Matty

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2010, 06:29:45 AM »
studios were reduced to £159.99 on play.com the other day for one day only. was really tempted but i want to hear what the spins are like in comparison. done a ton of research on new over ears to purchase and seems like the studios have quite a few pros and cons for me:

+ comfort - looks like they fit around the ear well, seal nicely and could be worn for long durations comfortably.
+ sound sig - supposedly awesome bass (very important to me) and a good detail on the rest of the spectrum. somewhat dark/muddy compared to higher quality sets, which i prefer.
+ easy to drive.

- noise cancellation and batteries. produces extra low level sound and cannot be turned off. one more thing to break, cannot be used without batteries.
- leakage - supposed to leak a lot.
- variable quality. supposedly there can be a real difference between one set and the next. some are great and balanced, others not so much. not sure why this would be the case (quality control, driver/enclosing manufacturing) but i have read this is definitely the case.
- limited soundstage.
- vastly overpriced.

anyone with a set care to comment on some of that? would be helpful...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 10:03:27 AM by Matty »

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2010, 08:59:00 AM »
studios were reduced to £159.99 on play.com the other day for one day only. was really tempted but i want to hear what the spins are like in comparison. done a ton of research on new over ears to purchase and seems like the studios have quite a few pros and cons for me:

+ comfort - looks like they fit around the ear well, seal nicely and could be worn for long durations comfortably.
+ sound sig - supposedly awesome bass (very important to me) and a good detail on the rest of the spectrum. somewhat dark/muddy compared to higher quality sets, which i prefer.
+ easy to drive.

- noise cancellation and batteries. produces extra low level sound and cannot be turned off. one more thing to break, cannot be used without batteries.
- leakage - supposed to leak a lot.
- variable quality. supposedly there can be a real difference between one set and the next. some are great and balanced, others not so much. not sure why this would be the case (quality control, driver/enclosing manufacturing) but i have read this is definitely the case.
- limited soundstage.
- vastly overpriced.

anyone with a set care to comment on some of that? would be helpful...

Yeah you are pretty much spot on with your research. For me at least the sound quality trumps any and all cons it has. I have heard alot of people say at high volumes the sound does bleed out and people can hear the music. As far as the price, I have seen 3 or 4 other brands and their top of the line noise cancelation heaphones are around the Beats price.

Matty

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2010, 04:40:48 PM »
hmmm i will have to try them. if i love the sound then that is pretty much more important that anything else. that and the comfort factor may win me over against other sets. noise cancellation is a non-issue though, i'll be comparing against other over ears as opposed to other noise cancellation sets. a good seal is more than enough for blocking out external noise, i don't know who thought it would be a good idea to make NC compulsory when using the beats.

for that reason definitely waiting to hear what the opinions are on the spins, but any sniff that the bass isn't as good or anything and i'll get the studios next time there is a fat reduction...

Jaydc

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2010, 04:45:29 PM »
the sound quality and comfort is amazing.I wear them around 3 hours a day and Ive never been more satisfied with a pair of headphones.I listen to a variety of music from classical to hip hop to jazz to metal and everything sounds great.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2010, 10:44:42 PM »
Got my Studios today.  :o

the ghost

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2010, 11:25:16 AM »

Observe and report!

Bananas

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2010, 09:43:41 PM »
I love listening to my studios, especially with hip hop and orchestral movie soundtracks (Dark Knight OST - the shit). They are by far my favorite pair of headphones to listen to music for fun. That being said I work with sound for a living and do not use them at work. The bass response can be too flattering for whatever you're working on, providing an unrealistic image of what it'll sound like on other systems. All that means though is that they are so kick ass they put a lot of other music devices to shame. If you are buying these headphones for listening and not for editing/producing, they are by far some of the best headphones you can buy.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2010, 09:47:10 PM »

Observe and report!

Incredible. Great investment. Bass is insane and the high and mids are crisp. Gotta listen to 2001 on these.

I love listening to my studios, especially with hip hop and orchestral movie soundtracks (Dark Knight OST - the shit). They are by far my favorite pair of headphones to listen to music for fun. That being said I work with sound for a living and do not use them at work. The bass response can be too flattering for whatever you're working on, providing an unrealistic image of what it'll sound like on other systems. All that means though is that they are so kick ass they put a lot of other music devices to shame. If you are buying these headphones for listening and not for editing/producing, they are by far some of the best headphones you can buy.

co-sign

Muhfukka

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2010, 10:03:03 PM »
sounds cool but kind of funny considering theyre called "studios"