Author Topic: What do cats out west think about 50?  (Read 285 times)

DPGC2003

• 'G'
  • Crissy M
What do cats out west think about 50?
« on: December 01, 2002, 04:09:50 PM »
Alright I live in NYC where everybody and their momma are dickriding 50...I have to admit dude has some charisma, some nice lines and has some pretty good hooks but I don't think he's all that nice...To me he's another Noreaga, hella entertaining but low on lyrical skills...and unlike Nore dude has a lazy ass flow...Infact 50 ain't touching Redman, Jay,Nas,Busta and alot of East Coast rappers...I wanna know what do cats out west think about 50...
Rainstorm the back of the bank, bustin loose like Muggsy
Typhoons, Kurupt Calhoun
with a platoon of backwards ass buffoons
Ready to shoot anything that moves             Kurupt-Trylogy

Murrow

Re:What do cats out west think about 50?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2002, 04:11:39 PM »
I just like 50 as something different from what I usually listen to.  He is rugged, ghetto and funny.  It is a good mix, and I enjoy hearing what he has to say.

S.G.V.

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2002, 04:44:40 PM »
its funny...back when 50 did How To Rob nobody was on him...people hardly brought him up...id maybe hear his name once outta 80 convos about hip hop...but all of a sudden eminem signs...people believe the hype..and now its 50 this 50 that...plus people always talk shit about fagolous bout how he is a fake mase...listen to 50 he got the same exact flow...i had a few people ask me "he that song wanksta...is that fabolous?"...i laughed...plus i think fagolous is a much better mc than 50...but since eminem signed him hes automatically one of the best mcs out...which is bullshit...hes alot of hype...sure hes got some funny little lines...but hes a simplistic rapper....

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2002, 05:43:23 PM »
nothing special but ill prolly cop his album for the Dre production

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2002, 06:59:17 PM »
thefirst time i heard of him is when Jay dissed him back on vol. 3 .....i thought he was better than jay-z when i checked him out but i didn't really like him.....don't really like him much now but, i'll check him out when is record drops to peep the dre and em production

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

DPG4lyfe

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2002, 12:49:08 AM »
well i knw here in tha south everybody thinks he should open his fuccing mouth when rapping!

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2002, 02:53:39 AM »
Sure there's hype 'cause of signing with Em, but he's also exposed to a wider audience than before. Ain't nobody listenin' to his records here, simply 'cause cats around the world ain't heard of him. But now that he's on Shady, he's got a possibility of doin' it bigg, so to speak.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2002, 06:37:49 AM »
I think he's dope.
It's right i wouldn't think this if Eminem wouldn't have signed him, not cause i think any Em associated is tight but cuz I didn't really recognized him before.
I think i heard few shit by him but i didn't really pay attention, now i do and I really like him.

Jome

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2002, 06:49:07 PM »
its funny...back when 50 did How To Rob nobody was on him...people hardly brought him up...id maybe hear his name once outta 80 convos about hip hop...but all of a sudden eminem signs...people believe the hype..and now its 50 this 50 that...plus people always talk shit about fagolous bout how he is a fake mase...listen to 50 he got the same exact flow...i had a few people ask me "he that song wanksta...is that fabolous?"...i laughed...plus i think fagolous is a much better mc than 50...but since eminem signed him hes automatically one of the best mcs out...which is bullshit...hes alot of hype...sure hes got some funny little lines...but hes a simplistic rapper....

:( Well well..
Thank god I don't listen to you when it comes to Nas, Jigga or 50  ;D

S.G.V.

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2002, 07:00:31 PM »
^^^lol...only cuz its true  ;D