Author Topic: I Want A New N.W.A Album  (Read 904 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: I Want A New N.W.A Album
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2010, 02:05:29 PM »
Really, I want Cube to rap over some NEW Dre beats. The last time we had that was "Hello". Before that it was what, "Natural Born Killaz"? Shit is ridiculous how we have all these amazingly talented legends who never work with each other. Even Cube said he didn't understand why he wasn't on 2001.

Dre needs to stop wasting beats like "Bagpipes From Baghdad" on Eminem and give em to Cube.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2010, 02:35:54 PM »
aite but why is this effort far fetched
snoop, dre, cube, mc ren are all cool together
so for this to happen one day theres a possibility and throw quik in there...could be a classic and at this rate sound better than dretox

Personally, I think the only thing that makes it far fetched is Dre.  Dre seems to be unwilling to make it happen.  Otherwise, it wouldn't be far fetched at all.  Previously, the rest of them were willing to do it, and were waiting on Dre to get on board.  Then he did get on board for a brief period when they recorded "Chin Check" and "Hello."  But shortly after, Dre canceled the project because he said he wasn't happy with how it was turning out.  I think if Dre were to change his mind and wanted to try to do the reunion again, the others would follow suit.  But personally, I don't think Dre will do that.  I wish he would, but I doubt it.
I always thought the reunion was doomed by paperwork and contracts, with everyone being on different labels, Ruthless owning the rights to the name N.W.A, stuff like that.....

JohnnyL

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2010, 03:11:56 PM »
aite but why is this effort far fetched
snoop, dre, cube, mc ren are all cool together
so for this to happen one day theres a possibility and throw quik in there...could be a classic and at this rate sound better than dretox

Personally, I think the only thing that makes it far fetched is Dre.  Dre seems to be unwilling to make it happen.  Otherwise, it wouldn't be far fetched at all.  Previously, the rest of them were willing to do it, and were waiting on Dre to get on board.  Then he did get on board for a brief period when they recorded "Chin Check" and "Hello."  But shortly after, Dre canceled the project because he said he wasn't happy with how it was turning out.  I think if Dre were to change his mind and wanted to try to do the reunion again, the others would follow suit.  But personally, I don't think Dre will do that.  I wish he would, but I doubt it.
I always thought the reunion was doomed by paperwork and contracts, with everyone being on different labels, Ruthless owning the rights to the name N.W.A, stuff like that.....

I think you're right that that might have become an issue as well.  I don't think they got far enough along in the process for that to have been given much attention.  But I remember even with them just beginning to talk about doing the reunion album, there was already beginning to be a debate over who owned the rights to the name, N.W.A.  If I remember right, both Ruthless and Priority Records felt they owned the name.  I'm sure, had they actually finished the album, some legal action would have inevitably taken place to attempt to resolve who actually owned the name.
 As far as everyone being signed to a different record label, I'm not sure.  It might have been an issue.  But I know in many cases, artists can be signed to one label as a solo artist and to a different label as part of a group.  I don't know enough about the way it works to know if that's always the case though.  In the case of Ren and Yella, it wouldn't have been an issue, because neither of them were signed with anyone. Dre, Cube, and Snoop (being that he was also supposed to appear on the album) though, I'm not sure.

The Predator

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2010, 04:39:23 PM »
N.W.A reunion?

Why of course, ol' Jerry will get the new contracts ready  :

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2010, 06:08:00 PM »
some would say hes behind them maybe not bein together...some how some way....lol

N.W.A reunion?

Why of course, ol' Jerry will get the new contracts ready  :

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

westside159

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2010, 10:17:15 PM »
new N.W.A
DR.DRE
DJ YELLA
MC REN
ICE CUBE 

Thats it   THATS THE REAL N.W.A   Fools 8) 8)

MistaNova

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2010, 04:16:29 AM »
I used to think that Lil E, Hood Surgeon, Doughboy & Ren's son doing a mixtape hosted by Yella would be more liable to happen though :P.

I think that if NTNA happened they would've added Lil E and probably throw some of their associates (Xzibit, Mack 10, WC, C.P.O.) on there. Get those 4 on a song produced by Dre that has a hook by Nate, that's what I'd want.

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2010, 07:50:16 AM »
what og production has yella done?
Yall rookies seem to forget..YELLA!produced all of nwa music along side of dr.dre.(HIGHPOWERED PRODUCTIONS),was dre and yella....(4 the love of money)by bone ect......dre always needs a side kick(DAZ,melman,hi tech...why yall think his sound is different every time....wake the fuck up people. :-\

real talk.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2010, 09:09:26 AM »
Snoop never did fit with nwa like ice cube said.and i agree,that was dres idea...either quick or the og 4(YELLA,DRE,CUBE,REN).peace.

Man fuck Quick

just the original 4. The Line up would pretty much be a new incarnation of N.W.A's sound, this time the gangsta rap shit pandered down (do 2 hte lost of eazy) but the polictical shit possibly turned way up (do 2 a cube presence).

Ren will probably come out with another sex story dubbed "Bitch swallowed the whole 8" instead of a preachers daughter, it's Jesus in a whore house.
??? other people wrote for Eazy, the writers are still alive.

Ren would come with the punches, as always

JohnnyL

« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2010, 01:38:59 PM »
what og production has yella done?
Yall rookies seem to forget..YELLA!produced all of nwa music along side of dr.dre.(HIGHPOWERED PRODUCTIONS),was dre and yella....(4 the love of money)by bone ect......dre always needs a side kick(DAZ,melman,hi tech...why yall think his sound is different every time....wake the fuck up people. :-\

real talk.

I considered Yella's production for N.W.A. a given, that's the only reason I didn't mention it in my list.  In fact, I figured GET YOUR WALK ON was aware of it as well, and took his question to be asking me "what else has Yella produced for?" although I guess technically that's not how it was worded.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2010, 01:39:52 PM »
nah i was askin whats yella's best work in your opinion?
cuz he didnt do much rappin right?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2010, 02:07:37 PM »
what..? he did the majority on Straight Outta Compton
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2010, 02:10:58 PM »
no he didn't: Yella said Dre did most of the work, check the aftermathmusic.com interview

JohnnyL

« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2010, 04:23:19 PM »

Right.  Yella didn't ever really rap.  He had a few spoken word spots that I can think of, here and there, but really no rapping.  Production-wise, I liked a lot of his work, so it would be tough for me to try to pick out what I thought was the best.  He had tracks that I liked on all the albums that I previously mentioned.  But of course, he did some great tracks while with N.W.A.  I can't figure out why someone tried to make the point that I wasn't aware of that.  I was the first person in this thread to mention that I thought he got a bum deal by not being asked to be a part of the N.W.A. reunion. lol   

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2010, 04:26:15 PM »
why wasnt he asked?

Right.  Yella didn't ever really rap.  He had a few spoken word spots that I can think of, here and there, but really no rapping.  Production-wise, I liked a lot of his work, so it would be tough for me to try to pick out what I thought was the best.  He had tracks that I liked on all the albums that I previously mentioned.  But of course, he did some great tracks while with N.W.A.  I can't figure out why someone tried to make the point that I wasn't aware of that.  I was the first person in this thread to mention that I thought he got a bum deal by not being asked to be a part of the N.W.A. reunion. lol   
Cube