Author Topic: Devin The Dude Reunites With Dr. Dre  (Read 1263 times)

TRG

Devin The Dude Reunites With Dr. Dre
« on: February 25, 2010, 05:03:19 AM »
Critically-acclaimed spitter/singer Devin The Dude spoke to HipHopDX earlier today (February 24th) and revealed his plans to resume his working relationship with legendary producer Dr. Dre.

“I’m going out there [to work with Dre] tomorrow, man!” he exclaimed. “[His people are] saying this thing, [that] it’ll be a nice little shindig and everything’ll come out pretty cool. But I’m pretty sure he got some heat [for me to jump on]. And I just…man…I just try to make sure I’m up to par and have my stuff together when I go out there anytime to deal with him and what they’re doing over there [at Aftermath Entertainment]. ‘Cause they do it big, and their music sounds like it too when you’re in there. From top to bottom, from when you’re working on it to when it comes out, it sounds like [makes an explosion sound]. It sounds so big.”

The comedic conceptual genius first worked with the famed west coast trackmaster a little over a decade ago for the classic Devin/Dre/Snoop Dogg collabo “Fuck You” from Dre’s last masterpiece, 2001.

“He [has] people that get in touch,” replied Devin when asked if Dre just called him up out of the blue. “But he’s real cool though. I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be no problem with him just picking up and calling [personally], ‘cause he’s very down to earth. When we get around [each other] and start trying to put something together it’s real cool.”

While Devin being summoned to see the doctor seems to be an indication of progress being made on Dre’s long-awaited Detox album, Devin didn’t provide any indication to HipHopDX of where specifically his upcoming work with Dr. Dre will land.

Wherever their new collaborations find a home, Dre’s reaching out to Devin over eight years since the supreme storyteller and musical maestro last linked for the rubbery-bassline based “It’s A Shame” from Devin’s stellar sophomore solo effort, Just Tryin’ Ta Live, is surely a sign of good music from the two to soon make its way to the masses, as well as a clear tipping of the good doctor’s hat to Devin’s talent.

Concluded Devin of Dre’s gesture of respect towards him: “Aww man, I’m just blessed just to be a part [of what he’s doing].”

Stay tuned to HipHopDX for our forthcoming feature interview with Devin The Dude to learn what other legendary producer from Devin’s past he recently reunited with, (as well as what his current feelings are towards former label Rap-A-Lot Records), and to get some exclusive details on Devin’s upcoming new solo effort, (his first for E1 Entertainment), Suite 420.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.10707/title.devin-the-dude-reunites-with-dr-dre

JossieJ

Re: Devin The Dude Reunites With Dr. Dre
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 05:26:16 AM »
Yeah I already read this on the site where you got this from --> Aftermathmusic.com

But this is some real good news.. I Love Devin's music
And "Fuck you" is one of my personal favorites

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 07:02:28 AM »
wow, wow. been waiting for this

BigNeckBone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Drama means nothing, it's part of tha game
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 07:12:48 AM »
Good to hear this. Fuck you and It's a shame are some real dope tracks
<a href="http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2014022200kVp8nskXeGtIEO10TEVk7U&amp;file=output_XhDD0f.gif" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2014022200kVp8nskXeGtIEO10TEVk7U&amp;file=output_XhDD0f.gif</a>

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 07:44:20 AM »
Hell yea!!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

MediumL

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 08:02:01 AM »
Devins verse of Fuck You is too much. And he's a real good hook singer (better than getting autotuners in).
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 08:12:16 AM »
Good shit. The last Dre beat Devin was on was "Bitch I'm Back" w/ Slim Thug.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 08:53:51 AM »
the article is kind of misleading, since there were studio sessions in 2007

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 05:46:27 AM »
Good news, hopefully will get to hear it.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

BIGWORM

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 10:05:01 PM »
sick news dr dre is heading in the right direction

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 12:30:28 PM »
sick news dr dre is heading in the right direction

hard to believe

kuruptDPG

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 02:11:38 PM »
but will we hear it?  dont think so

Lunatic

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 02:15:11 PM »
will it sounds like Dre wasn't kidding when he said he was going to give everyone he's ever worked with an opportunity to come in and contribute
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 03:28:23 PM »

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

kuruptDPG

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 07:05:19 AM »
will it sounds like Dre wasn't kidding when he said he was going to give everyone he's ever worked with an opportunity to come in and contribute

true but will it go down and will we hear it is the main thing, i dont want to seem to be a downer lol but we are not going to hear this