Author Topic: Lupe Fiasco says that he doesn't want to be Jay-Z and be worth $400 Million  (Read 1065 times)

Bananas

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
real shit? lol.

Lupe just can't make that kind of bread, so he down plays it.

no hate, Lupe is that dude; but he's lying; no man would turn down 400 million.

Bananas

real shit? lol.

Thats not the point. He doesnt want to be worth 400 million for doing everything his label wants him to do so he can appeal to the masses with songs about bullshit. he'd rather help a kids self esteem than talk about driving a bentley. Of course no ones gonna turn down a random 400 million...Thats not even a point.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
real shit? lol.

Thats not the point. He doesnt want to be worth 400 million for doing everything his label wants him to do so he can appeal to the masses with songs about bullshit. he'd rather help a kids self esteem than talk about driving a bentley. Of course no ones gonna turn down a random 400 million...Thats not even a point.

but he couldn't do it, even if he released a full blown autotune album lol.

i can respect what he's trying to say; how he'd rather make real music.

but if a record label said, "look, drops this album, with these types of songs & we can get you 100 million"; he'd do it.

that offer just hasn't, nor will it, come along for him.

Bananas

real shit? lol.

but if a record label said, "look, drops this album, with these types of songs & we can get you 100 million"; he'd do it.

Yeah, I definitely believe that. Like I said, not a fan. I'm sure he's a great MC and all, but I don't see him ever gathering a mainstream or cult fanbase large enough to sustain a buzz for the long haul.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
real shit? lol.

Yeah, I definitely believe that. Like I said, not a fan. I'm sure he's a great MC and all, but I don't see him ever gathering a mainstream or cult fanbase large enough to sustain a buzz for the long haul.

yeah, and i guess deep down, he kind of knows that.

but it's good he's given up on the univeral dream to be some icon.

he does drop dope music & at least he kind of says, he always will. 8)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I wonder who's creative control is involved with I'm Beaming because that track is straight ass.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yeah not feelin that song but i see what lupe's sayin but cham is also right too
jay is doin what anyone would do altho hes a sell out also

I wonder who's creative control is involved with I'm Beaming because that track is straight ass.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Sikotic™

So when is Lupe gonna shut the fuck up and put out another album?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
dont worry, this guy wont ever have 400MM....ever. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Lupe Fiasco says that he doesn't want to be Jay-Z and be worth $400 Million
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 06:51:36 PM »
hes retirin....hes formin a group..nah hes retirin...lol

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 07:09:53 PM »
yeah not feelin that song but i see what lupe's sayin but cham is also right too

yeah, that's why i don't like it; but i can't hate on these wack ass rappers today.

i mean, people are coming up to these kids & handing them music & telling them they will make millions of dollars; anybody would say, "okay sir, whatever you say".

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 07:11:17 PM »
yeah jay will do whatever it takes to make money...he aint no real american gangsta otherwise he be on some different shit but he has the money so people think he can  buy himself into bein a american gangsta....like jim jones and the rest of them fake fucks

yeah, that's why i don't like it; but i can't hate on these wack ass rappers today.

i mean, people are coming up to these kids & handing them music & telling them they will make millions of dollars; anybody would say, "okay sir, whatever you say".
Cube

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2010, 08:07:12 PM »
real shit? lol.

In 1984 Bruce Springsteen dropped Born in the USA. It was filled with pop rock anthems and sold 10 million copies in it's first year in the US alone. The same tour grossed Springsteen more money than any artist in one year than any rock and roll artist to that point in history. Instead of coming back to try and make more money he took 2 to 3 years off and when the label wanted another album of hits (Born in the USA had 7 top ten singles), Bruce released a collection of slow dark love songs with no intention of high sales. Then followed that up with a 5 year hiatus and after dropping his E Street Band came back with 2 simultaneously released albums of music very new to him.

Don't say no one turns down the big bucks. He saw the fame and fortune, didn't like it, and turned away from it. He was asked when Tunnel of Love came out in 87 why he chose such a new direction rather than try and capitalize on recent success and he said he didn't want to make a sequel album for money reasons and wanted only to follow his creative muse. Sales were not important.

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2010, 08:09:29 PM »
hes retirin....hes formin a group..nah hes retirin...lol

After two albums? What an idiot.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE