Author Topic: Lupe Fiasco says that he doesn't want to be Jay-Z and be worth $400 Million  (Read 1066 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Lupe Fiasco says that he doesn't want to be Jay-Z and be worth $400 Million
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 08:10:37 PM »
yeah but were talkin rap here the ones that care bout it shallow...like face sell a few copies but drop mad dope albums not for the money but for the love of muzik IMO
jay makes muzik for white people

thats what he said...again thats what he said hence lupe-end..lol
but yeah after 2 albums
hes dope and he should come back he was new talent

hes retirin....hes formin a group..nah hes retirin...lol

So when is Lupe gonna shut the fuck up and put out another album?
After two albums? What an idiot.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 08:15:26 PM »
yeah but were talkin rap here the ones that care bout it shallow...like face sell a few copies but drop mad dope albums not for the money but for the love of muzik IMO

but yeah after 2 albums

Cham didn't say no rapper would turn down fortune for art if it were possible to sell huge. He said no man, and I gave an example of a man who did.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010, 08:17:19 PM »
yeah true but all rappers are sell out and will sell their sole....most again unlike face

but yeah after 2 albums

Cham didn't say no rapper would turn down fortune for art if it were possible to sell huge. He said no man, and I gave an example of a man who did.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2010, 08:19:09 PM »
You mean Scarface? When did he ever sell that many records to turn down selling multi-millions?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2010, 08:21:50 PM »
nah im talkin about the other end
he took a huge loss over the years to not make muzik but also not sell out
when or what song did he sell out on?
might be a stretch but a close call would be him recordin these songs
pimp hard
big dogg status

but thats it in his entire career compared to jay, rick ross, wayne and others doin songs with anyone of course they gon make a gang of money so would face, maybe not as much cuz hes not a commercial rapper but still if he were to go have gon that route he be much richer than he is for not

You mean Scarface? When did he ever sell that many records to turn down selling multi-millions?
Cube

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 09:18:41 PM »
nah im talkin about the other end
he took a huge loss over the years to not make muzik but also not sell out
when or what song did he sell out on?
might be a stretch but a close call would be him recordin these songs
pimp hard
big dogg status

but thats it in his entire career compared to jay, rick ross, wayne and others doin songs with anyone of course they gon make a gang of money so would face, maybe not as much cuz hes not a commercial rapper but still if he were to go have gon that route he be much richer than he is for not

There's a lot of artists that never sold out but also never made it huge. What Cham was arguing was that anyone that was in Face's position couldn't have made it to Jay's level of fame and fortune even if they wanted to, and because they knew they couldn't get that big they never tried. I'm not saying I agree with that, I'm just saying it's easier to keep from selling out when you never got the fame than it is to turn your back on the fame completely after you have it.

Anyone can say I don't even want it when they never had it, but to say I don't want it, take it back, after they get it is hard and takes real integrity as an artist. I'll give more respect, as of now, to Andre 3000 than to Face, because Andre showed he could hit it huge, bigger than Jay in sales as far as singles and single album, and then he decided to walk away almost completely from the spotlight.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 09:21:18 PM »
yeah thats a good great example
but face gets alotta respect for not sellin out cuz he could have made alotta more muzik for more money but wack muzik could have been the result
which is weird cuz now its like hes comin out talkin bout bout lil j....when he was down wit him for years...lol but anyways i feel what your sayin
Cube

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2010, 12:05:23 AM »
Lupe Fiasco is just like Saigon...great rappers who say the dumbest shit in their interviews.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2010, 02:16:23 AM »
I have to disagree with Cham on this one. I agree with the principle, there is no way that Lupe could make $400mil or achieve Jay-Z style fame or wealth. However, I don't believe that Lupe has never had big offers to sell out and make a mainstream album. Why wouldn't he have? He has shown that he can make crossover tracks, as "Superstar" proved. That track along with his appearance on "Touch the Sky" means the mainstream are definately aware of him. A couple of catchy crossover singles on his next album and I'm sure it would sell well. Sell like Jay-Z? Definately not. But I do think Lupe could sell-out to the pop charts if he wanted to.

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2010, 02:36:02 AM »
lupe's inabilility to gross jay-z money has more to do with the current music climate than it does him being unable to sell out if he wished to

MediumL

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2010, 05:11:10 AM »

If you read the interview you'd have seen that he's handed the album in and waiting on the label.  ::)

And money isn't everything unlike some rappers would have you believe. If you're sitting on enough money to live a nice lifestyle then maybe he doesn't feel the need to make pop music for the money. He'd rather make music that appeals to his fans and that has some message to it. Not everything in life is solved by having millions of pounds. Maybe he's content with his current financial situation.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2010, 08:01:18 AM »
A couple of catchy crossover singles on his next album and I'm sure it would sell well. Sell like Jay-Z? Definately not.

That's a myth. Jayz doesn't sell that well. He's more famous for being famous than he is for making super hit albums. I'm not saying his albums are failures but they aren't moving usually unattainable numbers. He hasn't gone more than 3 platinum since Hard Knock Life (ten years ago), and that was 5 platinum. Don't make it sound like he's Eminem. 3x platinum for Em is a failure. Shit, Encore went 5 and they called it a flop. There's nothing about Lupe that tells me he can't go 3 to 5 platinum with the right album and promotion. 9 or 10 is another story. And Jay can't do that either. The difference is Jay tries like the devil to get it.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2010, 08:34:57 AM »
Jay-Z is worth for more than just rapping.

Clothes; Roc-A-Wear was the hottest brand of those a few years back.
Beyonce; married that bitch.
Kanye; making bread off him.
Budwieser; got a piece of that.
Nets; owns them.

he is out there in the business scheme of things; of Jay-Z's worth of 400 Million, i'd have to say more than 50% of it are for things other than his rapping.

my point, is Lupe would never make moves outside of the mic that Jay would, or never get offered; no matter what he drops, he isn't the icon or name of Jay-Z.

making sellout songs won't make Lupe a 400 Million dollar man, he'd be lucky to get a few million.

how much you think Wayne made off this top singles for his last album? def. not as much as you might think.

anyway, i don't follow Rock & couldn't name you one Bruce Springstein song, but i know that he's an icon; i hear about him all the time.

you don't just get that from not being on top of the world somehow.

i'm sure there is a line Lupe wouldn't cross, but if you held a 100 million dollar check in his face & told him to make the song; he'd make it, anybody would.

but rappers aren't making that with one major single or even entire album; labels don't pay that much.

ikke

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2010, 08:42:17 AM »
Jay-Z is worth for more than just rapping.

Clothes; Roc-A-Wear was the hottest brand of those a few years back.
Beyonce; married that bitch.
Kanye; making bread off him.
Budwieser; got a piece of that.
Nets; owns them.

he is out there in the business scheme of things; of Jay-Z's worth of 400 Million, i'd have to say more than 50% of it are for things other than his rapping.

my point, is Lupe would never make moves outside of the mic that Jay would, or never get offered; no matter what he drops, he isn't the icon or name of Jay-Z.

making sellout songs won't make Lupe a 400 Million dollar man, he'd be lucky to get a few million.

how much you think Wayne made off this top singles for his last album? def. not as much as you might think.

anyway, i don't follow Rock & couldn't name you one Bruce Springstein song, but i know that he's an icon; i hear about him all the time.

you don't just get that from not being on top of the world somehow.

i'm sure there is a line Lupe wouldn't cross, but if you held a 100 million dollar check in his face & told him to make the song; he'd make it, anybody would.

but rappers aren't making that with one major single or even entire album; labels don't pay that much.
No he wouldn't, he's living comfortably now

Not everybody is like you, willing to suck a dick for 100 million =/

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2010, 10:29:38 AM »
A couple of catchy crossover singles on his next album and I'm sure it would sell well. Sell like Jay-Z? Definately not.

That's a myth. Jayz doesn't sell that well. He's more famous for being famous than he is for making super hit albums. I'm not saying his albums are failures but they aren't moving usually unattainable numbers. He hasn't gone more than 3 platinum since Hard Knock Life (ten years ago), and that was 5 platinum. Don't make it sound like he's Eminem. 3x platinum for Em is a failure. Shit, Encore went 5 and they called it a flop. There's nothing about Lupe that tells me he can't go 3 to 5 platinum with the right album and promotion. 9 or 10 is another story. And Jay can't do that either. The difference is Jay tries like the devil to get it.

I'm aware of Jay's recent figures, I was reffering more to his past album sales. Remember, Jay came from a position with Reasonable Doubt where he was being super lyrical and not really moving units, he made the concious decision to sell-out. Lupe right now isn't in too different a position that Jay was in after his first couple of albums.