Author Topic: 50 cent concert cancelled in Holland because lack of sales  (Read 1033 times)

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 50 cent concert cancelled in Holland because lack of sales
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 03:15:28 PM »
I usually start to feel bad for artist when their careers start to fall, but I'm enjoying every second of this. Maybe he'll shut his big ass mouth now. And thank God that means no more dick suckin on radio from Whoo Kid and Yayo!

Love your posts man  ;D

wardy

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 03:39:54 PM »
isn't he charging something like £40 a ticket on his tour, im sure one of my mates said thats the price for his manchester show

MediumL

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 07:19:53 PM »
dunno he still managing to put on a show in the uk. Tbh he needs to switch up his image which i think he'll do for his next album
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2010, 07:22:41 PM »
50 been done since before curtis....
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2010, 07:28:59 PM »
I remember reading how ja's concerts were getting cancelled, dude fell off. Now it's happening to 50.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2010, 07:53:23 PM »
I dont think 50 will have a new home after this, no label would WANT to sign him as he has no buzz. and he doesnt need anymore songs like ''You should be dead''. Thats why he fell off in the first place - regurgatating the same shit over and over again
Gimme a break with that shit! No label? I doubt that.

Problem is the people needed to see 50 admit defeat and he's never given them that. As a rule, they build you up so they can watch you fall but 50's never been that guy. Truthfully, that's why I actually cheer for the guy. Will G-Unit ever be as big as it was when it was the top brand at Interscope? No, but where else can you go but down after that? I would't say the Ja comparison is valid either. 50 should have been done when Game jumped ship and did the G-Unot campaign but he still kept selling. His decline has been far more gradual. And he's still making plenty of money so what can you say really?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2010, 07:55:37 PM »
yeah but jimmy you cant deny his downfall not jus sales but the quality of muzik the label problems
everythin plays a role

if he repackaged his power of the dollar album and tried sellin it today it prolly sell more than curtis and bisd cuz that was the dope 50 and the dopest 50
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

juiced

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2010, 07:56:57 PM »
lol he sucks!!!

eNgIeS

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2010, 08:06:23 PM »
The reason I like to see this happening is because 50 was all out there ragging on every other artist, got angry at Game just coz he didnt wanna join his petty beef with D-Block Fat Joe and Nas.

I mean lucky dude has made his mega millions and probably has enough (unless he blows it all) to never worry about anything again), he was smart in that aspect that he got what he could get while he could.

But he sorta Ja Ruled himself over sanitized the market. And like Ja Rule, he'll never man up and admit defeat, thus lack of sympathy from public and fans to build a come back.

Eminem at least displays his vulnerability's which i think helps him as an artist. Even Game to an extent

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2010, 08:08:28 PM »
I honestly don't think his recent product is any worse than Massacre which was a dope album, minus a few cuts like candy shop.  I do agree that he needs to switch up his image, advance past gangsta, and his sound, explore a deeper side that he's afraid the public will reject (which is an odd analysis by him because the public loved Hate It or Love It which was personal and people want the full version of They Burn me).  

I don't think 50's career can't be revitalised.  The damage that's been done isn't any worse than what Jay-Z was put through with Nas.  He just needs an adopted sound and keep it moving.  

I also don't think he should have alienated Kanye West & Jay-Z because I could have easily seen them running shit but instead he did and Kanye jumped ship to the South.

But, by some of the posters comments, the trite but true statement stands people just love to hate on 50 Cent.

People say BISD sounds dated but if you listen to it and if you listen to how he's always talked about the album, it's supposed to sound this way.  He always marketed it as the album before Get Rich or Dying in atmosphere and content.  It's an artistic choice.  Is that hard to understand?  It obviously was a poor one made from a commercial perspective.  

The critics say he should go back to Power of the Dollar days yet they'll criticise him when he spits gangsta.  Y'all just come off as haters who have never like 50 cent's music.

Edit:
I also agree with some of the posts about him beefing too much.  He's got too much hate for other folks caking up.  He needs to let loose and cake up with them.  You can't always be on top and you'd think someone like 50 would know this. 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 08:11:24 PM by Action! »
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2010, 08:13:53 PM »
lol @ hatin 50....so when we listenin to power of the dollar and old 50 we arent haters but when we say bisd is wack and curtis is wack and t.o.s is wack we are haters
gtfoh wit that shit
50 changed dramatically gangsta or not

and how long is they burn me posed to be?
Cube

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2010, 08:35:18 PM »
lol @ hatin 50....so when we listenin to power of the dollar and old 50 we arent haters but when we say bisd is wack and curtis is wack and t.o.s is wack we are haters
gtfoh wit that shit

Yeah, but it's not wack.  It might not be the same quality as Power of the Dollar though I would argue the beats are superior despite his lyrics aren't being number one.  His flow is still on point even if he isn't as raw sounding. 

When I hear someone call something wack I put it into perspective of \the whole spectrum of hip-hop.  If 50's BISD is wack what is solja boy?  What's flocka flocka? 

Is it in ways a step down from his past efforts?  Yes, in ways.
It is repeating same ground?  Yeah, it is.

Is it wack?  No.

Wack = unlistenable, so bad, off flow, poor lyrics straight ass music
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2010, 08:40:04 PM »
to each is own but bisd is not lsitenable...maybe 1 song but thats terrible for such a big time artist
curits maybe a lil better but still not as good as anyone and everyone expected so it was a huge letdown
his mixtapes were much...MUCH BETTER THAN BOTH THOSE ALBUMS
he wants freedom, he hates the jews runnin the companies and tellin him what to do or how to make muzik
sides i dont care cuz im not buyin wack muzik and ill take all the dope stuff he makes
but he hasnt been dope for years on the retail market
so yeah it is wack, maybe not to you and everyone around southside,n 106 n park (as if they mean anythin to this world) many agree that its wack and many agree that hes been wack

edit***and wack flacka and gucci are much worse than 50 period....but thats sides the point
so id take power of the dollar over curtis, bisd and anythin wacka and gucci will ever do
bottomline it comes back to dope muzik...so you see where we come back to...when he was dope
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 08:47:39 PM by GET YOUR WALK ON »
Cube

Jimmy H.

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2010, 10:52:54 PM »
yeah but jimmy you cant deny his downfall not jus sales but the quality of muzik the label problems
everythin plays a role

if he repackaged his power of the dollar album and tried sellin it today it prolly sell more than curtis and bisd cuz that was the dope 50 and the dopest 50
I don't think the sales are reflective of the music quality though. BISD is probably his best album in awhile but it definitely wasn't his best-selling.

I doubt "Power of the Dollar" would sell. His upcoming "Greatest Hits" will do numbers because it's what the public is familiar with but "Power"? I don't think so.

Bananas

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2010, 11:02:08 PM »
gtfoh wit that shit

No, we're just music fans that track artists in the genre we like, if Power of the Dollar is cool than we like, if Curtis sucks dick, we don't. That's not being a "hater", that's NOT being a dickrider and supporting whatever bullshit one artists puts out because we like their album from 7 years ago.