Author Topic: Social Interaction  (Read 918 times)

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
Re: Social Interaction
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 06:35:36 PM »
yup internet has killed social interaction and its the reason life sucks now days.....

hahahaha maybe you should get off the internet, persian

well at work, im on internet all day to make the day go faster...but once i leave im not on...

2010-thefuture

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2010, 10:13:18 AM »
somebody has been staring into their empty coffee cup too long............

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010, 06:11:22 PM »
yup internet has killed social interaction and its the reason life sucks now days.....

people are boring and have short attention span, if u hang out with ur best buddy all day, after some hours u run out of shit to talk about.  so unless ur doing an activity, there isnt much to talk about.  same goes with dates and females, its hard to build a connection nowdays.   i dont like it, i used to be really social and happy, rite now im more into my own, im only social when im in a happy mood or if im drunk and having a good time.  i find myself avoiding people, even my own family, its hard for me to keep in touch with people or return their calls. 

this also the reaon MUSIC, MOVIES, TV SERIES also suck these days, theres no creativity and people want instant gratification

human race is headed to the dark ages my friends, THIS IS NOT GOOD!

nice read
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 09:06:33 PM »
The internet has also opened up communication with people around the world.  This board is a good example.  We have people from all parts of the United States, Canada, and many countries from Europe.  I'm sure there are cases where the discussions we have here could be similar to discussions we have among friends.  There are times where I'm talking with friends, and I bring up interesting bits of news that I've found online or through message boards. 

I'm not a big fan of going to clubs or whatever, but I really do enjoy going out with friends and meeting new people.  Also, I definitely interact with classmates sometimes it's forced because of a group project, but most of the time I've developed cool friendships just by being in different classes with the same people because of a Major.  It's good for you lol

If anyone really thinks that music, movies, tv series suck these days then they just need to look harder.  This year has been absolutely amazing for music on a personal taste.  And there are still albums coming by artists that I really like just a quick example....The National, Arcade Fire, and LCD Soundsystem are all releasing albums this year.  Movies, it's the same thing with music.  Although I must admit, 2009 and 2010 have been slow for movies but this past 00 decade where the internet really blew up has been strong as hell for movies.  Memento, Lord of the Rings, There Will Be Blood, No Country for Old Men, and a few others.  And TV series?  Oh man these past ten years have given us come absolutely amazing stuff.  The Sopranos, Mad Men, Deadwood, Breaking Bad, The Wire for Drama, these shows are fucking great.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 10:10:51 PM »
jav...alotta people are comparin nowadays muzik, tv, to before tho and how it was before which is a good/bad thing
back in the day it used to be dope and different and for the better
but nowadays its wackness so good thing is we can resort to those older songs, tv etc...
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2010, 11:29:38 PM »
jav...alotta people are comparin nowadays muzik, tv, to before tho and how it was before which is a good/bad thing
but nowadays its wackness so good thing is we can resort to those older songs, tv etc...

The quality of TV today is without a doubt way better than it was back in the day.  It's pretty hard to name a trio of shows better than The Sopranos, The Wire, and Mad Men. 

On the music side, the age of the internet has made it possible for a lot of bands to be successful on the small scale. That could be good or bad depending on who you're looking at.  Anyway, every year you experience highs and lows with music.  On a regular day basis, I listen to more music from 00s than any other decade.  So today's music isn't shitty and it can compete with the best of each decade. 

I fucking love films, and some of my all time favorite films are from recent years.  Pan's Labyrinth and There Will Be Blood come to find.  Of course you're not going to find a series of films as good as the 70s from Coppola/Scorsese but our generation's auteurs are geniuses.  Paul Thomas Anderson and Tarantino are going to continue making groundbreaking films.   

thisoneguy360

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2010, 09:25:02 AM »
You can get more done by yourself but overall I'd much rather be in a social situation than kicking it alone, any day.

2010-thefuture

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2010, 09:47:53 AM »
amen

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2010, 03:08:12 PM »

The quality of TV today is without a doubt way better than it was back in the day.  It's pretty hard to name a trio of shows better than The Sopranos, The Wire, and Mad Men. 

On the music side, the age of the internet has made it possible for a lot of bands to be successful on the small scale. That could be good or bad depending on who you're looking at.  Anyway, every year you experience highs and lows with music.  On a regular day basis, I listen to more music from 00s than any other decade.  So today's music isn't shitty and it can compete with the best of each decade. 

I fucking love films, and some of my all time favorite films are from recent years.  Pan's Labyrinth and There Will Be Blood come to find.  Of course you're not going to find a series of films as good as the 70s from Coppola/Scorsese but our generation's auteurs are geniuses.  Paul Thomas Anderson and Tarantino are going to continue making groundbreaking films.   

how old are u jav? 

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2010, 04:39:23 AM »

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2010, 01:24:42 PM »
damn jav your into this heavy dogg...lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2010, 03:37:07 PM »

kinda makes sense, u were too young during 90s and 80s

only advantage movies, music, etc...have to the past is technology so if ur into crazy graphics for movies and stuff yes right now is better but its the quality and stories that are redundant AND predictable.  Every movie pretty much i can predict whats going to happen, they recycle the same characters and stories in different movies.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2010, 03:42:34 PM »

kinda makes sense, u were too young during 90s and 80s

only advantage movies, music, etc...have to the past is technology so if ur into crazy graphics for movies and stuff yes right now is better but its the quality and stories that are redundant AND predictable.  Every movie pretty much i can predict whats going to happen, they recycle the same characters and stories in different movies.

Movies like City of God, Pan's Labyrinth, No Country for Old Men, There Will Be Blood, Memento, Traffic, Almost Famous, Talk to Her, The Royal Tenenbaums, Amelie, The Wrestler are all fucking great and don't rely on crazy graphics.  Some of these story lines weren't predictable at all.  It's not like I don't know the type of movies that were out there during the 90s and 80s to know what kind of quality films were done in that era. 

EDIT: Completely forgot about A History of Violence, Punch Drunk Love, Spirited Away
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 03:48:38 PM by Javier »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2010, 03:44:15 PM »
The 00's have been by far the best decade for TV drama.  Any fan of TV can tell you that.  

EDIT:  It's a bit insulting to say, "it kinda makes sense".  Each decade has its shitty films and great films.  I think people in general are just nostalgic and it's going to take a while for people to realize that this decade was fantastic in film making.  Years from now we're still going to be talking about Paul Thomas Anderson's There Will Be Blood and Daniel Day Lewis' performance in it.  Daniel Plainview is up there with other legendary characters like Travis Bickle, Don Corleone, Vito Corleone, Frank Gittes, and others. 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 03:54:47 PM by Javier »

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2010, 04:27:02 PM »
The 00's have been by far the best decade for TV drama.  Any fan of TV can tell you that.  

EDIT:  It's a bit insulting to say, "it kinda makes sense".  Each decade has its shitty films and great films.  I think people in general are just nostalgic and it's going to take a while for people to realize that this decade was fantastic in film making.  Years from now we're still going to be talking about Paul Thomas Anderson's There Will Be Blood and Daniel Day Lewis' performance in it.  Daniel Plainview is up there with other legendary characters like Travis Bickle, Don Corleone, Vito Corleone, Frank Gittes, and others. 

i agree with the drama series, back then they werent popular because they used to be movies, if u catch my drift...back then sitcoms were more popular where as now sitcoms are pure garbage.  Now the stuff u used to see in a movie has turned into tv series like a alot of cop and hospital stuff...

HBO, Show time series are a different thing, those things werent popular back then cuz those channels showed movies so now that movies are so bad and people dont watch them much, they create these shows and they are damn good, i like them, no complaining but its all due to bad films out there.  Sure there are good stuff this decade like the ones u mentioned but still doesnt change the fact that MAJORITY of stuff now days is pure garbage.  one more thing about the series on these channels, they're good cuz they can curse, show sex and whatever they want as opposed to regular tv that has to restrict it. 

also about the unpredictable outcome of movies, the trend i dont like in this day and age is that whatever is crazy, out of this world and unexpected is considered great....like lady gaga being all weird, so its like anyone can do something totally wacko and its considered art cuz it hastn been seen before or its not normal.  well thats not quality to me, maybe our different generation is what separates nostalgic people and people like u.  But i can hardly find a good music album that i can listen to more than a few times.  so to go back to the unpredictable outcomes, i dont like movies just do those things to be different, they didnt have to do that back then