Author Topic: HipHop Rapper Guru Is In A Coma  (Read 1038 times)

amber2323

HipHop Rapper Guru Is In A Coma
« on: February 28, 2010, 07:38:53 PM »
SOURCE:The Music Industry Report

According to many different sources, Hip-Hop Wired has acquired information that rapper Guru has fallen into a coma after suffering cardiac arrrest. Details right now remain very slim, but sources have stated that the news was broken by Guru’s sister.

Guru, who is a former member of the rap duo Gang Starr, is considered to be one of the pioneers of Hip-Hop/jazz crossovers. As more details are released, Hip-Hop Wired will continue to bring you all the information regarding the situation.

Our prayers go to Keith “Guru” Elam and his family.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: HipHop Rapper Guru Is In A Coma
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 07:40:28 PM »
damn thats crazy
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 07:42:01 PM »
 :-\

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 07:45:32 PM »
hope he comes out of it
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 07:49:48 PM »

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy

sofdark

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 08:22:19 PM »
Guru? dang, hope he makes it through cause he is a mad talent

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 08:22:53 PM »
whats the deal wit him and premo not bein down?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Al Bundy

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 10:21:33 PM »
damn what a bitch. i hope he pulls through.

Invincible

Guru of Gang Starr has heart attack and is in a coma.
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 02:21:21 AM »
One of Hip Hop's most influential emcees is presently in critical condition, several sources say. Guru, one half of pioneering '80s, '90s and '00s Brooklyn-based Hip Hop group Gang Starr suffered a heart attack this weekend, according to the emcee and producer's sister Tricia.

HipHopWired.com says that the emcee, born Keith Elam is presently in a coma from complications of going into cardiac arrest. Guru is best known for penning hits such as "Words I Manifest," "Discipline" and "Just To Get A Rep." Between 1986 and 2004, Guru (an acronym Gifted Unlimited Rhymes Universal) founded Gang Starr, a duo with DJ Premier that also includes Gang Starr Foundation affiliates Big Shug, Group Home, Jeru Da Damaja and Smiley Da Ghetto Child.

Born and raised in the Boston area, Guru relocated to Brooklyn in the late '80s, where Gang Starr released its first singles with 45 King as producer. By 1988, the group evolved as a duo with Premier, and released their 1989 full-length debut No More Mr. Nice Guy on Wild Pitch Records. The duo would go on to release classic albums on Chrysalis/Virgin/EMI, such as 1994's Hard To Earn and 1998's Moment Of Truth. Gang Starr's last album, 2003's The Ownerz featured Jadakiss, Fat Joe and longtime affiliate Freddie Foxxx. The platinum group toured the world and released several greatest hits collections, most notably Full Clip: A Decade Of Gang Starr in 1999. The duo announced their split in 2004, reportedly due to creative and personal differences.

As a solo artist, Guru released four volumes of Jazzmatazz, Jazz-inspired recordings with legendary genre artists such as Donald Byrd and Roy Ayers. Guru has launched two labels in his career, Ill Kid Records and 7Grand, where he and production partner Solar worked alongside artists such as Talib Kweli, Damian Marley and Jean Grae.

HipHopDX extends prayerful thoughts to one of our staff's most-respected emcees, the Elam family, Solar, DJ Premier and fans. We will keep you updated.

UPDATE: Miss Info confirms these reports with sources close to Guru. The emcee is presently in a New York hospital, awaiting surgery. DJ Eclipse spoke with DJ Premier, who also confirmed this. Premier was going to address the matter on Eclipse's Sirius Hip Hop Nation show, but later changed his decision.

NahRight.com has compiled Twitter reactions from notable artists including Jean Grae, ?uestlove, Royce Da 5'9" and Jay Electronica.

DX will continue to report on this.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.10731/title.gang-starrs-guru-goes-into-cardiac-arrest-in-a-coma

I kinow he's been acting like a dick recently but he doesn't deserve this.  :(

Elano

Re: Guru of Gang Starr has heart attack and is in a coma.
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 02:42:58 AM »
::)

Invincible

Re: Guru of Gang Starr has heart attack and is in a coma.
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 02:57:25 AM »
::)

No need for the eye rolling. He's been discrediting Premier recently, calling him an R&B producer. He's also been saying that he alone is Gang Starr.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 03:03:41 AM »
man wtf... my prays are with guru & everyone assocaited with them.  :-\

Okka

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 03:04:23 AM »
Damn that's messed up, i hope he comes out of it.