Author Topic: 2Pac/Bizzy Bone-Confessions  (Read 1366 times)

2euce 7even

2Pac/Bizzy Bone-Confessions
« on: March 01, 2010, 11:53:19 AM »
1.What´s The Music From 0:10 To 0:34?
I Assume It´s From The Godfather Cause There Are Some Versions On Youtube That Have "Godfather Main Theme" Melody Instead Of That One. Can Any1 Help Pls?

2.Is That Remix Fan Made?Who Put It Together?Where´s The Bizzy´s Verse From?Please Shed Some Light On That Track.

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
Re: 2Pac/Bizzy Bone-Confessions
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 12:22:49 PM »
I Assume It´s From The Godfather Cause There Are Some Versions On Youtube That Have "Godfather Main Theme" Melody Instead Of That One. Can Any1 Help Pls?

2.Is That Remix Fan Made?Who Put It Together?Where´s The Bizzy´s Verse From?Please Shed Some Light On That Track.

2. the remix was done by Johnny "J" (RIP), bizzy laid the verse especially for this. Johnny worked on the the beat because its an evolution to the Breathin`OG beat

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 12:30:24 PM »

2. the remix was done by Johnny "J" (RIP), bizzy laid the verse especially for this. Johnny worked on the the beat because its an evolution to the Breathin`OG beat

The track was suppose to be on Bizzy Bone's first solo album.

" Before the albums release Bizzy Bone released his track "Confessions" which featured original lyrics from Tupacs' unreleased demo for "Breathin'" provided by Afeni Shakur. He also released a song called "Life Goes On" on the radio, reflecting on both Tupac's death and his own life mentioning Sylk E Fyne who appeared on the original first cut of "Thug Luv" and introduced Tupac to Bizzy Bone only months before his death. "

" Two songs were taken of the album, delaying its' release, One features Tupac on a song called "Confessions", the other is unknown. Tomica (referred to as the Black Widow by Bizzy Bone) had several songs cut ("Yes Yes Ya'll", "Marchin On Washington") due to disses and unregistered samplings ("Roll Call", "Confessions"). "
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 12:46:55 PM »
do u got any of this songs??
how do u know that????

2euce 7even

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 02:17:30 PM »
how do u know that?

good q.

any1 know the violin-melody that plays before bizzy´s verse starts?

StevenQBosell

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 02:28:44 PM »
One of Johnny J's tightest beats... didn't know that tomica Wright shit, good info

JohnnyL

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 02:33:29 PM »
how do u know that????

Bizzy Bone actually bitches about it in the liner notes to "Heaven'z Movie."  A shortened version of "Marching on Washington" still made it to the album, but it's extremely truncated.  To me it never made sense to leave it on there. Because even though it sounds like it would have been a good song, they just fade it out right as it really starts to get going.  The finished product sounds like it it was made as a snippet to go on a sampler for "Heaven'z Movie" rather than the actual album.
 Regarding, "Confessions" (aka "Breathin'), I think it must have used a sample from a Seals and Crofts song, because he mentions them by name, in the liner notes as the ones who made him take a song off his album by not clearing a sample.  I have to admit though, that I'm not very familiar with their music, so I can't say that with certainty.  I'm thinking the removal of "Confessions" must have come fairly late in the process of recording "Heaven's Movie" too, as it had already made it to radio.  In fact, the original leak of the song on the internet was a radio rip. From Power 106 (?) if I'm not mistaken.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 02:35:04 PM by JohnnyL »

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 08:46:14 PM »
Regarding, "Confessions" (aka "Breathin'), I think it must have used a sample from a Seals and Crofts song, because he mentions them by name, in the liner notes as the ones who made him take a song off his album by not clearing a sample.  I have to admit though, that I'm not very familiar with their music, so I can't say that with certainty.  I'm thinking the removal of "Confessions" must have come fairly late in the process of recording "Heaven's Movie" too, as it had already made it to radio.  In fact, the original leak of the song on the internet was a radio rip. From Power 106 (?) if I'm not mistaken.
I think the Seals and Croft song was called "Summer Breeze" (I don't remember exactly, but I remember how the song goes because my dad used to bump it when I was younger back in the day), and it's a less obvious sample than what we're used to spotting aurally when hearing the originals.

From what I remember, Confessions was never played over the radio--you must be thinking of Bizzy Bone's version of Life Goes On, which did indeed have Power 106 (of Southern California) tags on it.

StevenQBosell

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 09:19:03 PM »
I think Seals and Croft may have wrote it, and the sample was from either them or the Isley bros... (Mygla put me up on that sample, a while ago...)

Summer breeze

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 09:29:26 PM »
^ And they copied it from Seals and Croft.

2euce 7even

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 05:31:17 AM »
What´s The Music From 0:10 To 0:34?

JohnnyL

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 01:45:32 PM »
I think the Seals and Croft song was called "Summer Breeze" (I don't remember exactly, but I remember how the song goes because my dad used to bump it when I was younger back in the day), and it's a less obvious sample than what we're used to spotting aurally when hearing the originals.

From what I remember, Confessions was never played over the radio--you must be thinking of Bizzy Bone's version of Life Goes On, which did indeed have Power 106 (of Southern California) tags on it.

You're definitely right about "Life Goes On" being premiered on the radio. I remember that as well.  But I could swear the original version of "Confessions" that I used to have (which was in pretty crappy sound quality) was a radio rip as well. If I remember right Bizzy Bone even introduced the track as being from his album, "Heaven'z Movie."  I'm less sure about which radio station it was that played it, but I was thinking Power 106.  Maybe I still have it.  If I find it, I'll try to post it.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 02:17:46 PM »
You're definitely right about "Life Goes On" being premiered on the radio. I remember that as well.  But I could swear the original version of "Confessions" that I used to have (which was in pretty crappy sound quality) was a radio rip as well. If I remember right Bizzy Bone even introduced the track as being from his album, "Heaven'z Movie."  I'm less sure about which radio station it was that played it, but I was thinking Power 106.  Maybe I still have it.  If I find it, I'll try to post it.
I also remember the original leaks of Confessions being in really bad quality, obviously ripped from a cassette.  I don't ever remember hearing any Power 106 tags on any rip of it, as I doubt the song would've been aired on the radio, with the expletives that it had.  I could be wrong, but I think I would've remembered tags or not, since I was always a huge fan of bone Pac and Bone Thugs, and was active within both online communities posting up news about the song.

JohnnyL

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 04:16:02 PM »
I also remember the original leaks of Confessions being in really bad quality, obviously ripped from a cassette.  I don't ever remember hearing any Power 106 tags on any rip of it, as I doubt the song would've been aired on the radio, with the expletives that it had.  I could be wrong, but I think I would've remembered tags or not, since I was always a huge fan of bone Pac and Bone Thugs, and was active within both online communities posting up news about the song.

I don't remember for sure if it was Power 106.  I was thinking it was, but I couldn't swear to it.  If I remember the situation correctly, Bizzy appeared on some radio show, and brought the song with him to premier it.  I don't believe it was a situation where the song was being treated like a radio single or anything like that.  I can't remember if they bleeped it or not though.  Does anyone else besides me remember this?  I'm guessing this had to be sometime before October of '98.  There was a forum back in those days called "Dark Thug and Loco's Bone Board."  I believe this version of the song was posted on that board, way back when.  I mean, I guess there's a chance I'm remembering it wrong.  It was about 12 years ago. But I could have swore I remember this. lol  Anyway, if i can find this version of the song, I'll up it. 

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 05:19:57 PM »
I remember that board... I believe that's where I used to post.  (Remember Wasteland Lyrics?)  Anyway, they had posted a few short clips of low-quality radio rips, with the major breakthrough at the time being a two-minute clip from the start through most of Pac's verse.