Author Topic: 2Pac/Bizzy Bone-Confessions  (Read 1365 times)

2euce 7even

Re: 2Pac/Bizzy Bone-Confessions
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2010, 02:21:31 AM »
the main reasin why i made this topic was:

to find out what the violin melody @ tha start is but yall keep talkin about who heard it on the radio first :(

StevenQBosell

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2010, 02:40:11 AM »
You're definitely right about "Life Goes On" being premiered on the radio. I remember that as well.  But I could swear the original version of "Confessions" that I used to have (which was in pretty crappy sound quality) was a radio rip as well. If I remember right Bizzy Bone even introduced the track as being from his album, "Heaven'z Movie."  I'm less sure about which radio station it was that played it, but I was thinking Power 106.  Maybe I still have it.  If I find it, I'll try to post it.
I also remember the original leaks of Confessions being in really bad quality, obviously ripped from a cassette.  I don't ever remember hearing any Power 106 tags on any rip of it, as I doubt the song would've been aired on the radio, with the expletives that it had.  I could be wrong, but I think I would've remembered tags or not, since I was always a huge fan of bone Pac and Bone Thugs, and was active within both online communities posting up news about the song.

I don't remember for sure if it was Power 106.  I was thinking it was, but I couldn't swear to it.  If I remember the situation correctly, Bizzy appeared on some radio show, and brought the song with him to premier it.  I don't believe it was a situation where the song was being treated like a radio single or anything like that.  I can't remember if they bleeped it or not though.  Does anyone else besides me remember this?  I'm guessing this had to be sometime before October of '98.  There was a forum back in those days called "Dark Thug and Loco's Bone Board."  I believe this version of the song was posted on that board, way back when.  I mean, I guess there's a chance I'm remembering it wrong.  It was about 12 years ago. But I could have swore I remember this. lol  Anyway, if i can find this version of the song, I'll up it.  

Maybe it was 92.3 The Beat, or 100.3 the Beat before they switched over.... If I recall properly, 92.3 hd just as many big stars on their station as Power did in that mid 90's heyday. I remmber Theo having a crazy interview with Warren G on my way home from school once... As a matter of fact Power and The beat should archive some of those interviews, those are timeless...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 02:41:58 AM by StevenQBosell »

2euce 7even

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 05:00:12 AM »

to find out what the violin melody @ tha start is but yall keep talkin about who heard it on the radio first :(

JohnnyL

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 06:27:18 AM »

Point taken.  We are getting a little off topic.  I think someone else asked how people knew about Bizzy having to remove songs from "Heaven'z Movie."  In trying to answer that person's question, I brought up the radio rip to illustrate how close I believe "Confessions" got to actually appearing on the album. From there though, I think is where everyone, myself included, started going off topic.
 Unfortunately, I'm not able to give you a good answer for your question.  Personally, it sounds to me like the intro uses a piece of music that was made to sound like music from "The Godfather," rather than an actual sample from "The Godfather."  That's purely a guess though. 

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 09:27:24 AM »

The VERY first rip of Confessions did have sample the Godfather almost exactly, though the later leaked versions (which we have now in much better quality) had different intro music that was Godfather inspired but not really a sample.  I'm guessing that in the process of trying to actually get it cleared for retail release, they may have run into difficulty with that particular one, so they switched it up... kind of like how in movies or whatever that spoof other things, they have music that sounds like what they're trying to copy, but it's not exactly a clone of it.  For example, throw on Half Baked, and when it shows Chappelle's dog flying through the air, it has background music that isn't exactly the Superman theme, but it reminds you of it.

2euce 7even

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 10:05:52 AM »

The VERY first rip of Confessions did have sample the Godfather almost exactly, though the later leaked versions (which we have now in much better quality) had different intro music that was Godfather inspired but not really a sample.  I'm guessing that in the process of trying to actually get it cleared for retail release, they may have run into difficulty with that particular one, so they switched it up... kind of like how in movies or whatever that spoof other things, they have music that sounds like what they're trying to copy, but it's not exactly a clone of it.  For example, throw on Half Baked, and when it shows Chappelle's dog flying through the air, it has background music that isn't exactly the Superman theme, but it reminds you of it.

lol i got cha but what´s the music?name of it?i heard it´s from tha godfather?

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 11:11:57 AM »
Isn't it just called the "Godfather Theme"?  Go on amazon or iTunes and check the soundtrack to listen to clips if there is a specific name.

2euce 7even

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 11:21:42 AM »
Isn't it just called the "Godfather Theme"?  Go on amazon or iTunes and check the soundtrack to listen to clips if there is a specific name.

listen to the utube link that i posted.it aint the "godfather theme"

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2010, 02:09:39 PM »
^ You didn't post any links.

Like I said, the FIRST leak of Confessions did use the actual Godfather theme.  The later ones were changed, and it is a Godfather THEMED piece that perhaps Johnny J made himself.

JohnnyL

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010, 02:25:18 PM »

Like I said, the FIRST leak of Confessions did use the actual Godfather theme.  The later ones were changed, and it is a Godfather THEMED piece that perhaps Johnny J made himself.

That was my guess as well...something that Johnny J came up with.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 04:34:12 PM »
^ Which is likely, since it would probably cost a lot for them to get the sample cleared.

2euce 7even

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2010, 12:01:03 AM »

lol my bad.

hear it here. starts at 0:18

2euce 7even

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2010, 06:35:55 AM »

lol my bad.

hear it here. starts at 0:18

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2010, 08:44:57 AM »
Again, it's probably just something that Johnny J made himself based on the Godfather theme.  There's no name for it.

V2DHeart

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2010, 02:23:36 PM »
Isley Brother samples don't cost an awful lot of money to clear. They are one of the most sampled bands in the world, especially in Hip Hop, and in 2001 it would be far cheaper than what they are now
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>