Author Topic: Where is...Bishop Lamont?  (Read 3109 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Where is...Bishop Lamont?
« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2010, 09:10:42 AM »
Basically, Rebel, you're saying Aftermath/Interscope & Bishop Lamont couldn't agree on an artist deal so he was at a dead end, sitting on the shelf.  No one would promote his material or support him the way he wanted and he wasn't generating enough interest they way they wanted so they parted ways.  Because he can't be caked off of, since he's no longer an artist there, and a possible minor falling out with Dr.Dre he won't be heavily featured on a possible Detox album but according to unnamed sources he's still "working" on Detox in some fashion.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2010, 11:14:00 AM »
^true but isn't it safe to say that Bishop won't be featured as much as it was once planned?

Absolutely. I mean he may not be featured at all anymore. All I know is that he's still "working on it", whatever that means. Atleast that's what I have been told.

And you're 100% correct, Bishop is still contributing to Detox.

Source ?

And Rebel I know that's not the only way, but given the way Bishop left things with Aftermath (rumored not on good terms) and his pretty much non existing career since, wouldn't him still being involved on Detox something worth promoting ? Or maybe he's got a terrible p.r.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2010, 03:28:11 PM »
^true but isn't it safe to say that Bishop won't be featured as much as it was once planned?

Absolutely. I mean he may not be featured at all anymore. All I know is that he's still "working on it", whatever that means. Atleast that's what I have been told.

Source ?

And Rebel I know that's not the only way, but given the way Bishop left things with Aftermath (rumored not on good terms) and his pretty much non existing career since, wouldn't him still being involved on Detox something worth promoting ? Or maybe he's got a terrible p.r.

its not like anyone else rumored to be involved in detox has a career (stat quo, slim the mobster, etc)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2010, 03:51:52 PM »
if you name the five best West Coast albums in the last five years & didn't consider "The Confessional" at all, you needa get your head checked lol.

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2010, 04:42:57 PM »
I don't believe that he's working on Detox. I mean he would have written something on Twitter, or be pictured with Dre in that 100 pics we've seen with a shitload of artists. Or one of the close writer (Game, Hayes, Stat, Slim, Dready, Busta..) would have said something.

lol. maybe he's not a stand or just not riding Dre's nuts like Game. People work with Dre all the time and don't post no pics.  ::)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2010, 04:58:03 PM »
Basically, Rebel, you're saying Aftermath/Interscope & Bishop Lamont couldn't agree on an artist deal so he was at a dead end, sitting on the shelf.  No one would promote his material or support him the way he wanted and he wasn't generating enough interest they way they wanted so they parted ways.  Because he can't be caked off of, since he's no longer an artist there, and a possible minor falling out with Dr.Dre he won't be heavily featured on a possible Detox album but according to unnamed sources he's still "working" on Detox in some fashion.

Uuh... No. I never said any of that, lol. Where did you get that from?

Source ?

Or maybe he's just not talking about it publicaly, lol.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2010, 05:44:29 PM »
But why not ? It makes no sense. You've got vets like Cube, Snoop, Xzibit, Kurupt talking about working on Detox as soon as they leave the studio and you're telling me that some unknown is like "fuck that, I'm not an attention whore". Yeah right.

And PresidentUP it's hard to take your opinion seriously since you're obviously biased as hell (Game vs. 50 rings a bell ?)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2010, 06:11:05 PM »

Well, I shouldn't say you. That's how I view the situation if it's true he's working on Detox.  Or, you've got bad information because something isn't added up.  Bishop left/dropped/released from aftermath and still works on detox?  umm.... stat's situation is different than bishop's...whatever!

this kind of speculation is stupid.  i feel stupid contributing to this.  as long as bishop is mia i don't care if he's working for detox or not
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2010, 08:50:14 PM »
if you name the five best West Coast albums mixtape in the last five years & didn't consider "The Confessional" at all, you needa get your head checked lol.

I'll buy this

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2010, 09:18:44 AM »
if you name the five best West Coast albums mixtape in the last five years & didn't consider "The Confessional" at all, you needa get your head checked lol.

I'll buy this

it was more of a street album than a mixtape.

all original beats; bangers at that. 8)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2010, 10:08:39 AM »
But why not ? It makes no sense. You've got vets like Cube, Snoop, Xzibit, Kurupt talking about working on Detox as soon as they leave the studio and you're telling me that some unknown is like "fuck that, I'm not an attention whore". Yeah right.

I don't know why not. I don't know the details of the situation. All I am doing is answering the thread starter's question with the information I have recieved. Do I personaly believe it? Sure. The source is extremely close and hands-on in the situation and has given more much info over the years which I have shared with you all. If you don't believe me than just say you don't. It's not like I'm starting a thread marking this as exclusive news- since I can't reveal a source with this right now.

Well, I shouldn't say you. That's how I view the situation if it's true he's working on Detox.  Or, you've got bad information because something isn't added up.  Bishop left/dropped/released from aftermath and still works on detox?

Rakim, Busta Rhymes, Joell Ortiz and Stat Quo have all worked with Dre on DETOX after their departure from the label. How would Bishop's situation be any different?

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2010, 10:16:53 AM »

Source ?

I know people who are in the studio with Dr. Dre in almost every session. Anything you hear from Rebel is 100% legit. Him and I have different people, but I trust what Rebel has to say because he knows the score like I do.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2010, 10:40:36 AM »
Coo. I'm gonna remain a skeptic because I see absolutely no logic reason why he would keep it quiet but... that's my problem.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2010, 10:46:46 AM »
Coo. I'm gonna remain a skeptic because I see absolutely no logic reason why he would keep it quiet but... that's my problem.

That's understandable.

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2010, 10:52:25 AM »
I heard he drove to Mexico to get a full sex change operation, tits and all that. He's trying to break through as a female rapper as soon as the swelling eases and bruises disappear.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>