Author Topic: Where is...Bishop Lamont?  (Read 3049 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Where is...Bishop Lamont?
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2010, 11:45:26 AM »
if you name the five best West Coast albums mixtape in the last five years & didn't consider "The Confessional" at all, you needa get your head checked lol.

I'll buy this

it was more of a street album than a mixtape.

all original beats; bangers at that. 8)

yeah but some sick west coast albums have dropped in the last five years, as long as you look outside ex-death row and new west artists. It wouldn't be in my top 5.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2010, 12:14:09 PM »
I heard he drove to Mexico to get a full sex change operation, tits and all that. He's trying to break through as a female rapper as soon as the swelling eases and bruises disappear.
haha damn

cowboy1

• 'G'
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2010, 12:16:10 PM »
if anythang he recorded or wrote fo detox ends up on it i think it be older songs doubt hes doing anythang now with d.r.e.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2010, 01:13:10 PM »
I heard he drove to Mexico to get a full sex change operation, tits and all that. He's trying to break through as a female rapper as soon as the swelling eases and bruises disappear.
wrong mc that was chalk hamlet aka sonic the rapper  ;D yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

cowboy1

• 'G'
« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2010, 01:49:52 PM »
wrong mc that was chalk hamlet aka sonic the rapper  ;D yell

yea wth waz up with dat? charles hamilton was trying to be a female rapper or sum shit ???

Jaydc

« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2010, 02:43:09 PM »
That was the rumour but Ive seen nothing to back it up,no songs or no pictures lol.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2010, 04:31:43 PM »
if you name the five best West Coast albums mixtape in the last five years & didn't consider "The Confessional" at all, you needa get your head checked lol.

I'll buy this

it was more of a street album than a mixtape.

all original beats; bangers at that. 8)

yeah but some sick west coast albums have dropped in the last five years, as long as you look outside ex-death row and new west artists. It wouldn't be in my top 5.

yeah, you're right; i'm just trippin' lol.

but point being, it was a good ass album. 8)

Jaydc

« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2010, 04:52:16 PM »
Ill agree with both of you.While it was too good to be considered just another mixtape,it wasnt in top 5,top 10 possibly though.It really was a solid album.The production vvalue of that music was way beyond a mixtape,it was better then most albums.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2010, 08:08:19 PM »
But why not ? It makes no sense. You've got vets like Cube, Snoop, Xzibit, Kurupt talking about working on Detox as soon as they leave the studio and you're telling me that some unknown is like "fuck that, I'm not an attention whore". Yeah right.

I don't know why not. I don't know the details of the situation. All I am doing is answering the thread starter's question with the information I have recieved. Do I personaly believe it? Sure. The source is extremely close and hands-on in the situation and has given more much info over the years which I have shared with you all. If you don't believe me than just say you don't. It's not like I'm starting a thread marking this as exclusive news- since I can't reveal a source with this right now.

Basically, Rebel, you're saying Aftermath/Interscope & Bishop Lamont couldn't agree on an artist deal so he was at a dead end, sitting on the shelf.  No one would promote his material or support him the way he wanted and he wasn't generating enough interest they way they wanted so they parted ways.  Because he can't be caked off of, since he's no longer an artist there, and a possible minor falling out with Dr.Dre he won't be heavily featured on a possible Detox album but according to unnamed sources he's still "working" on Detox in some fashion.

Uuh... No. I never said any of that, lol. Where did you get that from?

Well, I shouldn't say you. That's how I view the situation if it's true he's working on Detox.  Or, you've got bad information because something isn't added up.  Bishop left/dropped/released from aftermath and still works on detox?

Rakim, Busta Rhymes, Joell Ortiz and Stat Quo have all worked with Dre on DETOX after their departure from the label. How would Bishop's situation be any different?

My assumption which is wrong for me to do is that him leaving Aftermath was a reflection of a falling out between him, Dre, and others unlike Stat Quo, Busta, and Ortiz.  Rakim just had creative differences and that was always the answer.  Unlike Bishop Lamont who's been sourrounded by negative controversy concerning his departure.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Psychotik

• 'G'
« Reply #129 on: April 27, 2010, 01:55:09 PM »
im sure Bishop is out there working. being dropped from aftermath is not the end of the world. saw this video yesterday, and guess what? Bishop is in it.
heres the link>>>

Prof@ssor

« Reply #130 on: April 27, 2010, 02:11:59 PM »
50's album was whack and didn't sell shit...Dre doesn't fuck with him no more...

Now, Game's album appears to be trash too. So imagine if Dre wouldn't fuck with Game no more if the sales are bad (which probably will be the case)...

He would sign....

Bishop again?

Hahahahaha that won't happen but would be really funny though......and then Bishop's dope album would come out, but wouldn't sell shit.... and then Hayes would become Bishop number 2...and the Aftermath saga continues rofl  8)

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2010, 02:21:48 PM »
50's album was whack and didn't sell shit...Dre doesn't fuck with him no more...

Now, Game's album appears to be trash too. So imagine if Dre wouldn't fuck with Game no more if the sales are bad (which probably will be the case)...

He would sign....

Bishop again?

Hahahahaha that won't happen but would be really funny though......and then Bishop's dope album would come out, but wouldn't sell shit.... and then Hayes would become Bishop number 2...and the Aftermath saga continues rofl  8)

^^ all that shit is true! sad :'( but true!
if 50's album didn't sell well i don't balme 50 he has his status. i blame Interscope/"Aftermath" & who ever was in control at the end of the day of what ended up on the album, that could be partly 50's fault as well. i just want MUSIC!  8)
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #132 on: April 27, 2010, 02:32:30 PM »

He would sign....

Bishop again?

man that 50 album was knot y'all trip'n, save for a couple of songs like that old school gangsta boogie or whatever it was called and that i got swag bullshit that shit was hard yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2010, 03:10:43 PM »
Hayes is wack as fuck, makes Bishop lame ass seem like Rakim
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2010, 03:22:52 PM »
I wouldn't think Dre is done with 50. His sales might suck compared to a few years ago, but that's the case for everyone. Its not like there's more than a few rappers who can outsell him in this industry.