Author Topic: The Official World Cup South Africa 2010 Discussion Thread  (Read 14376 times)

Lunatic

Re: The Official World Cup South Africa 2010 Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 02:47:25 PM »
People say Brazil's group is up there, but I think Ivory Coast won't do shit.  They're trying to find a new coach, and just been struggling overall to play as a team.  North Korea is a joke, that's just easy for Brazil and Portugal to pass through IMO.  
I hope we advance as easy as u think we will  ;)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 02:48:17 PM »
What is everyone's favorite group to watch?  I have to go with Group H.  Of course Spain will come out victorious in that group, but the 2nd place spot is going to be very interesting I believe.  Chile has a fantastic young squad with Bielsa as their coach.  Honduras always goes toe-to-toe against with U.S. and Mexico, so these guys can play pretty solid.  I don't know much about Switzerland, but being an European team odds are they're better than Chile and Honduras.  Still though, I feel that Chile and Honduras can compete with most european teams.  

The other group is Group A.  I'm not saying this because I'll be rooting for Mexico (also rooting for the U.S., well not win it all just root for them both to play great lol) but although France is a power house team, I think Uruguay and Mexico can hang with them.  South Africa although from what I hear is a really weak team, they'll be having home field advantage (ref wise mainly) could make things interesting.  

People say Brazil's group is up there, but I think Ivory Coast won't do shit.  They're trying to find a new coach, and just been struggling overall to play as a team.  North Korea is a joke, that's just easy for Brazil and Portugal to pass through IMO.  

I know where you coming from mate but a team with the best centre forward in the world (bar maybe Torres) is gonna be dangerous. They're there on merit and did alright in 2006 as well.
NO MORE WAR

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2010, 02:49:17 PM »
If England were to win it, they'd probably get the 'the rest of the competition was weak, some of the teams are not as good as they used to be so that was why you won it' bullshit and the country would still complain.

Never mind that, you won't have to worry about that happening anyway. ;D
NO MORE WAR

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2010, 02:51:04 PM »
What is everyone's favorite group to watch?  I have to go with Group H.  Of course Spain will come out victorious in that group, but the 2nd place spot is going to be very interesting I believe.  Chile has a fantastic young squad with Bielsa as their coach.  Honduras always goes toe-to-toe against with U.S. and Mexico, so these guys can play pretty solid.  I don't know much about Switzerland, but being an European team odds are they're better than Chile and Honduras.  Still though, I feel that Chile and Honduras can compete with most european teams.  

The other group is Group A.  I'm not saying this because I'll be rooting for Mexico (also rooting for the U.S., well not win it all just root for them both to play great lol) but although France is a power house team, I think Uruguay and Mexico can hang with them.  South Africa although from what I hear is a really weak team, they'll be having home field advantage (ref wise mainly) could make things interesting.  

I know where you coming from mate but a team with the best centre forward in the world (bar maybe Torres) is gonna be dangerous. They're there on merit and did alright in 2006 as well.

That's true, but I think it's going to be even more difficult with the fact that their first two games are Portugal then Brazil. 

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2010, 03:24:11 PM »
I think Carvalho & Alves will hold Drogba in the middle
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 09:10:07 AM »
Personally I love watching Argentina play. I know theyre awful under Maradona and he couldnt manage his own toilet breaks nevermind a football team, but their players are always engrossing to watch in the big games.

I think despite their poor qualifying campaign they could be dark horses.

Realistically though I still think Brazil will win it in the end but Spain are definitely close contenders.

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 09:20:27 AM »
spain england argentina any of those 3 an im good

Trip Dee

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2010, 10:11:29 AM »
i gotta go with Duke - Brazil or Spain.

too bad Ivory Coast has a tough group again, no luck, there were fightin like crazy last time, i held my thumbs for them...

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2010, 11:18:27 AM »
Im looking forward to watching some great football, im not looking forward to England getting over hyped and then the backlash when england go out.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2010, 05:46:46 AM »
At the moment, things don't look too bright for Germany. Many players are out of form and the fucking internal affairs. But in 98 days things can be completely different.

Spain has the best team in the world without a doubt, if they don't choke again they should win it. But the South Americans usually win the world cups outside Europe, so Brazil is up there as well.
Even if Argentinia won against us and played really disciplined, I still think they won't do shit with this joke as a coach. Same goes for France, they're the weakest of the big nations.
Hard to say how strong Italy is atm, it lokks like they lost quality over the years, but you always have to count them in.
So who's left? Engalnd and Netherlands. Both have strong teams, but we all know they always fail. But with Capello Engalnd might be dangerous.

I don't think the African teams'll be succesful. I followed the Africa cup and was quite disappointed about them. Nigeria and Cameroon are a joke (but Cameroon has a fair chance to advsnce because they have a weak group). Ghana was ok considering the fact that nearly all big players were missing, but their u20 world cup generation is way too young.
Ivory Coast of course has the best team, but their Africa cup performances Bazil and Portugal don't have to worry. But if Hiddink signs with them... 8)
England beat  Egypt who've won the Africa cup 3 times in a row, so the African team can't be that strong....

Damn I'm so excited

« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 05:51:11 AM by not decided yet »

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2010, 06:28:17 AM »
1. Spain
2. Argentina
3. Brazil

Funnily enough those are my predictions to win it as well as my favoured teams to win it

Countries I'd like to see win it who don't really have a chance:

1. USA
2. Mexico

Countries I'd least like to see win it:

1. England

That's it...
NO MORE WAR

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2010, 10:36:08 AM »
what's more interesting than who wins it is the question how many people are gonna get killed, robbed, shot and stabbed?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2010, 02:31:50 PM »
I might be going to South Africa this summer, but I don't know how good the chances are.
I'll be rooting for Brazil, Italy, and all the African nations.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2010, 09:53:39 AM »
thanks for making it a sticky guys

world cup is always exciting but some of the big names arent doing so well, like world champs italy, england and portugal so it makes it easier for spain and brazil.  I really hope spain does good cuz they always manage to choke somehow, i would be happy to see a new winner.  I really dont want brazil to win it, they already have 5 and the next world cup is in brazil so if they win this and the next then it'll be a long time before anyone catches them. 

as everyone knows argentina has one of the best squads but we all know maradona is smokin some good shit so they wont go far probably

italy has good players but no chemistry yet and Lippi is a bit stubborn

USA- England will be great to watch, especially if US wins, the english will be super pissed :D

Invincible

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2010, 11:52:43 AM »
thanks for making it a sticky guys

world cup is always exciting but some of the big names arent doing so well, like world champs italy, england and portugal so it makes it easier for spain and brazil.  I really hope spain does good cuz they always manage to choke somehow, i would be happy to see a new winner.  I really dont want brazil to win it, they already have 5 and the next world cup is in brazil so if they win this and the next then it'll be a long time before anyone catches them. 

as everyone knows argentina has one of the best squads but we all know maradona is smokin some good shit so they wont go far probably

italy has good players but no chemistry yet and Lippi is a bit stubborn

USA- England will be great to watch, especially if US wins, the english will be super pissed :D

England aren't playing poorly at all. 9 wins out of 10 in the group stage says it all.