Author Topic: The Official World Cup South Africa 2010 Discussion Thread  (Read 14361 times)

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
Re: The Official World Cup South Africa 2010 Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2010, 04:39:49 PM »
thanks for making it a sticky guys

world cup is always exciting but some of the big names arent doing so well, like world champs italy, england and portugal so it makes it easier for spain and brazil.  I really hope spain does good cuz they always manage to choke somehow, i would be happy to see a new winner.  I really dont want brazil to win it, they already have 5 and the next world cup is in brazil so if they win this and the next then it'll be a long time before anyone catches them. 

as everyone knows argentina has one of the best squads but we all know maradona is smokin some good shit so they wont go far probably

italy has good players but no chemistry yet and Lippi is a bit stubborn

USA- England will be great to watch, especially if US wins, the english will be super pissed :D

England aren't playing poorly at all. 9 wins out of 10 in the group stage says it all.

hehe sure most of the big name teams have good records in group stages, thats the only way they make it out...but how will they perform against good teams and world cup is a different story.  Overall England has fallen off the dangerous teams list sort of, they havent gone far in a very long time.  Remember they missed euro 2008 not too long ago. 

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2010, 11:25:05 AM »
thanks for making it a sticky guys

world cup is always exciting but some of the big names arent doing so well, like world champs italy, england and portugal so it makes it easier for spain and brazil.  I really hope spain does good cuz they always manage to choke somehow, i would be happy to see a new winner.  I really dont want brazil to win it, they already have 5 and the next world cup is in brazil so if they win this and the next then it'll be a long time before anyone catches them. 

as everyone knows argentina has one of the best squads but we all know maradona is smokin some good shit so they wont go far probably

italy has good players but no chemistry yet and Lippi is a bit stubborn

USA- England will be great to watch, especially if US wins, the english will be super pissed :D

England aren't playing poorly at all. 9 wins out of 10 in the group stage says it all.

hehe sure most of the big name teams have good records in group stages, thats the only way they make it out...but how will they perform against good teams and world cup is a different story.  Overall England has fallen off the dangerous teams list sort of, they havent gone far in a very long time.  Remember they missed euro 2008 not too long ago. 

I personally think the england side is overrated but they do have some very good players and an exceptional manager. 2008 was down to McClaren who was clueless.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2010, 04:57:18 PM »
I personally think the england side is overrated but they do have some very good players and an exceptional manager. 2008 was down to McClaren who was clueless.

I agree with all of that.

It would be foolish to say that England couldn't win the WC, hell Greece was Euro 2004. Not trying to be a dick and comparing England's 2010 chances to Greece's 2004 chances but they CAN win it.

That being said I can't see England having a strong enough ELEVEN to beat a team like Spain or Argentina or Brazil. And they will have to probably beat at least 2 outta 3 of them if they are to win it all.

No matter how good Wazza is at the moment, I can't see him carrying England to glory which is what will need to happen imho.
NO MORE WAR

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2010, 09:48:26 AM »

I agree with all of that.

It would be foolish to say that England couldn't win the WC, hell Greece was Euro 2004. Not trying to be a dick and comparing England's 2010 chances to Greece's 2004 chances but they CAN win it.

That being said I can't see England having a strong enough ELEVEN to beat a team like Spain or Argentina or Brazil. And they will have to probably beat at least 2 outta 3 of them if they are to win it all.

No matter how good Wazza is at the moment, I can't see him carrying England to glory which is what will need to happen imho.

Nor can i, plus a couple of injuries to key players will show up how weak the squad really is.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2010, 05:02:46 PM »
i just hope anyone wins besides brazil...they're already hosting 2014 so thats a good chance they're going to win that.  If they win this as well then they'll have a total of 7 with italy trailing them with 4, it'll kill competition for any other team to catch up. 

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2010, 01:57:16 AM »
i just hope anyone wins besides brazil...they're already hosting 2014 so thats a good chance they're going to win that.  If they win this as well then they'll have a total of 7 with italy trailing them with 4, it'll kill competition for any other team to catch up. 

That's a bit presumptious marking them down to win the next 2 world cups before a ball's even kicked.

I get what you're saying tho.

That being said, I don't think anyone will be surpassing Real Madrid anytime soon and I don't think that way about the Champions League.
NO MORE WAR

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2010, 10:13:32 AM »

That's a bit presumptious marking them down to win the next 2 world cups before a ball's even kicked.

That being said, I don't think anyone will be surpassing Real Madrid anytime soon and I don't think that way about the Champions League.

ac milan is only 2 cups behind real, they can very well catch up to them...obviously not this year but they'll get their stuff together soon and will get a CL title soon

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2010, 04:18:48 PM »

ac milan is only 2 cups behind real, they can very well catch up to them...obviously not this year but they'll get their stuff together soon and will get a CL title soon

You serious? If Milan don't hang on to Pato I can't see them winning the CL for a good 15 years minimum.
NO MORE WAR

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2010, 04:26:30 PM »

You serious? If Milan don't hang on to Pato I can't see them winning the CL for a good 15 years minimum.

oh come on, they just havent spent money so they just need to bring in a few new players and good goal keeper and they'll be back.  Dont look at this year with their 0 experience coach.  this man u- milan thing was not a fair comparison, look at their coaches.
Borriello is better than pato
and last time milan won was not too long ago, it was like 2007, they'll win it again in the next 5 years max

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2010, 01:52:51 AM »

oh come on, they just havent spent money so they just need to bring in a few new players and good goal keeper and they'll be back.  Dont look at this year with their 0 experience coach.  this man u- milan thing was not a fair comparison, look at their coaches.
and last time milan won was not too long ago, it was like 2007, they'll win it again in the next 5 years max

I agree with their history but the majority of their starting line-up and squad in general is the wrong side of 30. I think most on here would back me up on that.
NO MORE WAR

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2010, 09:24:20 AM »

I agree with their history but the majority of their starting line-up and squad in general is the wrong side of 30. I think most on here would back me up on that.

im not arguing their current retirement house line up but thats gonna change soon

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2010, 04:03:21 PM »
doubt it.. word on the streets is they can't even afford dzeko
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2010, 05:39:04 AM »
doubt it.. word on the streets is they can't even afford dzeko

If that fraud Berlusconi decides to save Milan's ass again, they could be back sooner or later. But in the next 3-4 years Milan won't play a role in the CL.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2010, 12:29:24 PM »
well everyone said the same thing when they lost the final to liverpool, 2 years later they came back on got revenge on liverpool

never count out milan, champions league is their league

btw, they really suck ass this year, they could've taken the lead this weekend but they tied napoli, half of serie A teams can kick their ass now, they might as well hand over the trophy to inter, they're not gonna win it this year

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2010, 12:39:36 PM »
Guys guys, take this Milan, CL and whatever discussion in the football thread or start a new one. This is for the World Cup.

kemizt