Author Topic: The Official World Cup South Africa 2010 Discussion Thread  (Read 14383 times)

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
Re: The Official World Cup South Africa 2010 Discussion Thread
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2010, 02:44:12 PM »
Will be interesting to see if at least one African team can make it through the group stages. I wouldn't bet my money on this at the moment.
Cameroon and South Africa are a joke (I think they'll be the first host to exit after group stage), Ghana has potential, but  :grumpy: @ losing 1:4 against Netherlands. Wouldn't surprise me if underdog Australia advances. Ivory Coast of course has the most potential, but they're clearly not in good shape and are in the killer group again :-X  I think Nigeria has a realistic chance, they don't look to strong either but their group isn't that hard. I would rank Algeria highest out of them at the moment but they have a tough group with England and USA.

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2010, 03:20:21 PM »
LULZ America have Spector and Altiodore in there team. Enough said.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2010, 04:23:37 PM »
Will be interesting to see if at least one African team can make it through the group stages. I wouldn't bet my money on this at the moment.
Cameroon and South Africa are a joke (I think they'll be the first host to exit after group stage), Ghana has potential, but  :grumpy: @ losing 1:4 against Netherlands. Wouldn't surprise me if underdog Australia advances. Ivory Coast of course has the most potential, but they're clearly not in good shape and are in the killer group again :-X  I think Nigeria has a realistic chance, they don't look to strong either but their group isn't that hard. I would rank Algeria highest out of them at the moment but they have a tough group with England and USA.

With the World Cup being in Africa, there is absolutely no way no African team will survive the Group Stage. I agree with Shallow thus far, that they will look to cut them African teams (especially South Africa) some slack.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2010, 09:42:45 AM »

With the World Cup being in Africa, there is absolutely no way no African team will survive the Group Stage. I agree with Shallow thus far, that they will look to cut them African teams (especially South Africa) some slack.

Even if the refs push them like they did the Koreans, it'll still be near impossible to get them through this group. Even if France is a fuck up.

btw Drogba is out now too ::) IC has still some capable strikers, but I have very few doubts Brazil and Portugal go through. What a shame :-\
Well, 1-2 teams may make it to  the round of 16, but like I said, I wouldn't bet on that.

Lunatic

« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2010, 10:13:20 AM »
Drogba injury sucks for IC but being Portuguese, I'm not complaining.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2010, 02:36:49 PM »
Drogba's injury sucks for IC the World Cup.

kemizt

Lunatic

« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2010, 02:58:23 PM »
Word is Drogba is having emergency surgery and will only be out ten days..Still, with their opening game against Portugal just 11 days away, he'll be  rush to be ready for that game. I hope he sits it out  ;D

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2010, 12:25:48 PM »
Who do you think should partner twatty terry now Rio is out.

None of the replacements fill me with confidence but id go with King if he can play games close together.

Carragher is to similar to Terry, Upson isnt good enough for international football and Dawson has no experience.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Lunatic

« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2010, 12:29:33 PM »
^ big blow. King has no knees, there mangled. It's probably gonna' be Dawson.

Sven is using this Drogba thing to mess with teams' in the group heads. Flip flopping whether or not Drogba will be healthy.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2010, 02:44:13 PM »
^ big blow. King has no knees, there mangled. It's probably gonna' be Dawson.

Unless Dawson shows something in the week remaining before our first game that he didn't show in the 2 weeks the squad were together before the final 23 was picked I really can't see him starting. Upson, Carragher and King were all picked ahead of him initially, so you'd have to think he is behind them in the pecking order. I'd go with King as he has more composure than the other three and would thus dovetail well with Terry.

Baines didn't do his chances any good by admitting that he suffers from bad homesickness a week or so before Capello announced the squad.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2010, 10:41:03 AM »

word. With Drogba, Mikel and Essien 3 of Africa's best players are missing. Plus Ferdinand, possibly Robben and Milito + countless others :(

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2010, 01:15:22 PM »

word. With Drogba, Mikel and Essien 3 of Africa's best players are missing. Plus Ferdinand, possibly Robben and Milito + countless others :(

Yeah, it sucks

kemizt

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2010, 03:11:29 PM »
Things already got bloody in a friendly game in Johannisburg.

How big are the chances that this World Cup will have to be aborted?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Lunatic

« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2010, 10:03:18 AM »
Nani (Portugal) hurt in training, bruised collarbone, out of world cup  :-\ 

WTF? I read yesterday he was going to just miss today's friendly against Mozambique (we won 3-0) and be fine for the first tournament game...Now a day later, they're ruling him out COMPLETELY  :o  thats a big blow to us. Man I hope by some miracle he ends up OK  :-\

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2010, 11:07:13 AM »
Things already got bloody in a friendly game in Johannisburg.

How big are the chances that this World Cup will have to be aborted?

bla bla bla. Nothing'll have to be aborted.