Author Topic: BAD BAD news about Gods Son..........FUCK!!!!!!  (Read 674 times)

teecee

BAD BAD news about Gods Son..........FUCK!!!!!!
« on: December 02, 2002, 01:59:00 PM »
Well, i know most people that have listened to the leaked version of Gods SOn dig the album (except for ZOne out)......well, unfortunately it looks like NAs is pissed that the album got bootleged and has changed the tracklisting!  And besides taking off Zone out, he has also taken off the following songs:

Get Down
The Cross
Last Real Nicca Alive
Thug Manzions
Dance
Mastermind

THis better be bullshit, cuz those are likely the best 6 songs on the album!  WHatever the case, SOMETHING is up cuz  CDUNIVERSE.com have a new tracklisting then they did yesterday, they had the other tracklisting up and now they have this one........

1. My Book Of Rhymes
2. Crabs In A Barrel
3. Grimey
4. You Wanna Be
5. My Will
6. Have Fun
7. Made You Look
8. Hey Nas
9. Warrior
10. If Heaven Was A Mile Away
11. Me & You
12. I Can

Any Nas fans remember what happened when I Am was supposed to be a double album but it got heavily bootlegged (it was one of the first real victims of this in music)?  He realized it as a single album without most of the tightest songs, and added some rushed new songs.  Some of the ones that never made the album ended up being released on Lost Tapes, and we all know how dope that album is.  Damn, i dont want NAs to make the same mistake again, this could be a disaster..........guess we will see!  peace

teecee

Re:BAD BAD news about Gods Son..........FUCK!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2002, 02:04:58 PM »
Oh ya, i hope the above aint true, but i do find it kinda odd that there is no Irv track, and no Large Professir tracks, who Nas said is his favourite producer and was supposed to have 6 tracks.  

I'm awaiting King Suge to come into the thread and say the following: "oh princess, dont get your panties in a knot, everyone knows Nas cant touch the incredible Blueprint 2 anyway, when will you pumpkins learn?"

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2002, 02:12:41 PM »
This is the first God's Son thread that I've check since it leaked.  I thought that you were going to say that it got pushed back.  Hopefully nothing gets fucked up like what happend with I Am when that got bootlegged.

Just read the first few lines, wanna be suprised.

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 1000 plus posts under my belt..Its GOOD to be King
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2002, 02:35:40 PM »
oh princess, dont get your panties in a knot, everyone knows Nas cant touch the incredible Blueprint 2 anyway, when will you pumpkins learn?
I only gave you the crown, so I could shoot it off your fucking head-Suge

Refer to me as your highness or dont refer at all

The King is Eddie Winslow/Youre a modern day Urkel/Ill throw you in the pool and hide your pink snorkel.

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2002, 03:41:56 PM »
GOOD, lol.  I don't blame him, bootlegging sucks.  It doesnt' increase sales.  I see a guy at the flea market every week selling DOZENS of the new stuff, as fast as people can walk up he's handing them over, and he just burns his off mirc and prints crappy  covers.  You think that's helping sales? hell no.  If we couldn't get it online early, we'd still buy the albums we were interested in, to see if they were any good.  This "oh we just preview to see what we want to buy" stuff is b.s., and I know it because I do the same damn thing.  If I download it, I ain't gonna buy it, unless it's one of my all time favorites, like snoop, Dre, or Cube.  I didn't even buy the last Warren G album.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2002, 03:42:51 PM »
King Suge: Making dreams come true for over a year now.  

Murrow

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2002, 04:45:16 PM »
FUCK!  "Dance" is like my favorite joint on here!  No more "Cross" either.  Shit man...this album was looking great.  I hope it can still maintain what this is when it is redone.  

:'(

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2002, 05:28:39 PM »
if the whole I AM bullshit happens again...ill be very pissed
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

apaman

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2002, 01:20:33 PM »
Yo this isn't possible b/c he came on power 100 n LA and he said to peep the album download the bootleg and everything he dont care, they asked him do you care about bootleging your album he told them it don't matter I just want people to hear this album
Man he is a true playa , every artist knows that he won't make shit out of the cd sales only the fucking label. Concerts is where the $$ is for the artists.
Peace

Doggystylin

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2002, 02:57:30 PM »
i really hope he doesnt take those songs off, cause if he does then wtf, is he TRYING to make the album shitty?

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2002, 12:11:37 AM »
if he does that i wont buy the album...
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2002, 06:25:55 PM »
I don't know...I think that Nas realizes that he HAS to take those songs off the album so "God's son" will fall into line with the rest of the disappointing albums of this year:

Snoop
Jay Z
Xzbit
Bone Thugs

....it just wouldn't be right if this album is dope.  I looked forward to all of the above releases and was hella disappointed.  I'm looking forward to the new Nas, but I can see if falling into the category with the rest.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2002, 12:40:56 AM »
oh princess, dont get your panties in a knot, everyone knows Nas cant touch the incredible Blueprint 2 anyway, when will you pumpkins learn?

ALL of Nas's albums [except Nastradamus] take liquidy shits all over BP2.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2002, 07:40:28 AM »

ALL of Nas's albums [except Nastradamus] take liquidy shits all over BP2.

ONLY 2 nas albums out of which one is "lost tapes" r actually clearly better than blueprint2, to this date....
« Last Edit: December 06, 2002, 07:42:01 AM by I TO DA GEEZY »
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2002, 09:41:27 PM »
man he took of  DANCE and THA REALEST NIGGA Alive wtf is he doin what an idiot i was gonna pick up this cd but im not now.....ill stick wit tha bootleg SUCKA