Author Topic: Ice cube to diss  (Read 3916 times)

klander

• Lil Geezy
Ice cube to diss
« on: March 05, 2010, 11:28:24 AM »
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 09:32:24 PM by GET YOUR WALK ON »

EFFeX

Re: Ice cube to diss
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 11:58:25 AM »
I already discussed this issue too much this morning, but I'll say it again.

This is the last thing the West needs right now. I understand that controversy can increase album sales, but does squashing upcoming emcees really help the West as a whole (considering that's what Cube claims this album is going to do).

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 12:16:23 PM »

This is the last thing the West needs right now. I understand that controversy can increase album sales, but does squashing upcoming emcees really help the West as a whole (considering that's what Cube claims this album is going to do).

Its not what is needed for the west , but when bishop, crook and glasses said they were gonna release "no country for old men" there was no need for that either.

As it never happened i dont see a reason for cube to diss them.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Sike

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 12:25:49 PM »

Its not what is needed for the west , but when bishop, crook and glasses said they were gonna release "no country for old men" there was no need for that either.

Exactly, I dont see why Cube catched feelings about it. If he knows he still belong in the rap game then why must he reassure himself?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 12:38:22 PM »

Exactly, I dont see why Cube catched feelings about it. If he knows he still belong in the rap game then why must he reassure himself?

He's not reassuring himself. He's reminding these dumb niggas like G.Malone and Bishop Lamont. Similar to what Jay-Z was doing on "Reminder".
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

machete

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 12:46:43 PM »
yeah the west needs to be united but there is nothing wrong with competition.  some will say cube can't or shouldn't diss the new west, but what do you expect him to do.  some says your name your gonna turn, if someone talks sideways about you, if your a man you'll do something about it.  i'm all for this, it can lead to a collaboration if they do diss.

COBNinja

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 01:01:43 PM »
I would rather se Ice Cube work with Crooked i on a track for his new album, that would be so dope.
Crooked i is right though, the west coast vets need to start supporting the talented rappers from the west.

YoungCrookedI

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 01:30:08 PM »
if this is true, then R.I.P Ice Cube in a music meaning.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 01:51:53 PM »

Lol idiot.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

YoungCrookedI

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 01:56:30 PM »

Lol idiot.

GangstaBoogy these nuts. ;D

nando

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 02:07:14 PM »

how would this boost his album sales? The people in question that he's supposedly gonna diss havent sold beyond what he has. People will just download this diss and talk about it on the internet....the average Ice Cube fan that doesnt heavily keep up with stuff on the internet is not gonna know about them 3 or go out and buy a Cube album just cause he mentioned them.

Until these artists can accomplish something past just leaking free songs that have "thousands" of downloads....they can't even begin to claim they are next up to take Cube's place.

In the past 5 years it's only been one new 'west coast' artist doing something worth noticing and thats The Game..Cube doesn't owe any new artists a single thing.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: fuck allhiphop
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 02:07:32 PM »
allhiphop should be taken down :spam:

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 02:11:44 PM »

have you heard no vaseline? 

SO PRUP

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 02:22:49 PM »
the problem with ice cube dissing the younger cats is that it would be an open door for hella new west rappers to start dissing dude, it would open the flood gates and it could actually help newer artist and hurt cube in the long run....

nando

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 02:28:24 PM »
the problem with ice cube dissing the younger cats is that it would be an open door for hella new west rappers to start dissing dude, it would open the flood gates and it could actually help newer artist and hurt cube in the long run....

how would it help them by dissing an established vet with a fanbase? it would be the other way around, weigh what any 'new west' artist has accomplished against what Cube has, its no contest