Author Topic: Ice cube to diss  (Read 3927 times)

EFFeX

Re: Ice cube to diss
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2010, 02:32:03 PM »
There are definitely great points being made in this thread and I definitely can not deny that the exposure could be huge.

On the other hand, Ice Cube has such an established fan base that even if "newer" artists were to respond to him, there are those that will simply dismiss them due to Cube's past accomplishments and status.

Either way, it will be interesting. Let's see what happens.

YoungCrookedI

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 02:34:17 PM »
if this is true, then R.I.P Ice Cube in a music meaning.

have you heard no vaseline? 

what a dumb ass question, come on one dumb ass question for you; did you know that ice cube fell off after the westside connection album???? his time is way over, the old man needs to lean back and do his fictional movies again instead "rapin" on the mic.

EFFeX

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 02:34:47 PM »
I already discussed this issue too much this morning, but I'll say it again.

This is the last thing the West needs right now. I understand that controversy can increase album sales, but does squashing upcoming emcees really help the West as a whole (considering that's what Cube claims this album is going to do).

how would this boost his album sales? The people in question that he's supposedly gonna diss havent sold beyond what he has. People will just download this diss and talk about it on the internet....the average Ice Cube fan that doesnt heavily keep up with stuff on the internet is not gonna know about them 3 or go out and buy a Cube album just cause he mentioned them.

Until these artists can accomplish something past just leaking free songs that have "thousands" of downloads....they can't even begin to claim they are next up to take Cube's place.

In the past 5 years it's only been one new 'west coast' artist doing something worth noticing and thats The Game..Cube doesn't owe any new artists a single thing.

I'm talking about the bigger picture. Let's face the facts, a new album from Ice Cube may not necessarily grab the attention that it deserves in 2010. If he causes a little controversy, you can't deny that it will make people start TALKING (at the very least) about his album outside of his core fan base. That in turn could easily translate into album sales.

I'm not necessarily saying people would buy the album just for the diss, but it's exposure.

YoungCrookedI

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2010, 02:48:00 PM »

SO PRUP

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 02:52:45 PM »
the problem with ice cube dissing the younger cats is that it would be an open door for hella new west rappers to start dissing dude, it would open the flood gates and it could actually help newer artist and hurt cube in the long run....

how would it help them by dissing an established vet with a fanbase? it would be the other way around, weigh what any 'new west' artist has accomplished against what Cube has, its no contest

I feel what your saying, but at the same time its like if cube takes the time to diss the newer artist then it will bring attention when and if the newer artist diss back...

EFFeX

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 03:13:59 PM »
the problem with ice cube dissing the younger cats is that it would be an open door for hella new west rappers to start dissing dude, it would open the flood gates and it could actually help newer artist and hurt cube in the long run....

how would it help them by dissing an established vet with a fanbase? it would be the other way around, weigh what any 'new west' artist has accomplished against what Cube has, its no contest

I feel what your saying, but at the same time its like if cube takes the time to diss the newer artist then it will bring attention when and if the newer artist diss back...

That is actually a good point, if Ice Cube feels that it's worth it to make the track, obviously he has put thought into it. He wouldn't just do it for no reason.

papa-smurf

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 03:19:23 PM »
interesting.ice cube a legend,he is the westcoast.he started gangsta rap and he the only rapper that been out since the 80's and still relavant.but crooked i a murder cube in this new day and age of rap.

papa-smurf

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2010, 03:20:37 PM »
I would rather se Ice Cube work with Crooked i on a track for his new album, that would be so dope.
Crooked i is right though, the west coast vets need to start supporting the talented rappers from the west.

me 2

papa-smurf

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2010, 03:24:07 PM »
ice cube vs crooked i is like dr dre vs 2pac when 2pac was alive.pac was like the  new generation of rap,dre was the respected legend who put the west on the map and help start this gangsta rap shit. but still dre couldnt fuck with pac,same with cube and crooked i,i rather see them work together,but if they do battle it out,it a be interesting because cube isnt no wack mc,he know how to make good as diss records.so we a see the out come if this true

YoungCrookedI

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2010, 03:32:23 PM »
interesting.ice cube a legend,he is the westcoast.he started gangsta rap and he the only rapper that been out since the 80's and still relavant.but crooked i a murder cube in this new day and age of rap.

Schoolly D started gangsta rap in philly basicly he was the 1st one,then on the westcoast ICE-T started gangstarap then fuckin nwa.

Outlaw_91791

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2010, 03:38:33 PM »
god damn, get off crooked i's dick  ::)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 03:41:45 PM by Outlaw_91791 »

YoungCrookedI

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2010, 03:42:38 PM »
take my dick outta your fuckin mouth...fuckin homo.

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2010, 04:04:40 PM »
ice cube if he wanted to could destroy crooked i, bishop and gmalone on a track, but i dont think cube will call out their names, as he just wants to teach them a lesson.
he'll adress the haters in general from the newer generation, and scold them for falling out of line.

"no country for old men" is a joke, because crooked I is about as old as snoop, and bishop is in his 30's, so they cant play they old card bullshyt, as they're not nuch younger than ice cube and snoop. gmalone is the only youngbuck

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2010, 04:13:36 PM »
I PRAY the GOAT MC puts all these faggot new west rappers on blast

what are these crumbs really going to say to Cube with no albums dropped between them?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 04:15:39 PM by Long Beach Iz Active »
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Jome

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2010, 05:07:57 PM »

Seems like you could use a week vacation.

Try to avoid acting like a douche when you get back.