Author Topic: When was the last time a artist from the west coast dropped a straight classic?  (Read 953 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Blood$

as far as classic west coast hip hop albums, this

I could go on as far as "personal" classics

• Muthafuckin' Don!
not a westcoast classic?
the best album to drop from this coast in years....a couple comin in close but not any of games albums, not wc's, not snoops

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Blood$

not a westcoast classic?
the best album to drop from this coast in years....a couple comin in close but not any of games albums, not wc's, not snoops

nah I'm saying that 2001 IS a classic lol albums like Game's, Snoop's, etc. I would consider personal  8)

MistaNova

I'd go with Documentary or Doctor's Advocate in terms of timeless classic.

But for personal classic I'd go with either Coolio's Gangsta's Paradise (the last classic from the west IMHO) or Sly Boogy's Judgement Day. Though if mixtapes were involved I'd go with Ya Boy's Optimus Rime.

West Coast Veteran

Restless, Tha Last Meal, The Documentary and Doctor's Advocate are the most common albums mentioned when discussing classic West Coast albums that were released within the last 10 years.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Documentary is a debut Classic...I mean he had Dre,50,Em,Jimmy, it was a product of all those elements, you couldnt go wrong.

But Doctors Advocate is a personal classic, fan classic, you really had to be A Game fan, as well as West Coast Fan in order to know what was going on at that time with Game, Label, Fallout etc...Brother Thing.

DA is more of a Games life printed on the records in 2006-2007.

You cant bring DA in 2010 and bump it like that, as Game reallly moved on from Label drama,Fucking with Jimmy and Dre now etc.

Da is more of a timeline classic while Documentary is a timeless classic, i could bump it in 2035.

Other than that...I cannot really come up with anything that Westcoastish, Maybe WC Guilty album and Cubes shit. All the other Mcs From the west caost are too Lyrical,metaphorical and boring(Bishop,Ya Boy) and they all sound like eastcoast cats and not really repping the shit.

I think Clyde Carson would be a very good example of west coast cat that would rep West as well as Bay area to the fullest..But he will never drop.

Other than that West coast is washed up an dead, becoz all those artists talk Chucks and Khakis and the only reason why Game is still here coz he tells fans how he feels and raps about his life to open, talks suicide etc...Hence Creating a bond with Fans that most West coast artists cannot do.

you're basically saying that if you're talented, you're not westcoast-ish :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :banana:

Matty

DJ Quik Trauma

Jaydc

da was good but no classic.Too many average songs,a couple borderline awful track,ie scream on em and that track with jamie foxx

Paul

Mitchy Slick - U.S.S
funkyfreshintheflesh

• Muthafuckin' Don!
damn matty you would put quiks album up there?
thats crazy...a very bad album IMO
under the influence>>>>>
damn some surprisin albums in here
Cube

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
I'd say Streetz Iz A Mutha / 2001, which ever came out later.  There haven't been any Westcoast classics in over a decade.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

All the other Mcs From the west caost are too Lyrical,metaphorical and boring(Bishop,Ya Boy) and they all sound like eastcoast cats and not really repping the shit.

Other than that West coast is washed up an dead, becoz all those artists talk Chucks and Khakis and the only reason why Game is still here coz he tells fans how he feels and raps about his life to open, talks suicide etc...Hence Creating a bond with Fans that most West coast artists cannot do.

did you just say Bishop & Ya Boy were "boring" because they are TOO lyrical? :D

& did you say Metaphors were boring? because Game name drops more than anybody in rap & the only reason he does it, is to make some sort of Metaphor... :D

& then are you trying to tell me Game doesn't say the words "Chucks & Khakis" in just about every other verse? :D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/FtADw4MkfE4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/FtADw4MkfE4</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/bNtrpNgC-5M" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/bNtrpNgC-5M</a>

the Ya Boy song is just Ya Boy going off; but listen to Can't Figure It Out & name me a deeper song Game has ever tried to make; that's three Game albums against one song of a Bishop Lamont mixtape.

Blood$

I'm Bout To Murdah This Shit was hard but Chapter 1: The Rise IMO is miles ahead... I would definitely consider that one as a classic street album  8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
I'm Bout To Murdah This Shit was hard but Chapter 1: The Rise IMO is miles ahead... I would definitely consider that one as a classic street album  8)

word? i never heard of that.

i'm about to check, major props. 8)